LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

Andrew Luck's True Colors in 2011

• irief
  • Veteran
Everyone's already anointing Luck as #1 pick for 2012 draft and assuming he will shine as bright next season. I'm not so sure. It's obvious that Harbaugh is a genius at coaching QB's up and placing them in situations to look good. I'm real interested in seeing how much of his success was attributed to the presence of Harbaugh and Roman, and how much of last years success he can carry over without them.

I'm not saying he's gonna crash and burn, but I think many have taken this question for granted. We may have a shot at him next year depending on the answer to this question.
Well hopefully he pulls a bradford and blows his shoulder! He will still be the first pick in the draft that way!
i'm sure he'll be fine
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
i'm sure he'll be fine
he'll still be a beast
Don't be to sure last year jake locker was gonna be #1 but he stayed in, played hurt and now who knows where he goes
I expect him to sruggle and have a poor year. He's still a top five pick though.
  • irief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by strickac:
I expect him to sruggle and have a poor year. He's still a top five pick though.

I think its realistic that he struggles a bit, but still remains a first rounder. Look at Lienart, Quinn, Locker and so on. They didn't have to deal with an entire coaching staff change that included a QB guru. Another possibility is that someone else comes along and just lights it up next year. Not just Barkley, but some other one year wonder.

Odds maybe against Luck to be #1 overall.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
He'll be just fine. When it's all said and done, he'll go #1 overall. He's the real deal.
Originally posted by Fricker:
Don't be to sure last year jake locker was gonna be #1 but he stayed in, played hurt and now who knows where he goes

Remember:
1. Matt Leinart
2. Jevan Snead
3. Colt McCoy

etc.

-9fA

It will be b/c the team is losing a lot of there good players not b/c coach is gone.
Share 49ersWebzone