LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

Time to reset (round 2 and beyond)

• World
  • Veteran
So round 1 is in the books. Pick 45 is on the way. Given who the Niners took in Round 1, and who is left on the board, who would you like to see them take in Round 2?

Personally I'd like to see either Ras-I Dowling or Dalton/Stanzi. My personal preference would be Stanzi, but if they think they can wait on him now that the rush is pretty much over on QB's and steal Dowling first, I'm all for it. I just hate to gamble too much, get too greedy, and lose out on the QB that Harbaugh wants. There is enough depth at CB this year, that I think they should take the QB this round and there will likely be a good CB waiting for them in Round 3. (Davon House, Aaron Williams, Chimde Chekwa, Ras-I Dowling are all still on the board at this point).

I also would not be shocked to see them go after another pass rusher, though maybe not in round 2. But if a guy like Brooks Reed, or even better, Justin Houston, were to still be available in Round 3, I could see them going that way again.

In the later rounds with all of those extra picks, I could see going for a NT like Fua/Powe, a WR like Kris Durham/Ricardo Lockette/Greg Little, and another CB like Chris Culliver/Byron Maxwell, a RB like Taiwan Jones, and finally another QB like Adam Froman or Greg McElroy.
I'm not going to read this
Originally posted by aman49:

You should, considering World is one of the old Vets who made this site great. Although he lost his Vet status from inactivity, he has some great insights...

He's asking who you want next.....in the second I'd say Dalton is the only QB I'd consider. Others to consider Aaron Williams, Ras-I Dowling, Paea, Allen Bailey, Hankerson, Greg Little............of those I'd take Aaron Williams or Dalton.
Here's my wish list.

Dalton or Stanzi
CB
Quick/small RB
Tall WRs
DL depth
Besides Da'Quan Bowers, Houston is going to have the biggest free fall out of the top 100, which may work in the Niners favor.

Very good ideas on taking care of all the rest of our needs. QB should be the priority tomorrow. If the Niners don't move up from 45, Stanzi and Kaepernick will most likely still be there. I still think Harbaugh has his sights set on Dalton, but they will have to move up ahead of Cincinnati IMO to get him.

After that, CB and DL to start off day 3.
aaron williams
A CB would be nice.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Here's my wish list.

Dalton or Stanzi
CB
Quick/small RB
Tall WRs
DL depth

this
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Stanzi and a tall CB

• KID9R
  • Veteran
Greg Little, Stanzi , Mallett, Dowling and Kendrick Ellis should be the Targets
Nice list...

Dalton
Stanzi
Aaron Williams
Ras-I Dowling
Fua
Powe
Kris Durham
Ricardo Lockette - really like this guy
Greg Little - really like this guy
Taiwan Jones
Greg McElroy
Vincent Brown
Stanford guys - Marecic, Keiser, Sherman, Fua

I say stand put or trade down... lots of good guys left at 45 for starters... We will see with 76.
Originally posted by KID9R:
Greg Little, Stanzi , Mallett, Dowling and Kendrick Ellis should be the Targets

i keep forgetting about Greg Little. If somehow our 3 1st picks 2morrow are Dalton or Stanzi plus a CB and Greg Little i would be a very very happy man
Originally posted by kidash:
Originally posted by aman49:

You should, considering World is one of the old Vets who made this site great. Although he lost his Vet status from inactivity, he has some great insights...

Oh ok, I thought he was one of them there normal noobs. I'll read
  • dj43
Originally posted by World:
So round 1 is in the books. Pick 45 is on the way. Given who the Niners took in Round 1, and who is left on the board, who would you like to see them take in Round 2?

Personally I'd like to see either Ras-I Dowling or Dalton/Stanzi. My personal preference would be Stanzi, but if they think they can wait on him now that the rush is pretty much over on QB's and steal Dowling first, I'm all for it. I just hate to gamble too much, get too greedy, and lose out on the QB that Harbaugh wants. There is enough depth at CB this year, that I think they should take the QB this round and there will likely be a good CB waiting for them in Round 3. (Davon House, Aaron Williams, Chimde Chekwa, Ras-I Dowling are all still on the board at this point).

I also would not be shocked to see them go after another pass rusher, though maybe not in round 2. But if a guy like Brooks Reed, or even better, Justin Houston, were to still be available in Round 3, I could see them going that way again.

In the later rounds with all of those extra picks, I could see going for a NT like Fua/Powe, a WR like Kris Durham/Ricardo Lockette/Greg Little, and another CB like Chris Culliver/Byron Maxwell, a RB like Taiwan Jones, and finally another QB like Adam Froman or Greg McElroy.
I have this feeling that Harbaugh is not all that interested in any of the QBs this year. Sure, he may pick one but my take on Harbaugh is that he recognizes how poorly this team has been coached and is more likely to give Alex Smith, and other players a chance to get the proper coaching they have never had rather than draft a guy to replace them and toss them on the junk heap.

I agree that Baalke may grab yet another pass rusher before tomorrow night is through is there is value there. This team will be much better with two solid pass rushers than a "just because" QB.
Share 49ersWebzone