There are 203 users in the forums

Undrafted QBs

I read somewhere that Harbaugh will be targeting an undiclosed, undrafted QB. Of the following, which do you think would best fit the bill?

1. Pat Devlin of Delaware
2. Mark Hartline of Kentucky
3. Josh Portis of California (PA)
4. Adam Froman of Louisville
5. Ben Chappell of Indiana
6. Scott Tolzien of Wisconsin
Originally posted by LionHeartofGold:
I read somewhere that Harbaugh will be targeting an undiclosed, undrafted QB. Of the following, which do you think would best fit the bill?

1. Pat Devlin of Delaware
2. Mark Hartline of Kentucky
3. Josh Portis of California (PA)
4. Adam Froman of Louisville
5. Ben Chappell of Indiana
6. Scott Tolzien of Wisconsin
I vote FROMAN too
Froman would be the guy. For all of the press he got from the so-called draft experts, Devlin did not get drafted. I guess he isn't the second coming of Flacco after all.
i kind of like the portis guy(cousin of clinton) he's very athleteic. could be WR if not QB
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I hope we put Alex Loukas or Zachary Lee on the practice squad or even compete in Preseason with Carr.
Tolzien please
I vote for Ben Chappell. He has a cool name.

Edit:

I also love how he's a great runner, sort of like how Marino and Bledsoe were great runners.

[ Edited by LAFortyNinerfan on May 4, 2011 at 23:40:21 ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
I vote for Ben Chappell. He has a cool name.

Edit:

I also love how he's a great runner, sort of like how Marino and Bledsoe were great runners.

Sarcasm, I gotcha!!!!
Josh Portis

Adam Webber from Minnesota is similar to Froman
Scott tolzein should have been drafted. I was hoping we picked him in the 5th or 6th....and im excited to see hes available. He fits the wco perfectly, and he's unbelieveably accurate. Im from madison wisconsin, and ive seen him play on numerous occasions. He had an awesome career against great defenses in the big 10. He had decent stats against the #1 DEFENSE of tcu in the rose bowl. Strange he wasnt drafted....by all accounts...he had a great combine, and awesome numbers in wisconsin in a run first scheme.
Originally posted by JizzmasterZero:
Scott tolzein should have been drafted. I was hoping we picked him in the 5th or 6th....and im excited to see hes available. He fits the wco perfectly, and he's unbelieveably accurate. Im from madison wisconsin, and ive seen him play on numerous occasions. He had an awesome career against great defenses in the big 10. He had decent stats against the #1 DEFENSE of tcu in the rose bowl. Strange he wasnt drafted....by all accounts...he had a great combine, and awesome numbers in wisconsin in a run first scheme.

As someone also in Madison I completely disagree. Hes not a NFL talent. His entire career he was carried by the Wisconsin running game. He has a weak arm with mediocre accuracy and a funky delivery. His accuracy stats are inflated by the amazing Wisconsin Play action that opened up HUGE windows for him to throw into.

He is smart and has a quick release so under perfect circumstances he could possibly be a 3rd qb.

[ Edited by natrone06 on May 5, 2011 at 21:54:30 ]
Share 49ersWebzone