LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 370 users in the forums

What was the biggest Niners' Draft Surprise?

• bret
  • Veteran
For me, it was not drafting a nose tackle. What are your thoughts?
same boat. I thought for sure we were gonna address that issue going into it
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

I assuming this is Aldon Smith. That would be it.

VD?
Culliver in the 3rd. I'm optimistic that he can be coached up, though.
WE finally addressed the pass rush! And with the #7 overall? That was a big suprise since I was mostly thinking CB or QB.
Kaep selection

This. But it's turned out to be a pleasant surprise. The more I learn about the kid, the more I like.
Culliver easily.

I'm embarrassed by how many people didn't know who Aldon Smith was when he was drafted. It's like outside of the top 10 guys nobody matters afterwards.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Travisty13:

This. But it's turned out to be a pleasant surprise. The more I learn about the kid, the more I like.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Travisty13:

Susweel likes Aldon Smith?!
Originally posted by bret:

this and the fact that we didn't spend a pick on a true CB until round 7. Hopefully this means the team is confident they will get Franklin back and maybe we intend on making a splash and signing Nnamdi????

also kind of surprising was passing on Stanley Havili and drafting a DE/OLB to play FB for us rather than the #2 FB that was still on the board.
Is it me or does Aldon Smith kinda look like Bokeem Woodbine on steroids?

Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by bret:

this and the fact that we didn't spend a pick on a true CB until round 7. Hopefully this means the team is confident they will get Franklin back and maybe we intend on making a splash and signing Nnamdi????

also kind of p surprising was passing on Stanley Havili and drafting a DE/OLB to play FB for us rather than the #2 FB that was still on the board.

For the last time, what makes you think that Havili was a good fit for this team? An undersized fullback that struggles with blocking and has a reputation of being "uncoachable." Seriously people need to get off his nuts, I never understood what the deal was. He's like the polar opposite of a fullback like Marecic who's a strong blocker, very coachable, hard worker, not so much a good runner or receiver.

Havili is a good receiver, decent runner and thats.....pretty much all. People hyped him like crazy on these forums.......yet I never understood why. Harbaugh never remotely indicated he was interested in Havili in any shape or form.
Share 49ersWebzone