LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 207 users in the forums

Time of niners pick

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by susweel:
I hate it when the 1st team takes the entire time to pick. Its like muther f**kers you guys have had all off season to make a decision and your still gonna take the entire 10 or 15 minutes.

maybe they're fielding trade calls genius

ah maybe they have all off season to field trade calls...........genius
I hate it when the 1st team takes the entire time to pick. Its like muther f**kers you guys have had all off season to make a decision and your still gonna take the entire 10 or 15 minutes.

maybe they're fielding trade calls genius

ah maybe they have all off season to field trade calls...........genius

Originally posted by Gore_21:

So you don't want anyone to make a trade? There is also strategy involved. Seriously, the draft is only 3 days out of the year and it's like Christmas morning to most so why not enjoy the whole thing or at least what you can? You want them to go one after another and for it to be over in an hour?

Im talking about the top pick, they already had all off season to take trades about it.

It used to annoy me when they took the entire time but now I think that it is their 10 minutes of fame, where everyone is wondering what they will do to get back on the map. For those 10 minutes people are actually talking about them again. Once the 10 minutes are over it's back to being irrelevant until they win again.
Originally posted by jacklegniner:

So you don't want anyone to make a trade? There is also strategy involved. Seriously, the draft is only 3 days out of the year and it's like Christmas morning to most so why not enjoy the whole thing or at least what you can? You want them to go one after another and for it to be over in an hour?

Im talking about the top pick, they already had all off season to take trades about it.

It used to annoy me when they took the entire time but now I think that it is their 10 minutes of fame, where everyone is wondering what they will do to get back on the map. For those 10 minutes people are actually talking about them again. Once the 10 minutes are over it's back to being irrelevant until they win again.

I don't remember, but did the Niners use the entire time to select Axle Sniff?
Originally posted by DertyDonahue:

Me either but I want to say we used most of it.
Originally posted by DertyDonahue:

Me either but I want to say we used most of it.

I remember being bummed about not taking the guy from Cal mostly.
As for times:

* First round: Thursday, April 28, 7:00 p.m. CT

Pre coverage starts at noon ct on NFLN and 3:30 CT on ESPN

* Second-third round: Friday, April 29, 5:00 p.m. CT (for 2 hours on ESPN then switches to ESPN 2)

Pre coverage on ESPN starts at 3:30 and NFLN at Noon CT

* Fourth-seventh round: Saturday, April 30, 11:00 a.m. CT (pre coverage starts at 9 on nfln and espn)

Would guess the coverage begins a half an hour to hour before each day.

Think the times might be different this year though. I want to say it was 6:30, 5:00 and 9:00 or 10:00 CT.

Why would you use central time?? Just confused the hell out of me.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by D-Money:
As for times:

* Second-third round: Friday, April 29, 5:00 p.m. CT (for 2 hours on ESPN then switches to ESPN 2)

* Fourth-seventh round: Saturday, April 30, 11:00 a.m. CT (pre coverage starts at 9 on nfln and espn)

Think the times might be different this year though. I want to say it was 6:30, 5:00 and 9:00 or 10:00 CT.

5pm PT
Originally posted by D-Money:
As for times:

I would prefer Eastern time.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
I would tune in at 5:45PT for the 49ers to be on the clock. 6 teams before us, gotta figure they will use at least an average of 7-8 minutes of the 10 minutes allowed. Then again if we trade up you could miss it

Lol, I would figure most people can make the adjustments. Add 1 hour to CT for Eastern. Minus 1 hour for mountain time and 2 hours for Pacific time.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
I would tune in at 5:45PT for the 49ers to be on the clock. 6 teams before us, gotta figure they will use at least an average of 7-8 minutes of the 10 minutes allowed. Then again if we trade up you could miss it

Then again if we trade down it could be a long night. Either way it will be a popcorn worthy event to put the kids to bed early for.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by juycho:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

Then again if we trade down it could be a long night. Either way it will be a popcorn worthy event to put the kids to bed early for.

Yup
its the friggin nfl darft! ya gotta watch the whole thang!
its the friggin nfl darft! ya gotta watch the whole thang!

It gonna go out in a bang!
Share 49ersWebzone