There are 59 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Draft Grades are stupid... Here is mine

Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Originally posted by socal9er42:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Quote:
Overall grade? In progress... I'll know by year's end..

Yeah....

Be bold!!!!!!

Make a forecast NOW! - when it is not clear - always easier a year later to be accurate.

.... but I agree with most of your comments. Good analysis!!!!

I can make guesses, but to call them grades is just rude. People did work and research, and made a hypothesis (picking a player is essentially the hypothesis that he'll be a good fit). Then casual fans and moron "experts" on ESPN give them grades w/o having even 1/10th of the knowledge. Give me a break! At the end of the day if CK is a franchise QB the rest goes out the window. Who else did the Colts draft the year they picked Manning? Who else did the pats get the year they drafted Brady? Who cares?!? Grade for both those drafts: A+. If Kaep is legit this draft is an A, and I believe he will be.

Big props, that couldnt be more true
Originally posted by eastbay9erfn:
Originally posted by socal9er42:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Quote:

Yeah....

Be bold!!!!!!

Make a forecast NOW! - when it is not clear - always easier a year later to be accurate.

.... but I agree with most of your comments. Good analysis!!!!

I can make guesses, but to call them grades is just rude. People did work and research, and made a hypothesis (picking a player is essentially the hypothesis that he'll be a good fit). Then casual fans and moron "experts" on ESPN give them grades w/o having even 1/10th of the knowledge. Give me a break! At the end of the day if CK is a franchise QB the rest goes out the window. Who else did the Colts draft the year they picked Manning? Who else did the pats get the year they drafted Brady? Who cares?!? Grade for both those drafts: A+. If Kaep is legit this draft is an A, and I believe he will be.

Big props, that couldnt be more true

One of the most important things to know if how much we don't know. I have a fairly strong opinion...but definitely don't want to pretend to know more than I do.
The Good:

-Baalke isn't buying Scotty's philosophy that every player must come from the SEC. We clearly did our HW and drafted a number of players from small schools and lesser conferences.

-Colin Kaepernik. Anyone saying he isn't a good fit for the WCO is an idiot. Can we at least give Harbaugh the respect to assume he knows which QB fits his offense?!? Smart, hard working, with a phenomenal arm (2nd best in this class), and unmatched mobility. Far better athlete than even Cam Newton. I can't express in words how excited I am to have Harbaugh coach this guy to be the next 49er signal caller!

-Hunter. We actually got a back with some speed? Will not only help this team, but will also prolong Gore's career. Great value!

-Addressing O-line with later round picks. This is a good place to draft O-line. Tons of talent found later in the draft.

-The GM, not owner/fans/media made the 1st pick. You may not love Aldon Smith, but you can't argue that this was a thoughtless pick. The team went against expectation, and that means research went in, rather than conforming to popular opinion.

The Bad

- where the F*** is D-line help? If Franklin and McDonald leave via FA, we will literally have 3 lineman. 2 of them not of starting quality. We will Perdue very aggressively in FA I hope

- all the players we missed. Meracic could have been our 3rd Rd pick. He's worth it. Passed on Rickly Elmore in the 7th... Would of been a steal!

- last pick is a throw away. Too much CB depth. We need starters, not backups. Won't make the team. Why not try the QB Harbaugh likes? Give him the playbook early.

- too much projection. Smith and Kap are raw. Who the F* is Culliver? OTs are converting inside, and haven't exactly played outside much. A kid was drafted to play a position he's never played in his life. Hunter is the only one ready to step I'm right away. I don't mind projections, but almost every pick is a gamble!

This
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home