LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

It's gonna be...

Agree with most on here. Its Prince.
Originally posted by jimbagg:
Just a hunch, but, for the Niners first pick (at Overall #7 or involving a trade), I smell Jake Locker.

Incredible leadership skills, athleticism, toughness, and performance without a good surrounding team,. Locker has the "it" that Harbaugh is looking for.

Harbaugh has enough self-confidence that he believes that he can develop Locker's pocket presence and the accuracy that goes with it. Harbaugh has seen and prepared for Locker for 4 yerrs in the Pac 10. He knows Locker's strengths, like few other NFL decision-makers, and is confident that he (Harbaugh) can correct Locker's perceived weaknesses.

In the late rounds, also look for them to pick up Tyrod Taylor of Va Tech.

Sorry, but even Bill Walsh was mortal. While Harbaugh will stablize and make our offense better and QB propects will be better. Let us not crown him a god yet. The fact that JH has seen Locker, he should know the kids weakness and if he can expose him, so can others, even with JH's help.
RobRang: Sources tell me the 49ers are split on whether to select UNC DE/OLB Robert Quinn or Nebraska cornerback Prince Amukamara.
Marcel Dareus, NT, Alabama

The 49ers are losing a key piece to their defense in NT Aubrayo Franklin. As such, it is paramount that they find an adequate replacement. The NT position is not one that requires only size. Rather, being a NT requires a strong knowledge of not only the technique of the position, but also of the game as a whole. According to Patrick Willis, Aubrayo was “the best nose in the game […] Nobody plays with better technique. Nobody knows the game better than he knows it."

Dareus might be the closest thing to a technician that this draft has to offer. According to Greg Cosell, the NFL Films Guru, “Dareus [is] athletic + physical. [He has] Quickness, speed […] deceptively explosive. Violent hands.” Rob Rang of CBS Sports notes that Darues is “Stout at the point of attack. Plays with good leverage and can anchor to create a pile. Cognizant defender who works hard to keep containment […] Won't shed the block until he reads where the ballcarrier is going.”

In short, Dareus is a Vince Wilfork/BJ Raji-type difference maker. Not only can he anchor the line, but he can also push the pocket. Though he may not be the speed rusher that most agree the 49ers need, he can be a type of player who creates opportunities for others. If he is on the board, the selection is a no-brainer.
Scott
Just a hunch, but, for the Niners first pick (at Overall #7 or involving a trade), I smell Jake Locker.

Incredible leadership skills, athleticism, toughness, and performance without a good surrounding team,. Locker has the "it" that Harbaugh is looking for.

Harbaugh has enough self-confidence that he believes that he can develop Locker's pocket presence and the accuracy that goes with it. Harbaugh has seen and prepared for Locker for 4 yerrs in the Pac 10. He knows Locker's strengths, like few other NFL decision-makers, and is confident that he (Harbaugh) can correct Locker's perceived weaknesses.

i agree. being a Cougar i have a tough time rooting for a huskie, but the kid can play. that UW team was just awful. I have a feeling JH can get the most out of Locker.
Originally posted by Sinsation:

i agree. being a Cougar i have a tough time rooting for a huskie, but the kid can play. that UW team was just awful. I have a feeling JH can get the most out of Locker.

Being a Cougar you should know that Jeff Tuel outplayed Locker in the Apple Cup. Let's draft Tuel instead

[ Edited by DaveWilcox on Apr 26, 2011 at 15:30:11 ]
If peterson is gone then I feel it's a no brainer we take prince and the only qb we should be looking at is stanzi he's the most accurate and makes good decisions he's the most under rated qb coming out and should be ahead of alot of these qbs
MALLETT
Originally posted by PTulini:
RobRang: Sources tell me the 49ers are split on whether to select UNC DE/OLB Robert Quinn or Nebraska cornerback Prince Amukamara.

If we like them both equally, then I think pass rush should always come first. Good defenses ALWAYS have a great pass rush, but not always great corners. Think of the Giants defense when they stole a Super Bowl a few years back with their pass rush.
If we like Quinn, we should get him, assuming we can't trade down.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Just hopefully the Cowboys don't take Prince first.

That's what I'm saying. Everyone talks about Dallas and an OT, but I doubt JJ would pass up Prince.

Originally posted by CRABTREE:
MALLETT

really?
Share 49ersWebzone