LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 230 users in the forums

Why doesnt anyone want to take a QB at #7?

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by susweel:
Because none of the QBs are really worth that high of a pick. The defensive talent is greater then any QB on the board at that spot.
if gabberts there they will pick him
Originally posted by Snider8706:

Agreed.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Agreed.

Disagree
Harbaugh should be able to get more out of the offense then what we have on Defense.

#7 pick = Defense
Because none of the QBs are really worth that high of a pick. The defensive talent is greater then any QB on the board at that spot.

This, and I have a lot of confidence that Harbaugh can find a winner later in the draft.
Originally posted by valrod33:

Agreed.

Disagree

Disagree with your disagreement.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Agreed.

Disagree

I agree with your disagreement, Gabbert is very over rated and will get over drafted.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Originally posted by ghostrider:
I'd be OK with Gabbert but not with Newton. I see him as too risky, IMO. I'm still hoping for Ponder.

If this is Harbaugh's call, I agree on Gabbert at #7. Apparently, Harbaugh tried to recruit Gabbert at one point, so he is a distinct possibility.

If not Gabbert, it has to be Ponder or Dalton in the late first after trading back into the first with Da Bears at # 29.

I agree. I'll be happy as long as we come away from this draft with either Gabbert, Ponder, or Dalton. We need something to hang our hat on at that position and I don't like the other options.

Agreed.

Disagree

Disagree with your disagreement.

I disagree with your disagreement of my disagreement

Originally posted by ghostrider:
I'd be OK with Gabbert but not with Newton. I see him as too risky, IMO. I'm still hoping for Ponder.

Really i think gabbert will be a bust, he doesn't convert 3rd downs... They said vince young won't be able to run around like he did in college, well actually thats all he can do in the nfl now throwing is a different story. I think newton will be effective with his legs in the nfl question is will he ever become a good passer!
Originally posted by theninermaniac:

So it's draft day and Harbaugh and Baalke are in the war room. Harbaugh says he loves __________ QB and could really envision him running his offense. He likes his skills and intangibles, and he has outstanding potential to be a great NFL Qb. We draft that QB because this is what we hired Harbaugh for. New regimes = New QB.

This is a QB driven league. CBs and OLBs dont have the impact of a QB. I agree that there will be some really talented defensive players on the board at 7. But it would certainly be worth it to draft a QB that Harbaugh wants to run his offense.

But what QB do you think Harbaugh would say that about in the draft ??

Andy Dalton was a total winner in college, is extremely intelligent, and ran a complicated offense that lit up people. While his arm strength downfield isnt superior, his decision making and ability/willingness to pull the trigger in tight spots makes me think he could be a QB that Harbaugh would covet for his WCO.
There's only 4 QBs that I feel are worth developing: Gabbert, Kaepernick, Ponder, & Dalton.

Pass on Newton and Mallet

I'm still on the fence with Locker.

So it's draft day and Harbaugh and Baalke are in the war room. Harbaugh says he loves __________ QB and could really envision him running his offense. He likes his skills and intangibles, and he has outstanding potential to be a great NFL Qb. We draft that QB because this is what we hired Harbaugh for. New regimes = New QB.

This is a QB driven league. CBs and OLBs dont have the impact of a QB. I agree that there will be some really talented defensive players on the board at 7. But it would certainly be worth it to draft a QB that Harbaugh wants to run his offense.

But what QB do you think Harbaugh would say that about in the draft ??

Andy Dalton was a total winner in college, is extremely intelligent, and ran a complicated offense that lit up people. While his arm strength downfield isnt superior, his decision making and ability/willingness to pull the trigger in tight spots makes me think he could be a QB that Harbaugh would covet for his WCO.

You would draft Dalton at 7?
Cleary, if Gabbert is there and the 49ers think he's a guy who can win championships in the future, then they will grab him.

It's not the case of, hey why don't they take a QB at 7, it's more the fact that the top of the board might have players who are needs at other positions like corner and pass rusher vs Gabbert not being there, or maybe he is there but the 49ers have deemed that he's not to the guy they want to go into the future with.
Share 49ersWebzone