There are 258 users in the forums

MadDog's Final Wrap Up Grade for Niners

Originally posted by AmpLee:
That's what happens when you pin yourself to your own prognostications. You inevitably get different results than the experts who actually made the picks and had the resources to study the players. I look forward to bumping this thread in two years with a big giant black crow, but you'll probably just revise history as usual.
It appears that you won't have to wait.
  • jdean
  • Veteran
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Hey MadDog, you mad?

Or are you keeping a low profile because you were SOOOO wrong about everything in this thread.

For example, Adon Smith: a "C" grade? Just a straight line rusher. Won't see any playing time this year. Won't contribute til next year. Not an "elite" athlete?

Chris Culliver: a "C+" grade. Maybe a 4th or 5th CB at best?

Bruce Miller: an "F" grade. Wasted draft pick???

Brooks: a "turd"?

Maybe you should try to consider the opinions of other posters, instead of blindly trying to ram your own opinions down everyone else's throat.

Maybe you should stop mocking everyone else's opinion as "stupid," "blind homerism" etc. Alot of fans on this board began to like Aldon Smith after he was drafted by the Niners--turns out that drafting him didn't MAKE him a star, as you suggested, his own athletic ability does. So the fans were and are right about him.

And please stop trying to convince us that you'd be a better GM than Baalke. His draft--the real one--clearly pwns your imaginary one.

don't forget he wanted carriker over willis.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
That's what happens when you pin yourself to your own prognostications. You inevitably get different results than the experts who actually made the picks and had the resources to study the players. I look forward to bumping this thread in two years with a big giant black crow, but you'll probably just revise history as usual.

I will the first to admit when I am wrong, but thanks for your kind words.

Please go ahead and bump my thoughts on the 2008 Niners' draft, where I thoroughly thrashed the team for the Balmer-Rachal-Smith-Wallace combo. You can bump that puppy all you want.

The "experts" were pretty hot that year.

You can also bump my criticism that Mays was the worst selection in 2010.

Originally posted by HessianDud:

Please go ahead and bump my thoughts on the 2008 Niners' draft, where I thoroughly thrashed the team for the Balmer-Rachal-Smith-Wallace combo. You can bump that puppy all you want.

Lies... I have never seen the guy apologize for sh*t... And yes, I am calling him out on that too!

That is high comedy right there.
i just hope madDog is enjoying all the early success of this team and hopes for continued success

sometimes it's ok to rock the red n gold glasses bro
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

You see how he left out the "be". MD couldn't even bring himself to say the sentence properly, thus changing the meaning. He wills the first (person in the thread, president of Uganda, signer of the Declaration of Independence?) to admit when he is wrong. Thereby putting the onus on someone else to take the blame when he is wrong. Most likely it's a dead president, which means we'd need to practice some voodoo Weekend at Bernie's s**t to get them to impose his will. This is not going to be easy.
so how many zoners does it take to will md into admitting hes wrong................1.....2.....3.........

and who is the first

there can only be 1
[ Edited by Allx9er on Oct 19, 2011 at 12:40 PM ]
Originally posted by Allx9er:

You see how he left out the "be". MD couldn't even bring himself to say the sentence properly, thus changing the meaning. He wills the first (person in the thread, president of Uganda, signer of the Declaration of Independence?) to admit when he is wrong. Thereby putting the onus on someone else to take the blame when he is wrong. Most likely it's a dead president, which means we'd need to practice some voodoo Weekend at Bernie's s**t to get them to impose his will. This is not going to be easy.
so how many zoners does it take to will md into admitting hes wrong................1.....2.....3.........

and who is the first

there can only be 1

Never going to happen. He will just point out the number of times he thinks he has been right and ignore this minor blip

Sweepstake time: how long before he posts here again? I say not until, at the earliest, the next loss. Maybe not until the season is over. Place your bets!
Originally posted by English:
Never going to happen. He will just point out the number of times he thinks he has been right and ignore this minor blip

Sweepstake time: how long before he posts here again? I say not until, at the earliest, the next loss. Maybe not until the season is over. Place your bets!

he posted today, in the "How the Niners were Built" thread.
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Hey MadDog, you mad?

Or are you keeping a low profile because you were SOOOO wrong about everything in this thread.

For example, Adon Smith: a "C" grade? Just a straight line rusher. Won't see any playing time this year. Won't contribute til next year. Not an "elite" athlete?

Chris Culliver: a "C+" grade. Maybe a 4th or 5th CB at best?

Bruce Miller: an "F" grade. At FB a practice squader at best???

Brooks: a "turd"?

Maybe you should try to consider the opinions of other posters, instead of blindly trying to ram your own opinions down everyone else's throat.

Maybe you should stop mocking everyone else's opinion as "stupid," "blind homerism" etc. Alot of fans on this board began to like Aldon Smith after he was drafted by the Niners--turns out that drafting him didn't MAKE him a star, as you suggested, his own athletic ability does. So the fans were and are right about him.

And please stop trying to convince us that you'd be a better GM than Baalke. His draft--the real one--clearly pwns your imaginary one.

But MD clearly made up for his own draft failure by diagramming a far superior FA offseason than that of Lord Baalke...oh wait . Cheers

Perhaps it's inappropriate for me to say this, but I've suspected for quite some time that he has a severe personality disorder, and I actually hold back quite a bit from criticizing him as a result. Suffice it to say, I wouldn't expect him to acknowledge his failings without considerable qualification.

Perhaps it's inappropriate for me to say this, but I've suspected for quite some time that he has a severe personality disorder, and I actually hold back quite a bit from criticizing him as a result. Suffice it to say, I wouldn't expect him to acknowledge his failings without considerable qualification.

F*ck that! He's always had the "high and mighty" arrogance displayed when he post like he is the "All Knowing." Time to eat crow and be a man about it. People like that annoys the living crap out of me.

Yeah, I'm calling him out.

Yea i like most of maddog posts agree or disagree. But when you are wrong you have to just eat that crow and admit it. I thought Baalke was on the pipe with his selection of Culliver. But I was dead wrong. It's not hard to admit especially when you want to be wrong b/c you want your team to be successful. But you can't alter how you felt about a guy coming into the draft after the fact. You just have to admit your analysis of that player was off and move on.
OK, OK, OK.....

People -- this isn't Paris, France after the Third Army kicked the Nazi's butt back across the Rhine. Now that, people, was some REAL payback time. This is getting a little over the top. Yes, Maddog was wrong. Yes, he was really wrong. C minus for Aldon Smith? This guy is probably going to win rookie of the year. And he just might be in contention with Kendall Hunter and Chris Culliver.

But, bottom line, Maddog's a 49er fan. We're all 49er fans. We should all share the joy that is winning 49er football again.

So Maddog was wrong? So, he'll never admit that he's wrong? In the end, it's a mighty small hill of beans to be splitting hairs over.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
JH is making a lot of us eat crow this year, myself included. How in the world did he turn around a team so quickly? Is he that good, or was Singletary that bad?
Share 49ersWebzone