LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

MadDog's Final 254 Draft Board

Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Hmmm...nice job of having aldon smith listed as #11. Very astute of you. As for the "pickers", there sure were some phenomenal QB reaches, actually desperation picks. I had hoped we would have had a shot at Lockyer, but watching this draft has been fascinating. My guess? Harbaugh will get his Qb in late rds, but he really feels that because of our past incredibly poor coaching, this team is really a lot better than it has shown. I also think he is capable of up-coaching alex, and having seen Harbaugh's college performance, he may be right. After being neutral on alex for 4+ yrs, I finally thru in the towel...but maybe Harbaugh thinks there actually is something there. Whatever, i will be glued to radio and tv to see how aldon does. The reach "thing" is kinda exciting, with arms that could really be put to good use. Unfortunately i watched mizzou's O a lot more than their D, so I really am in the dark on Aldon. If he turns out to be a great pick, we DO have a for real GM and HC. Man , I hope so.

I know it would give fans a massive heartburn attack, but the Niners are probably best suited to bypass selecting a QB with their first three picks, drop one of their fourth rounders on a QB who is a project, and try to sign A. Smith for at least this year. Smith is more than likely going to play at a much higher level than any rookie this year, and with some coaching stability, could become a much better performer in the future. I think his best play is ahead, whether on this roster or another.

I guess I fall into the "let's let things settle this year" camp.
I think your Alex analysis is spot on...and yes, it will create some heartburn, but I just don't see them spending a 2nd/3rd round draft pick on a trade or a QB. I just don't see the relative value.

In a safe environment, Alex Smith will be a safe QB for us. Hell, he may even get into the range of a consistent 24 TD to 12 INT QB.

We should go with closing all other holes in the offense that's not a QB and defense with our first 3 or 4 picks.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Hmmm...nice job of having aldon smith listed as #11. Very astute of you. As for the "pickers", there sure were some phenomenal QB reaches, actually desperation picks. I had hoped we would have had a shot at Lockyer, but watching this draft has been fascinating. My guess? Harbaugh will get his Qb in late rds, but he really feels that because of our past incredibly poor coaching, this team is really a lot better than it has shown. I also think he is capable of up-coaching alex, and having seen Harbaugh's college performance, he may be right. After being neutral on alex for 4+ yrs, I finally thru in the towel...but maybe Harbaugh thinks there actually is something there. Whatever, i will be glued to radio and tv to see how aldon does. The reach "thing" is kinda exciting, with arms that could really be put to good use. Unfortunately i watched mizzou's O a lot more than their D, so I really am in the dark on Aldon. If he turns out to be a great pick, we DO have a for real GM and HC. Man , I hope so.

I know it would give fans a massive heartburn attack, but the Niners are probably best suited to bypass selecting a QB with their first three picks, drop one of their fourth rounders on a QB who is a project, and try to sign A. Smith for at least this year. Smith is more than likely going to play at a much higher level than any rookie this year, and with some coaching stability, could become a much better performer in the future. I think his best play is ahead, whether on this roster or another.

I think your Alex analysis is spot on...and yes, it will create some heartburn, but I just don't see them spending a 2nd/3rd round draft pick on a trade or a QB. I just don't see the relative value.

In a safe environment, Alex Smith will be a safe QB for us. Hell, he may even get into the range of a consistent 24 TD to 12 INT QB.

We should go with closing all other holes in the offense that's not a QB and defense with our first 3 or 4 picks.

/agree

Please tell another joke.. I needed a good laugh..
Originally posted by fakers23:

Alex is at the facility.... oh wait..you said a joke.
Originally posted by Jakemall:

24 TD and 12 picks? That is seriously funny...

Why did the chicken cross the road? To get to the Oakland Raiders forum so it wouldn't have to deal with so much talk about players named A. Smith!
  • dj43

The key is the point that MD made above; none of the available picks are going to play as well in their first year as Alex Smith will under Harbaugh. Also the fact that the value of the remaining QBs has been so GROSSLY inflated means that we would be drafting a QB for need while ignoring much better values at positions that are arguably just as important.

4th round project QB, Alex for one more year, in the meantime, get the CB, NT, FS and additional pass rusher for the defense.
Originally posted by Jakemall:

24 TD and 12 picks? That is seriously funny...

Well, in an incredibly sloppy year in terms of coaching, he had 14TD to 10 INTs. He's not a QB who can take the "horse by the reigns" but he is a guaranteed middle of the pack QB. That's all we can ask for while developing a youngster we draft in the later rounds.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Did Chris Prosinski's pro day get him drafted?

He's going to be a solid special teams player, hopefully he can turn into a starter in the league.
Thoughts on Kap MadDog? Certainly a developmental QB to sit behind Alex for a year, with tons of upside...

Culliver right on 80.
  • bret
  • Veteran
Good call on your pick #80! Who knew it would be ours?!
Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:
Culliver right on 80.

nice md
Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:
Culliver right on 80.

Wow, MD nailed it!
  • RedAu
  • Veteran
Are we using MDs Big Board to draft? Who needs a scouting department when they can get it for free (for now) right here. BTW kudos MD, hope your right on the picks .
Share 49ersWebzone