LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 405 users in the forums

Grades: 2011 NFL Draft Round 1

Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by YungAce:
This sheepf**ker gave the Vikings an A for drafting Christian Ponder. What credibility does he have?

/thread
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
This sheepf**ker gave the Vikings an A for drafting Christian Ponder. What credibility does he have?

/thread
He was overrated. It was a reach. And it was a bad pick.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Want to hug it out?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

NFL Draft Countdown
Espn Ranking
WalterFootball
Great Blue North

Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

NFL Draft Countdown
Espn Ranking
WalterFootball
Great Blue North

S.I.
Wow we reached a few pick to get him maybe 4
.....and the grade should of been a b. Like it matters anyway. And teams like sea and a few others like minn reached for SECOND ROUND PLAYERS and they got a b and an a.

This man is a joke and no sanenperson would of given sea or minn those grades and the niners a d.

We will see in a few yeqrs we will most probably get at least a b for smith and sea a c or d......minn who knows maybe a b.
I think this draft pick at least illustrates where we percieved need. Not corner but pass rush. I also think Aldon's character had a major factor in comparison to Quinn and others. IMO I think he has the most upside physically both from youth and growth potential. He is already strong and quick, but he doesn't have Quinn's polish.
I think his willingness to pay the price for being a star was a big part of it. I think character might be why they bypassed Amukamara. I noticed how Prince seemed to get along with other players and I suspect those in charge of interviews picked up on that too. We have seen too many guys fail not due to skills but character faults. No one is perfect but warning signs can be pretty scary for someone you are depending on.
Prisco is a F grade writer. Not worth paying attention to.

NFL Draft Countdown
Espn Ranking
WalterFootball
Great Blue North

That dude won't respond. he keeps saying he's a reach but he really wasn't. He's at least a top 15 pick in all the boards I've seen.

People laughed at Tampa for picking Freeman at 18. What a reach? You don't think we want that pick back do you?

Franchise quarterbacks are too valueable to say oh well the next guy off the board is just as good. If Ponder or Locker are successful they're well worth the selection.
Having grades right after a draft is stupid. These guys haven't even played an nfl snap. People really can't judge a player until after year 3.
  • RKab
  • Veteran
1. By all accounts there were 4 sure things in this draft Miller/Dareus/Green/Petersen.

2. They were all gone by pick 7.

3. We had no offers to trade down - ATL didn't hand over a busload of picks.

4. The rest of the draft by all accounts is weak with a smattering of above average QBs, DL, RBs - all of whom we can target in next couple rounds.

So we took a high risk / high reward pass rusher and are hoping he can develop into something special.

Anytime this team doesn't take a QB somebody flips out.

If we took Gabbert, even though his stock was falling and QB needy teams like BUF, CIN, AZ, TENN and WASH - ALLLLL passed on him, I'm sure people would be saying we had a great 1st round.

I'm tired of having good draft grades and then getting into the season and losing football games. I want the WTF that Patriot fans have been getting for years when they draft someone unexpected and the guys turns out to be a pro bowler.
Originally posted by miked1978:

NFL Draft Countdown
Espn Ranking
WalterFootball
Great Blue North

That dude won't respond. he keeps saying he's a reach but he really wasn't. He's at least a top 15 pick in all the boards I've seen.

If he was rated 15 you don't slam the phone down when you can't get a trade to go through and reach for him at #7...
Later for the crying, I salute Baalke for addressing what has been our BIGGEST NEED FOR YEARS. We haven't had a credible passrush, since what, Andre Carter in 2002?

Do you guys think it's a coincidence that our defense always melts late in the game (and when we need it most) because we don't get consistent pressure on opposing QB's?

Peterson was the only player that we could not have afforded to pass on. He was off the board, so we went with the next best thing we NEEDED.
Share 49ersWebzone