LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 267 users in the forums

Christian Ponder is a better pro prospect than Andrew Luck

Originally posted by Amir:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Andrew Luck is a man amongst boys.

This.

Luck is a superior prospect compared to Ponder. Had Luck came out, he'd have gone #1.

just like alex
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Digger:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
I saw the title of this thread and I spit my wine out.

Yeah I thought it was going to be the poster claiming this so I was getting ready to laugh at them.

In 1979 if someone said "Joe Montana is a better qb prospect than Jack Thompson", everyone wouldve laughed and made fun as well.

People love to think they know exactly who a player will be based on their draft grade. For all we know Kap ends up a pro bowler, and Luck ends up being a solid, but middle of the pack guy.

Ahhh . . . the voice of reason.

I thought the zone was illergic to that lol.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:

Yeah I thought it was going to be the poster claiming this so I was getting ready to laugh at them.

In 1979 if someone said "Joe Montana is a better qb prospect than Jack Thompson", everyone wouldve laughed and made fun as well.

People love to think they know exactly who a player will be based on their draft grade. For all we know Kap ends up a pro bowler, and Luck ends up being a solid, but middle of the pack guy.

Ahhh . . . the voice of reason.

I thought the zone was illergic to that lol.

You guys need to look up the word "PROSPECT" in the dictionary.

Go ahead, I'll wait.

No way in hell is Ponder at this point in time a better pro "PROSPECT" (there's that word again!) than Andrew Luck.

I don't care how you try to spin it, it just ain't true. Will Ponder be a better pro QB than Luck? Doubtful, but possible. But he is not a better prospect. No way. Try again.

That Joe Montana example was a poor one, hindsight simply cannot apply in this case, because neither QB has taken a snap in the NFL yet.

[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Jul 28, 2011 at 22:11:17 ]
Andrew Luck will become the better NFL player, and IS (not may be) the better prospect. I honestly don't EVER remember a prospect coming out rated as highly as Andrew Luck. Luck would go number one in any draft of the past 20 years... many thought Ponder was a reach at 12 in a weak qb class.

The dumb s**t people said during the lockout....
to be fair, merrill hodge did say that matt leinart and vince young were not first round talents. that the only qb he'd take in the first round is jay cutler.
Originally posted by genus49:
These guys get paid to say outrageous things.

I gave Casserley a lot of credit for drafting Mario Williams over Reggie Bush but then I heard him say he would give up a first round pick for Carson Palmer right now and I realized he must've just flipped a coin or something.

Hodge says dumb stuff all the time.

lmao.
uhhhhh yea I was thinking the same thing......not......
  • flow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

PROSPECT.

RIP PROSPECT.
Share 49ersWebzone