12. STL- Trent Richardson, RB Alabama
13. MIN- Marcus Forston, DT Miami Fla.
14. JAX- Luke Kuechly, LB Boston College
15. MIA- Landry Jones, QB Oklahoma
16. DET- Stephen Gilmore, CB South Carolina
17. KC- Manti Te'o, LB Notre Dame
18. TB- Zach Brown, LB UNC
19. CHI- Justin Blackmon, WR Oklahoma State
20. HOU- Ray-Ray Armstrong, S Miami Fla.
21. DAL- Cliff Harris, CB Oregon
22. SD- Vontaze Burfict, LB Arizona State
23. NYG- Keenan Robinson, LB Texas
24. PHI- Travis Lewis, OLB Oklahoma
25. NYJ- Brandon Jenkins, DE Florida State
26. CLE(f/ATL)- Mike Adams, OT Ohio State
27. BAL- Robert Lester, S Alabama
28. NE(f/NO)- Andre Branch, DE Clemson
29. IND- Jeff Fuller, WR Texas A&M
30. PIT- Kelechi Osemele, OL Iowa State
31. NE- Jared Crick, DT Nebraska
32. GB- Chase Minfield, CB Virginia

WTF Manti Te'o is only a Sophomore.

Nevermind hes a Junior THIS year. I doubt he declares though.

The problem with Te'o is that he has to do some kind of Mormon pilgrimage or something that would take him out for a year. Could you imagine losing him the year after he signs

I don't know how that works, but hes never missed a season because of his religion yet, even since high school.

When Charlie brought him in he was asked about it and said he would be fine with him leaving for that year to do whatever it is.

Here is an article..

Quote:
Manti Te'o refrained from mincing words each time he met a college coach. Te'o, one of the nation's highest ranked linebacker prospects, told every coach who recruited him that, after his freshman season, he might leave the country for two years.

"I basically told them, 'This is me,'" said Te'o, from Laie, Hawaii. "I'm LDS. I'm thinking of serving a mission, and I want that to be available to me. If that's not in the cards for your university, I have to respect that, but I have to consider others."

Te'o is a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints -- more commonly referred to as the Mormon church. When male members of the church turn 19, they are encouraged to embark on a two-year mission to proselytize in parts of the world that may not have been exposed to the 189-year-old faith. Te'o would like to serve that mission, even if it means leaving college for two years. A pronouncement like Te'o's might end most players' recruitments, but Rivals.com ranks Te'o as the nation's No. 12 overall prospect. Because Te'o has so much potential, almost every coach who recruited him consented to the mission.

The mission question is just one of a set of issues LDS players face when they look outside the small group of schools that are accustomed to signing Mormons. LDS players also must consider how their faith will mesh with the campus environment at either a secular school or one run by a different faith, and they must prepare for a backlash from some in the LDS community should they choose a school other than Brigham Young, the Provo, Utah, university run by the Mormon church. Te'o and Provo offensive lineman Xavier Su'a Filo (No. 63 by Rivals) each have faced these issues during the past few months, and each will weigh them carefully in the next few days as they decide which school they'll sign with on Wednesday.

Te'o will sign either with a state university (UCLA), a secular private university (USC) or the nation's most prominent Catholic university (Notre Dame). While starring at Punahou -- President Barack Obama's alma mater and SI's No. 1 high school athletic program in 2008 -- Te'o piqued dozens of schools' interests. He had 29 scholarship offers before he stopped counting them. His sideline-to-sideline speed and penchant for gut-rattling hits brought recruiters in droves, and, somewhat to Te'o's surprise, his request that he be allowed to go on a mission didn't drive them all away.

Te'o worried especially about USC, which had a reputation for discouraging players from going on missions. He had good reason. DeAnn Longshore, whose son, Nate, just finished his career as a quarterback at Cal, said that when her son was being recruited for the class of 2004, USC coaches told Nate, an LDS member, that they would offer a scholarship only if he promised he wouldn't leave for a mission. So, in a phone conversation about a year ago, Te'o asked Trojans coach Pete Carroll pointblank if his scholarship would be waiting for him when he returned from his mission. Te'o's father, Brian, said Carroll explained how his opinion of mission trips has changed in recent years. Brian Te'o said Carroll answered all questions when he said, "Once a Trojan, always a Trojan."

Su'a Filo, who narrowed his finalists last week to BYU, LSU, UCLA, USC and Utah, also met with less resistance than he anticipated when he brought up the mission. "The coaches have been really good at understanding," he said. Two of Su'a Filo's finalists, BYU and Utah, are accustomed to signing future missionaries. BYU encourages the mission trip for all its students, so the coaching staff is adept at juggling scholarships and the depth chart as players depart and return. Ditto for Utah, a state school only a few miles from LDS headquarters in Salt Lake City. Utes coach Kyle Whittingham is an LDS member and BYU alumnus so familiar with the Book of Mormon that he has a standby passage to fire up Utes fans ("And the Lord shall be red in his apparel"). "See," Whittingham told Yahoo! Sports last month. "It was right there in the Doctrine and Covenants the whole time."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/andy_staples/01/30/lds/#ixzz1LSRV1U6R

I may be taking a little bit out of context, but he would be encouraged to do so. If he was to declare for the draft, no way he goes on that two year mission.

Glen Coffee did

Never know I'm sure he would be asked about it, if he said he might I could see a lot of people staying away.

