There are 304 users in the forums

Boatload of picks or a top ten player? You be the GM, if we had a trade partner.

Boatload of picks or a top ten player? You be the GM, if we had a trade partner.

Originally posted by genus49:
I don't think the question and the actual poll answers are the same thing.

There is also the fact that we didn't make that trade for a reason....we COULD NOT!

It's stupid to even look back on something that happened before our pick.

We won't really know for like 5 years. For a while there it looked like the Cutler to Chicago trade was very one sided in favor of Denver...well now all those picks Denver had didn't ammount to much.

Same problem here. If Aldon Smith goes on to be a hall of famer pass rusher and Cleveland doesn't draft a single decent starter with all the picks they got then the answer is obvious.

More doesn't always mean better when it comes to draft picks. As fans you always think/hope your team drafts well so obviously more picks = more chances to draft stud players. Realistically it doesnt' happen all that often.

They tried to trade down, nobody bit so they stayed and took a player they liked. Let's just see how the kid does.

I agree and said the same but worded differently-however, given where the players actually fell and if we did get the picks the browns got (with no CBA-what else can we talk about-hehe), who would you take is what I ask. With so many arm chair GMs, see who would do better, then again you would have an advantage the gm's didn't and that is when a player actually was taken.
no
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
i wouldnt mind either way with our pick we get a potential top pass rusher

if we got atlanta pick we wouldnt really have a good pass rusher and our team wouldnt really improve this year

we would have 2 first round picks next year but one will be near the end of the first rorund next year

Pretty much this. Quantity is one thing, though, but pass rush is hard to come by. If Smith lives up to expectations, then a bucket-load of lower picks would be a poor exchange.

this.
I'd take the picks but I do think Aldon will be good.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I don't know if I would've taken a boatload of picks, I would've went the other way and traded up to take Peterson.
that trade is gonna make cleveland relevant again in a year or two. definitely make the trade
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I don't know if I would've taken a boatload of picks, I would've went the other way and traded up to take Peterson.

I would of traded and picked jimmy smith, I think he will be as good or better then peterson.

edit: damn the ravens defense is going to be soooo good.... again, there huge problem was their corners and they helped that issue out.

[ Edited by footballxpaul on Jun 22, 2011 at 12:00:10 ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by footballxpaul:

I would of traded and picked jimmy smith, I think he will be as good or better then peterson.

edit: damn the ravens defense is going to be soooo good.... again, there huge problem was their corners and they helped that issue out.

Maybe, but the reason I think is because J. Smith has a much better supporting cast around him. Arizona's defense is horrible, IMO they should've took Fairley.
i'd give up our entire draft next year for Luck.
Originally posted by footballxpaul:

Maybe, but the reason I think is because J. Smith has a much better supporting cast around him. Arizona's defense is horrible, IMO they should've took Fairley.

Very true

Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
that trade is gonna make cleveland relevant again in a year or two. definitely make the trade

It all depends on what they do? But I agree it hurt ls them in the short term but can pay hugeiin the ling run. I think of the chargers and Micheal vick, Eli manning, etc. And then who knows the falcons have a bad year and now the browns have a free top 15 pick or something like the miners had last year.

I hate the auto spell check, sorry about some of the crap spelling.
I would have gone for more picks, nothing against aldon but We needed more help than just pass rush.
To many if's..........
hopefully this is the last time we have this discussion for many, many seasons to come.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
I would have gone for more picks, nothing against aldon but We needed more help than just pass rush.

Hard position to fill, and possibly our biggest need, so don't agree.

But it's opinion.
Share 49ersWebzone