There are 235 users in the forums

Why will there be a potential run on QBs this year?

It's been said that there could be 5-7 QBs taken within the first two rounds of the draft.

Why is that though? I realize every draft has the talent distributed differently across positions, but with the uncertainty of the offseason, I thought teams wanted to AVOID getting a rookie QB and try to get an impact player (like RB or CB)?

Thoughts?
Because of the CBA teams that need a QB have to address it in this draft, that is the reason why there may be a run on QBs
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Because of the CBA teams that need a QB have to address it in this draft, that is the reason why there may be a run on QBs

This.

lock thread.
I think there are more QB needy teams than in the past, there are fewer sufficient "journeymen" QB's in the NFL. It seems like your QB is either good, or bad and there are a lot of teams with a bad QB.
Originally posted by Otter:
Originally posted by valrod33:

This.

lock thread.

Why? I agree. There is going to be a FA period at some point and players are going to be able to be traded. I would rather have arson Palmer coming in a day late than some spread rookie QB who just got his playbook yesterday.
Share 49ersWebzone