There are 195 users in the forums

Time of niners pick

Originally posted by juycho:
Originally posted by D-Money:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
As for times:

* First round: Thursday, April 28, 7:00 p.m. CT

Pre coverage starts at noon ct on NFLN and 3:30 CT on ESPN

* Second-third round: Friday, April 29, 5:00 p.m. CT (for 2 hours on ESPN then switches to ESPN 2)

Pre coverage on ESPN starts at 3:30 and NFLN at Noon CT

* Fourth-seventh round: Saturday, April 30, 11:00 a.m. CT (pre coverage starts at 9 on nfln and espn)

Would guess the coverage begins a half an hour to hour before each day.

Think the times might be different this year though. I want to say it was 6:30, 5:00 and 9:00 or 10:00 CT.

Why would you use central time?? Just confused the hell out of me.
I would prefer Eastern time.

Mountain Time me.
Originally posted by DertyDonahue:

I don't remember, but did the Niners use the entire time to select Axle Sniff?

Me either but I want to say we used most of it.

Im pretty sure we used most of it but the sucky part was that we had the first pick and they barely talked about us. we selected Alex and then we just went away.
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Originally posted by DertyDonahue:

I don't remember, but did the Niners use the entire time to select Axle Sniff?

Me either but I want to say we used most of it.

Im pretty sure we used most of it but the sucky part was that we had the first pick and they barely talked about us. we selected Alex and then we just went away.

Oh yeah, now I remember that. That was harsh! I was living in North Dakota, too excited at getting to hear *something* about the Niners and then poof, on to the next team. We must have surprised the producers with that selection.
I work evenings, so i was pissed when the nfl switched to prime time for the draft. It was perfectly fine in the morning!

Now i have take the pocket radio and find a place where the reception comes at work. Im hoping we pick around 6 when im on lunch. Then ill just drive home and watch.
Originally posted by juycho:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
its the friggin nfl darft! ya gotta watch the whole thang!

It gonna go out in a bang!

I know this girl i wanna smang!
the later the better for me. I won't be home till 5-something.
Given the new format, I think we might see more trading (and the lockout's impact). Teams I think often don't make trades because on the clock you don't have much time (before 2nd round comes up) to think and ponder the possibilities. Given day one is only the first round, teams will have more sophisticated strategies and time to think. I believe all will use there allotted time (at least the top ten). Dumb not too. Pull the trigger to quick and you lose out on a wonderful offer of a team trading up?
Share 49ersWebzone