LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 209 users in the forums

MadDog's Final Wrap Up Grade for Niners

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Isn't that the idea behind the "eating crow" threads?

Its not about gloating, or shaming others, its about giving posters a chance to admit they made a mistake in a respectable way, and then move on.

It gives or restores credibility, and that encourages civil discourse and debate. That's what this place is really all about, isn't it?

Nobody cares what you have to say, and that must eat at you day and night. Now, if you want to have some credibility, go out there yourself, and put your thoughts to the public, instead of clinging to me like a boat barnacle, hoping somebody notices something you say.

• dj43
Originally posted by fryet:
JH is making a lot of us eat crow this year, myself included. How in the world did he turn around a team so quickly? Is he that good, or was Singletary that bad?

Some of each. I have felt for a long time that poor coaching was the reason that the WRs were not running good routes, that Vernon Davis could not read a defense, that Alex Smith was not even close to the QB he was at Utah, etc., etc. What we are now seeing is that the talent HAS been there all along but poor coaching in most all areas, DL with Tomsula being the obvious exception, has been keeping this team from better results.

Still, I can't blame Singletary for not being ready to be a HC in this league. He was selected by the Yorks to be HC. It isn't his fault they made a bad choice. I happen to think that MS is so driven to be successful that he will go back and spend the time to learn the craft...but that is a separate matter.

What matters is that Harbaugh has made a lot of people eat crow by turning players that some thought only mediocre into very productive ones. Good coaching will do that. In the meantime, I suspect that in the privacy of dining rooms across the country, crow is being served - roasted, broiled, deep fried, B-B-Qed, and multiple other ways we will never hear of. Just my opinion....
  • dj43
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:
old school you cant give these grades now, Maddog did his thing months ago. Shady to even compare the grades now, his grades we're from what he seen in college, your's are 6 weeks into the season. Alot of college players catch on to the pro game better then they did in college football. I think Culliver is a perfect example. I think your accurate now in your grades but you get no merrit for putting them against Maddogs rankings from shortly after the draft.

Agreed. Hindsight is never a good way to grade projections made based on then current knowledge.
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:
old school you cant give these grades now, Maddog did his thing months ago. Shady to even compare the grades now, his grades we're from what he seen in college, your's are 6 weeks into the season. Alot of college players catch on to the pro game better then they did in college football. I think Culliver is a perfect example. I think your accurate now in your grades but you get no merrit for putting them against Maddogs rankings from shortly after the draft.

have to agree 100% with this statement
Originally posted by boast:
lol. he finally showed up and posted that? what basement dwelling loser.

We call those "trolls."

Baalke > Maddog
[ Edited by RedWaltz24 on Oct 20, 2011 at 9:47 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Disagree with the bomb throwing in this thread, this is not a thread to take shots at one poster.
Share 49ersWebzone