LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

Grades: 2011 NFL Draft Round 1

grades will be bad because no one projected Smith in any mock draft. We need a pash rushing OLB for the 3-4. and personally I am glad we got him over quinn. (who alot of peeps has us taking ) .
Cant grade drafts until 1 season or 2 seasons have passed to get accurate grade.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by YungAce:
This sheepf**ker gave the Vikings an A for drafting Christian Ponder. What credibility does he have?

/thread
Aldon is better at pass rushing than Gabbert, Locker, or Ponder is at playing QB.

Once PP and Von Miller were gone, no one was worth the 7th pick. Prince "I'm overrated mainly b/c people like my name" Amukamara went where he supposed to go: in the late teens. Robert "I'm only a 4-3 end" Quinn wasn't a scheme fit. (square peg round hole analogy).

The only prospect worth taking at #7 was Nick Fairley but he's not 3-4 DE.

Yes Aldon was a reach but only by a few slots. He's the argubly the best pass rusher in the draft who fills a need.

Peterson and Miller were pipe dreams. You should have accepted that months ago.

A-/B+
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
grades will be bad because no one projected Smith in any mock draft. We need a pash rushing OLB for the 3-4. and personally I am glad we got him over quinn. (who alot of peeps has us taking ) .
Cant grade drafts until 1 season or 2 seasons have passed to get accurate grade.

Actually McShay projected Aldon to the Cards at #5 in his final mock draft.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by YungAce:
This sheepf**ker gave the Vikings an A for drafting Christian Ponder. What credibility does he have?

/thread
this big-time...this journalist lost his credibility in my eyes.
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Originally posted by Jamespowers:

Actually McShay projected Aldon to the Cards at #5 in his final mock draft.

also he was the consenous top 15 pick mostly going to houston at 11and was on top 12 to 13 on all big boards
I read that Parcells gave Ballke a hint that this guy can be the next Demarcus Ware
I trust Baalke [sp] and JH.

I remember how many posters raved about Manny Lawson and were overjoyed [me too] when we traded up to get him. What we got was a little better than average pass LB and less than average pass rusher. JSmith is really the only guy we have who pressures the QB.

If our #7 pans out - great move. I still trust our Baalke & JH.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by miked1978:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He was overrated. It was a reach. And it was a bad pick.

NFL Draft Countdown
Espn Ranking
WalterFootball
Great Blue North

That dude won't respond. he keeps saying he's a reach but he really wasn't. He's at least a top 15 pick in all the boards I've seen.

If he was rated 15 you don't slam the phone down when you can't get a trade to go through and reach for him at #7...

McShay projected Aldon to the Cards at #5 in his final mock draft
Share 49ersWebzone