LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 233 users in the forums

Why I don't like the pick...

I don't like this pick not b/c I don't like Aldon Smith... I don't like the pick b/c ONCE again we could have traded back and got him. Why not tell the Falcons we'll take this years 1st, 2nd and 4th and next years 1st. Let them keep the 4th for next year... Our front 7 was our strongest part of the team. Every DECENT qb we played last year torched us, including rookie Sam Bradford. I would have rather had Prince or Jimmy Smith. I also would have rather had Quinn, Fairly or Watt. The reason is i'm tired of taking a player who's played a position for his whole life, changing it and expecting him to come in and make an impact. He has to learn a whole new position now which means it will be 1-2 years before he starts to actually play football from instincts and not trying to think. If you draft a player in the top 15 he should not only start from day 1 but he should be an impact player. I don't see that happening until a few years and by that time we'll be pissed he hasn't panned out and he'll be gone. Personally, I think Aldon Smith is going to be a good player I just think we could have handled drafting him much better, this is the 2nd year we jumped for a player I think only we wanted....... With that being said, if we sign Nnadami and get a vetern QB... obviously everything changes!!!
wow giant word block tldnr
Didn't Baalke say there were no trade offers? Why does everyone keep saying we could have traded back?
didn't read, lol.
Originally posted by joeymac49s:
I don't like this pick not b/c I don't like Aldon Smith... I don't like the pick b/c ONCE again we could have traded back and got him. Why not tell the Falcons we'll take this years 1st, 2nd and 4th and next years 1st. Let them keep the 4th for next year... Our front 7 was our strongest part of the team. Every DECENT qb we played last year torched us, including rookie Sam Bradford. I would have rather had Prince or Jimmy Smith. I also would have rather had Quinn, Fairly or Watt. The reason is i'm tired of taking a player who's played a position for his whole life, changing it and expecting him to come in and make an impact. He has to learn a whole new position now which means it will be 1-2 years before he starts to actually play football from instincts and not trying to think. If you draft a player in the top 15 he should not only start from day 1 but he should be an impact player. I don't see that happening until a few years and by that time we'll be pissed he hasn't panned out and he'll be gone. Personally, I think Aldon Smith is going to be a good player I just think we could have handled drafting him much better, this is the 2nd year we jumped for a player I think only we wanted....... With that being said, if we sign Nnadami and get a vetern QB... obviously everything changes!!!

Can we please stop with this insanity. TRADED BACK...WITH WHO? Nobody wanted to trade up, period, what the hell do you people not get about this?

Also, there's no way they were trading back and still picking Smith. He was good as gone at #11, so what were you planning on, the 49ers trading with the Titans? The Cowboys? The Redskins? Stop being so goofy.
Cool story, bro.

Our front seven would be considered the strongest part of our squad if you don't count pass rushers.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
didn't read, lol.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Didn't Baalke say there were no trade offers? Why does everyone keep saying we could have traded back?

Because too many people here play Madden football Franchise Mode.............set to easy.

"oh yah, I feel like trading up dontcha know, I'll trade away a couple 6th rounders for dees guyz 1st rounders, I'm a brilliant GM, they should let me run this s**t in real life."
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Cool story, bro.

Our front seven would be considered the strongest part of our squad if you don't count pass rushers.

LOL, if the purpose of the front seven was to do everything BUT pressure the QB, 49ers would have the most bomb-diggity defense in the NFL.

One word

WINGSPAN
Share 49ersWebzone