LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 217 users in the forums

The "What if? Draft Thread

Originally posted by Jcool:
That is way to high for a project like Locker... He probably needs to sit as long as Rodgers did in GB. At #7 the most he could sit for is one year and that is probably not enough time.

I would assume that Harbs is still going to get a vet to manage things until the draft pick can step in. We talk so confidently about Harbaugh developing any QB but then get worked up if it might be Locker or Newton. I have my favorites as well but i just decided to take myself out of the QB hunt. I want whoever they want.

If the rookie QB sits for a year and we draft good defense than we can be pretty good next year. the Qb doesn't have to play amazing, just smart. Big Ben was so so his first year. Great D and a Run Game allowed him to develop. Harbaugh and Baelke are smart! I would rather be proactive in the draft and get some of the guys we want than reactive and just wait to see what comes to us.
what if niners want to draft andy dalton with their 2nd round pick, but when he gets up to read the pick, dwight clark says the niners are taking Ricky Stanzi
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hofer36:
what if niners want to draft andy dalton with their 2nd round pick, but when he gets up to read the pick, dwight clark says the niners are taking Ricky Stanzi

Patrick Willis will blow Dwight up on the fuggin' spot Brad Smith style!

lol interesting scenario.

That actually brings me to a question. The actual announcement on the stage likely isn't the official drafting of the player, right? I mean, the drafting team probably has to submit some official paperwork before the clock expires, correct?

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

lol interesting scenario.

That actually brings me to a question. The actual announcement on the stage likely isn't the official drafting of the player, right? I mean, the drafting team probably has to submit some official paperwork before the clock expires, correct?

-9fA

Each team has a table with two guys. One guy must answer the phone and the other must take the card to the right person. So after the phone call from the team's war room the player must take a card with the person's name on it and give it to someone who takes it up to whoever is announcing. Not sure about the paper work, think the card is it. Semi off topic but if we trade our 2nd round pick other retired players of teams that don't have a 2nd will do the team's 3rd rounder so that's what I assume Dwight would do. As for him saying someone else not going to happen. There job is to read the card and I think it's a great idea. Will be cool to see some of those guys again especially Sanders.
Originally posted by Chief:
What if the 49ers surprise everyone and pick Jake Locker with the 7th pick?

Highly doubtful though. Harbaugh hates Locker. Just my opinion of course, but he didn't even give Locker a sniff this offseason and Jake was horrible every time they played Stanford.

If Harbaugh takes any QB at #7 I'm real good with this. Because, that means he got the guy he really wants and at this moment, he has all my faith. Trading back means he wants his guy for the right value. I think given the lockout and all draftniks ranks the top QBs differently, I see a run on QBs sometime that could start as early as mid first round (run - meaning picked higher than their value would normally dictate).

I would stab myself 49 times!

MAYAN STYLE

[ Edited by ninertico on Apr 26, 2011 at 10:09:18 ]
What if we drafted Prince, and as he's walking to the podium to hold up his jersey, he trips and falls, and the result is a torn ACL?
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
What if we drafted Prince, and as he's walking to the podium to hold up his jersey, he trips and falls, and the result is a torn ACL?

then ric flair comes on stage...and starts putting on a figure 4 onto prince!

Originally posted by TlSSER:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

then ric flair comes on stage...and starts putting on a figure 4 onto prince!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
then my tv would be broken

A lot of people said this if we pulled off the Crabtree pick. How'd that go?
What if we have the foresight to realise that next season might pretty we be toast and rookies draft on Thursday might suffer the most. After coming to the quite possible realisation we plan for the 2012 season and stockpile picks for next years draft.
  • buhda
  • Veteran
What if ....Dareus-Carolina
Peterson-Denver
Newton-Bufalo
?-Cincy Would you make a move for Miller?
What if they have Brooklyn Decker handing the draftees thier jerseys while she is wearing a 49ers jersey and when we take Peterson at #7 she takes hers off and puts it on him and she is butt ass nekkid underneath and starts grinding up on Roger Goodell making him all red in the face on National TV?
Share 49ersWebzone