C'mon jreff as much as we watch the draft, if he declared and made that choice that he would be taking a two-tear leave within his NFL career, he'd fall straight to the bottom. He would be convinced to take one AFTER his NFL career.
what if the 9ers ended up getting the number #1 overall pick... would they pick luck?
Originally posted by braap49er:
what if the 9ers ended up getting the number #1 overall pick... would they pick luck?

If he plays like he did last year, absolutely!
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
The Pats have so much ammo to trade up to #1 overall. I think they have 3 1st rounders and 2 2nd rounders or maybe it's the other way around.

i think they have 2 first and second rounders

The Pats continue to make so many deals, it's hard to keep track of how many future picks they have.

It's a good position to be in. Wish it were the 49ers.
The Pats have so much ammo to trade up to #1 overall. I think they have 3 1st rounders and 2 2nd rounders or maybe it's the other way around.

The Pats continue to make so many deals, it's hard to keep track of how many future picks they have.

i diasagree what they did last year they have a major pass rushing need they have no body wh can rush the passer and they had 2 1st this year and they didnt even take one

this is why most people say patriots had a horrible raft this year

the pats do a great job at accumulating picks, but im not so impressed with how they pick
Originally posted by Jcool:
Quote:
In a move that was short of "out of character" for Michael Oher, the Ravens offensive tackle launched a Twitter attack on ESPN draft analyst Todd McShay about his criticism of players with character concerns.

“Ok [I'm] so tired of the Character issues they are puttiing on [people]!” Oher posted on his Twitter account Tuesday. “What Character issues?!? Somebody tell me? . . . I never got in trouble with the Law . . . yes sir no sir guy . . . But this Todd Mcshay guy acts if he knows [people] on a personal level get real!”

Oher later directed comments directly at McShay's Twitter account.

“What if someone was to talk about your son . . . and he had character issues!!," Oher tweeted. "Thats how my family felt. You need to meet [people] first and then judge them not go off what you hear!! . . . And I respect Mel Kiper way more then I respect you…[you're] a joke!!”

McShay has yet to respond to Oher.

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/sports/sfl-blind-side-michael-oher-espn-mcshay-20110504,0,2960582.story

I read this too. McShay is a joke. It really seems like he goes by online blogs and quickly jumps on bandwagons.
He wrote an article that is getting people to talk. He did his job. It doesn't matter if he is right or wrong.

And a side note: Luck will NOT be #1. He will slide. Maybe an injury or maybe the fact he will be playing a new offense under new coaches. Come on people...

[ Edited by a24hrdad on May 5, 2011 at 08:18:00 ]
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Originally posted by braap49er:

If he plays like he did last year, absolutely!
if harbaugh doesnt like kaep anymore, it'll be the case...then again, assuming a rookie payscale, a trade-down is possible.
Originally posted by a24hrdad:

And a side note: Luck will NOT be #1. He will slide. Maybe an injury or maybe the fact he will be playing a new offense under new coaches. Come on people...
bradford was out for the most of his last college-season...went 1st ovr anyway though he came out of a spread/shotgun-offense.
i.e. an injury shouldnt kill his stock unless there is another QB getting some hype. furthermore, i dont know a lot about (college-)systems but i assume that westcoast offense is very difficult for any QB in terms of accuracy and many other things...so, i dont think that andrew will struggle in any system at college.

[ Edited by communist on May 5, 2011 at 08:48:01 ]
No Dennard in this mock? He could possibly be the 2nd best corner in the 2012 draft.

Me want a fattie next year!!!!

Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Washington

or

Kerry Murphy, NT, Alabama
Originally posted by Digger:
Originally posted by niners9:
i saw another 2012 mock draft, i forget who did it. but they had luck going to seattle at #1 and we had like the 16th pick. i always think their interesting, but way to early.

Yeah all of the 2011 mocks released last year at this time had us picking really late after winning the division, and we all know how that worked out...

Well, then we should do good cause many have us being a skank. It won't take much improvment to win this division.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

i diasagree what they did last year they have a major pass rushing need they have no body wh can rush the passer and they had 2 1st this year and they didnt even take one

this is why most people say patriots had a horrible raft this year

I wasn't comment on the Pats selections, just the accumulation of picks. Having multiple selections in each of the 1st 2 rounds gives them ammo to trade up or leverage to trade with with teams looking to move up.
Seems to be lots of ILB's highly rated next year and CB's too.

ILB's
Luke Kuechly Boston College
Manti Te'o Notre Dame
Vontaze Burfict Arizona State
Don'ta Hightower Alabama
Courtney Upshaw Alabama
Chris Galippo USC
Jerry Franklin Arkansas
Kory Williams Southern Mississippi

CB's
Dre Kirkpatrick Alabama
Alfonzo Dennard Nebraska
Stephon Gilmore South Carolina
Cliff Harris Oregon
Chase Minnifield Virginia
Greg Reid Florida State
Coryell Judie Texas A&M
Donnie Fletcher Boston College
If what was posted is McShays then

All of you are missing the bigger picture! He has the Lambs behind us meaning they win the division and end up with the 12th pick-look at where the cards and seachickends pick.

It goes to show McShay hasn't a clue even he gets paid, any body that wins the division even if the worse pick will pick no lower than what the seahacks did, and that is 25.
Share 49ersWebzone