There are 578 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

In 5 years, who will be the best QB from this draft??

In 5 years, who will be the best QB from this draft??

I am thinking Dalton with maybe Ponder if the Vikings can help him out.

Newton is going to get the injury bug eventually. If he stays healthy for the next 10 years, then he would easily take it.
I guess people aren't expecting Alex to be here in 5 years? Look at all the Kaepernick love. All he's done is look terrible in preseason. My vote goes to Killa Cam. The next Culpepper!
lol Newton already proved he is the best out of this draft class and Kaepernick has 58%
Kaep has something though. Harbaugh has an eye for QB's after all he did go after Griffon and recruited Luck. I have faith that he sees something in Kaepernick that others don't.

Who knows time will tell. I just don't know when he will get a chance to play. Alex isn't that old and could be starting for a long time here, who knows if Kaep ever gets to start.
IN 5 years? Currently, Dalton has the biggest advantage. He's in the AFC North where Baltimore and Pitt are aging, browns are rebuliding as usual and the bengals are on the rise. Dalton and Green will be the dynamic duo of the future, not to mention the addition of Sanu and Marvin Jones, in 5 years, you could be looking at 3 quality recievers.
Im hoping Kap and Jenkins can do something special in the future when he gets ready to take the wheel. Under Harbaugh, the sky is the limit for Kap.
Depending on Carolina drafts in the future, Cam could be the best.
Too many variables to factor in though.
A quarterback with no weapons or any protection from the defense wont look good so whichever front office does the best job at bringing the pieces together will have the quarterback. *sigh* thts enough of babbling from me tonight
So far it's obviously Cam Newton with Dalton second place. If Cam Newton has a defense last year I think the Panthers are a wild card. Too many shootouts they lost in the 4th quarter. Newton is one of the most talented players in the league already. He is in first place and it's not close. Dalton was in the playoffs with a lot of help and he was basically only a role player. His ceiling doesn't look as high. Ponder needs a lot of help in Minnesota but looks to have a decent future. I think they might eventually have a coaching overhaul which could hurt his career. Gabbert is probably on the worst team in the NFL and his career and playing style reminds me of Alex Smith's first year in the NFL, maybe even worse then Smith's first year. That guy is going to need some good coaching and better players surrounding him before we judge him. Kaepernick has quite the coach in Harbaugh but remember it took a lot years for Steve Young to eventually play up to Bill Walsh's standards and it may take just as long for Kaepernick to out play Smith and lead the niners. A sleeper is Ricky Stanzi who I like coming out of college and he's backing up in Kansas City. If injuries ever happen in KC and Stanzi gets a chance he has some pretty good talent surrounding him there.
Then again, there is the guy who surprises everyone like Joe Montana did and Tom Brady did.
Originally posted by SJniner7:
I am thinking Dalton with maybe Ponder if the Vikings can help him out.

Newton is going to get the injury bug eventually. If he stays healthy for the next 10 years, then he would easily take it.

Newton is so much better than Dalton and Ponder its not even funny
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
lol Newton already proved he is the best out of this draft class and Kaepernick has 58%

Yep, and Kaepernick is in a fight with a 5th rounder and an undrafted quarterback for a back-up roll under Alex Smith.
[ Edited by vermonator on Jul 24, 2012 at 8:58 AM ]
typical webzone homerism lol. i voted for cam