LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 290 users in the forums

My Ideal 49ers Mock Draft v3.0

1st Round: CB Patrick Peterson LSU 6'0" 219
Niners doing backflips when Peterson slips back to #7. He may be the best player in the entire draft and gives them a dynamic playmaker in the secondary.

2nd Round: OLB Jabaal Sheard Pitt 6'3" 264
Sheard is an explosive athlete that has some natural pass rush skills and would give the 49ers a threat off the edge.

3rd Round: RB Taiwan Jones E Washington 5'11" 194
Vernon Davis is 49ers fastest offensive player and while that says more about Davis' speed than the lack of it at other positions, the 49ers need another dyanmic homerun threat in their aresenal. Jones is that.

4th Round: CB Rashad Carmichael Va Tech 5'10" 191
Carmichael is a quick, explosive athlete that can stay with most WRs. I expect him to compete for a nickel back job from day 1 and eventually develop into an excellent starting #2 CB.

4th Round: QB Greg McElroy Alabama 6'1" 220
My favorite QB prospect in the draft: smart, athletic (enough), super quick release, excellent pocket awareness and toughness.

5th Round: FB Owen Marecic Stanford 6'1" 247
Goodbye Moran Norris

6th Round: ILB/OLB Bruce Miller C. Florida 6'1" 254
Tenacious football player that offers some pass rush skills or projects as a thumper ILB. Either way will be a special teams ace.

6th Round: NT Ian Williams Notre Dame 6'1" 319
Thickly built NT prospect that can hold at the point of attack; not flashy but gets the job done.

7th Round: WR Cecil Shorts Mount Union 5'11" 205
Explosive small school standout that has great ability with ball in his hands.

7th Round: OC/OG Taylor Boggs Humboldt St. 6'3" 303
The best OL prospect you've never heard of.

7th Round: TE Brett Brackett Penn St. 6'6" 248
Tall, athletic TE - the type that Harbaugh loves.
A little optimistic but I would really really like that draft. I think you would have to switch Bruce Miller around with McElroy to get them but I'd be really happy with that draft. Only thing is we would need some kind of vet or Alex back.
This mock would lead nicely into the Luck/Barkley sweepstakes... (for better or worse). But our defense should be set with this draft (with the exception of the NT position).

But overall, great value and great work
Originally posted by mike86:
Niners doing backflips when Peterson slips back to #7. He may be the best player in the entire draft and gives them a dynamic playmaker in the secondary.

Sheard is an explosive athlete that has some natural pass rush skills and would give the 49ers a threat off the edge.

Vernon Davis is 49ers fastest offensive player and while that says more about Davis' speed than the lack of it at other positions, the 49ers need another dyanmic homerun threat in their aresenal. Jones is that.

Carmichael is a quick, explosive athlete that can stay with most WRs. I expect him to compete for a nickel back job from day 1 and eventually develop into an excellent starting #2 CB.

My favorite QB prospect in the draft: smart, athletic (enough), super quick release, excellent pocket awareness and toughness.

Goodbye Moran Norris

Tenacious football player that offers some pass rush skills or projects as a thumper ILB. Either way will be a special teams ace.

Thickly built NT prospect that can hold at the point of attack; not flashy but gets the job done.

I like this except for, no TE and take a WR sooner than 7th round.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
A little optimistic but I would really really like that draft. I think you would have to switch Bruce Miller around with McElroy to get them but I'd be really happy with that draft. Only thing is we would need some kind of vet or Alex back.
Alex back
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Alex back
nice draft. but this would mean we would count heavily on signing a FA QB
Impressive sir! But Rashad in the 4th is a little nutty and I never even heard anything about mccleroys pro day or hear how it went.
Don't like it at all.. You have us drafting a QB in the 4th round that most likely a 7th rounder or undrafted free agent.. We need a better option then going in the season with 3 back up Qbs.. We need a QB of the future or someone we can groom.. A Ken Dorsey clone is not the answer..
[ Edited by fakers23 on Apr 24, 2011 at 11:39 AM ]
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by juycho:
Originally posted by mike86:

Goodbye Moran Norris

I like this except for, no TE and take a WR sooner than 7th round.

why do we need a TE? we have 3- 2 that could start anywhere

Share 49ersWebzone