LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 292 users in the forums

What if the 49ers draft a QB other than Gabbert/Newton at #7?

What if the 49ers draft a QB other than Gabbert/Newton at #7?

• fryet
  • Veteran
Let's say the 49ers turn in their card at #7 and the name is something like Dalton or Ponder (insert your favorite QB here). Mock drafts would suggest that they have overdrafted the player, but on the other hand, they got the QB that they wanted and don't have to take the best of the rest when they draft at #45, or trade up at the end of the first.
[ Edited by fryet on Apr 25, 2011 at 1:57 PM ]
Id be pissed, i dont think we should draft any QB at 7
[ Edited by valrod33 on Apr 25, 2011 at 1:56 PM ]
If we're picking Dalton or Ponder (for example) at #7, that means that Jim really believes in the guy and either feels he better secure him now or knows that it's unlikely that they'll be able to trade up from #45 to get the guy. So I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt there and see how the player performs.
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:

it's gonna be a s**tty draft for us, if gabbert, newton, peterson, miller, and quinn are gone by the time we draft.
Hahahahahahha-All hell is gonna break loose on this forum-
Harbaugh knows best
it would be a horrible reach.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Harbaugh knows best

This is a type comment that was used with Nolan and Sing when they were 1st hired too.
Originally posted by Otter:
Originally posted by valrod33:

it's gonna be a s**tty draft for us, if gabbert, newton, peterson, miller, and quinn are gone by the time we draft.

That means that two of Marcel Dareus, AJ Green or Prince Amukamara are there though so it might not be so bad.
MALLETT!

Not gonna happen... And if it did, i'll punch my tv then take it out on my dog.
[ Edited by DaDivaRecieva15 on Apr 25, 2011 at 4:26 PM ]
Pat Devlin would be a steal at #7
Share 49ersWebzone