LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 202 users in the forums

What do you love most about the draft?

• FL9er
  • Veteran
3 Things:

The reaches. I find it funny how Mel Kiper, etc. argue over where a player should be projected. Everyone's draft board is different. As Mike Lombardi, who's annoying references to Bill Walsh can't be overstated, "It doesn't matter where they are picked. What matters is how they play."

The reaches themselves are pretty funny. When I read that Andy Dalton could go as high as 8 to TEN (not a chance in hell), I laughed so hard, I got into trouble at work.

The fans' reactions. I tape the draft when I can (I have '02, '03, '06, '07, '10) recorded and what makes me laugh is the fans overreactions. Back in '03, with the Minnesota letting the clock run out and ending up with an All-Pro DT in Kevin Williams, what was memorable was the douchebag Viking fans in their Randy Moss jerseys rioting after the choice was announced.

The drafters (HC, GM) that actually call out those that question their decisions. Remember when Mel Kiper killed Indianapolis for passing on Trent Dilfer and Bill Tobin called him on it during an interview with Chris Mortensen who was scared spitless?
by this time in the off season, we're all dying for ANYTHING football related. So that's the best part for me. Seeing who we draft then doing research on them.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I love how almost every draft pick is talked up about. They always find the positives even with the crappiest players.
Seeing where each player goes.
I still wish we had kept Leroy Vann. or whatever his name was.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

why
Originally posted by susweel:

why

best return man evar.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by susweel:

why

best return man evar.

In college but no other NFL team picked him up.
Two things come to mind:

1) When 49ers draft players, I watch their reaction closely from the telephone conversation to when they're on stage. I want to see if they're genuinely excited or emotionally overwhelmed (like V. Davis) when they get that call.

2) DVR - I can record it, forward all the BS in-between as well as bypass commercials and get to the good parts quickly.
Tomorrow's just the 1st round, right?

Tomorrow's just the 1st round, right?

Yes

Rd. 1: Thurs., April 28, 8 p.m. ET
Rds. 2-3: Fri., April 29, 6 p.m. ET
Rds. 4-7: Sat., April 30, 12 ET
I love how this is the one time of year that we as 49ers fans get to be optimistic. This is before the crushing reality of the regular season kicks in.
the hot b***hes
1. Seeing where all these college prospects land.

2. Getting together with some friends and relaxing while watching it.
Originally posted by bzborow1:
I love how this is the one time of year that we as 49ers fans get to be optimistic. This is before the crushing reality of the regular season kicks in.

I was actually hoping that the misery of reading thousands of pessimistic rants would cease with a new head coach.
Share 49ersWebzone