LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

According to Adam Schefter..... (49ers)

Adam Schefter

No team has more ammunition than San Francisco. 49ers have 11 picks remaining in the 2011 draft. No other team has more than 9.

25 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

http://twitter.com/#!/adamschefter

do i smell a trade up in the 2nd or 3rd rounds?!?!

[ Edited by TlSSER on Apr 29, 2011 at 11:41:09 ]
Meh, we won't use any of them where it counts, we'll probably use a bulk of those loose picks to move up for more 4th/5th rounders tomorrow.

Come on Baalke, prove me wrong. Show me YUR BALLZ!!!!!!!!!!!

[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Apr 29, 2011 at 11:42:20 ]
5 of our picks are from the 6th round and up
  • dj43
Originally posted by TlSSER:
Adam Schefter

No team has more ammunition than San Francisco. 49ers have 11 picks remaining in the 2011 draft. No other team has more than 9.

25 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

http://twitter.com/#!/adamschefter

do i smell a trade up in the 2nd or 3rd rounds?!?!
With unfilled needs at CB, NT, speedy RB and more pass rush , I expect the 49ers will go BPA through the 2nd and 3rd rounds THEN use a bunch of picks for additional 3rd and 4th round picks for FS, OG, QB and whatever else is left.

There is enough overall talent on this team that if they fill some of these needs with BPA, that along with much better coaching could yield a playoff spot.
Move up in 2nd for sure! CB/QB/DT are huge needs.

Lets go for quality over quanity and try and trade up!
Originally posted by genz22:

DT Stephen Paea!
Hopefully not, we'd be better of taking whichever QB is left(they all cant be gone), and getting a CB in the 3rd. Heck1 of thebig 3 QB's may be there in the 3rd. !!
  • dj43
Originally posted by genz22:

There isn't much in the way of CB to move up for. There are three guys within about 8 slots of 45. It is unlikely anyone will jump for a deal up there.

None of the QBs are worth moving up for.

DT is meh.

They can sit and wait and get better value than a move up unless they have someone very high on their list.
NFL Network's Charley Casserly claims that as of last night the 49ers were trying to make a deal to trade up in the 2nd round of the draft! That's something to keep an eye on tonight.
According to Adam Shefter, harbaugh is going to be the Dolphins new HC.

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
According to Adam Shefter, harbaugh is going to be the Dolphins new HC.

lol
Trading up is dumb. Why? To get a player who might not even get to play this season?

Is is by far the worst draft to have the most picks.
  • dj43
Originally posted by PTulini:
NFL Network's Charley Casserly claims that as of last night the 49ers were trying to make a deal to trade up in the 2nd round of the draft! That's something to keep an eye on tonight.

Aaron Williams or Paea would be the likely targets if that were to happen. Both are likely to be gone at 45.

I can see Paea but is Williams worth more than Brandon Harris or Dowling, both of whom are likely to be there at #45?
I doubt we're going to do anything meaningful.
I would be happy with any of the following.

NT/
Stephen Paea
Marvin Austin

WR/
Torrey Smith
Titus Young
Randall Cobb

QB/
Andy Dalton
Colin Kaepernick

CB/
Aaron Williams