There are 66 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

MadDog's Big 254 Board- Friday, April 22 Edition

Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by Firenze:
Why Prince over Cam Jordan and Robert Quinn? And what do you think about Stanzi? Thanks. Great job as always!!!

Prince provides a solid, reliable, mature, and talented player at a real position of need. I love Jordan, and think he could be the pick at 7, or 9. Quinn is probably best suited as a 4-3 DE, and having a year off, plus a benign brain tumor make the pick a bit risky at 7.

Not a fan at all of Stanzi. I grade him as 6th round value, but will go much higher. Just too inconsistent.

P.S. Firenze is one of the great cities of the world. I lived there a year when I was a child and hope to go back someday soon.

I agree with MadDog. Prince is the safer pick over Quinn. Having a brain tumor (benign but still there) is a huge risk, also he has been out of football for a year. Top 10 of the draft is not where you want to take a lot of risks.

I wouldn't mind it if the 49ers traded down if Peterson and Miller are both gone so they could be in position to draft Phil Taylor or Brooks Reed and still get a CB like Smith, Dowling or Burton.

I'd love to have Phil Taylor anchor this defense for the next decade. That would be a great trade down pick up.
Originally posted by miked1978:
do you have a big board that's just the player rankings and not where you project them to go?

I do have a board, and here is the top 25:
AJ Green
Marcell Dareus
Von Miller
Patrick Peterson
Blaine Gabbert
JJ Watt
Cameron Jordan
Cameron Heyward
Derek Sherrod
Phil Taylor
Prince Amukamara
Rodney Hudson
Mikel LeShoure
Ryan Williams
Corey Liuget
Stephen Paea
Andy Dalton
Robert Quinn
Ryan Kerrigan
Gabe Carimi
Julio Jones
Kendall Hunter
Cam Newton
Mike Pouncey

great, thanks. I like to compare people's big boards to others and combine them to come up with an average "rank" of every player. I must say that your board is a lot different than all most all the ones I have collected.
do you have a big board that's just the player rankings and not where you project them to go?

AJ Green
Marcell Dareus
Von Miller
Patrick Peterson
Blaine Gabbert
JJ Watt
Cameron Jordan
Cameron Heyward
Derek Sherrod
Phil Taylor
Prince Amukamara
Rodney Hudson
Mikel LeShoure
Ryan Williams
Corey Liuget
Stephen Paea
Andy Dalton
Robert Quinn
Ryan Kerrigan
Gabe Carimi
Julio Jones
Kendall Hunter
Cam Newton
Mike Pouncey

Was Bowers on here before the knee concern? I take it you dont think he is worth the risk in the first?
  • KID9R
  • Veteran

AJ Green
Marcell Dareus
Von Miller
Patrick Peterson
Blaine Gabbert
JJ Watt
Cameron Jordan
Cameron Heyward
Derek Sherrod
Phil Taylor
Prince Amukamara
Rodney Hudson
Mikel LeShoure
Ryan Williams
Corey Liuget
Stephen Paea
Andy Dalton
Robert Quinn
Ryan Kerrigan
Gabe Carimi
Julio Jones
Kendall Hunter
Cam Newton
Mike Pouncey

great, thanks. I like to compare people's big boards to others and combine them to come up with an average "rank" of every player. I must say that your board is a lot different than all most all the ones I have collected.

That's because he's not Maddog, he's
]
[ Edited by KID9R on Apr 23, 2011 at 8:52 PM ]
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

AJ Green
Marcell Dareus
Von Miller
Patrick Peterson
Blaine Gabbert
JJ Watt
Cameron Jordan
Cameron Heyward
Derek Sherrod
Phil Taylor
Prince Amukamara
Rodney Hudson
Mikel LeShoure
Ryan Williams
Corey Liuget
Stephen Paea
Andy Dalton
Robert Quinn
Ryan Kerrigan
Gabe Carimi
Julio Jones
Kendall Hunter
Cam Newton
Mike Pouncey

Was Bowers on here before the knee concern? I take it you dont think he is worth the risk in the first?

bump.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

AJ Green
Marcell Dareus
Von Miller
Patrick Peterson
Blaine Gabbert
JJ Watt
Cameron Jordan
Cameron Heyward
Derek Sherrod
Phil Taylor
Prince Amukamara
Rodney Hudson
Mikel LeShoure
Ryan Williams
Corey Liuget
Stephen Paea
Andy Dalton
Robert Quinn
Ryan Kerrigan
Gabe Carimi
Julio Jones
Kendall Hunter
Cam Newton
Mike Pouncey

Bowers was never in my top 25. I think he is really high bust potential, and really overrated, even before the knee problems surfaced. I don't think his game translates well to the next level, and see him as a tweener 4-3 DE/3-4 DE.
Why Prince over Cam Jordan and Robert Quinn? And what do you think about Stanzi? Thanks. Great job as always!!!

Prince provides a solid, reliable, mature, and talented player at a real position of need. I love Jordan, and think he could be the pick at 7, or 9. Quinn is probably best suited as a 4-3 DE, and having a year off, plus a benign brain tumor make the pick a bit risky at 7.

Not a fan at all of Stanzi. I grade him as 6th round value, but will go much higher. Just too inconsistent.

P.S. Firenze is one of the great cities of the world. I lived there a year when I was a child and hope to go back someday soon.

I agree with MadDog. Prince is the safer pick over Quinn. Having a brain tumor (benign but still there) is a huge risk, also he has been out of football for a year. Top 10 of the draft is not where you want to take a lot of risks.

I wouldn't mind it if the 49ers traded down if Peterson and Miller are both gone so they could be in position to draft Phil Taylor or Brooks Reed and still get a CB like Smith, Dowling or Burton.

I'd love to have Phil Taylor anchor this defense for the next decade. That would be a great trade down pick up.

Doesn't Taylor have some pretty serious medical concerns with his feet?
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Yeah, I heard he might fall to the second round because of it..
MadDog,

You are.....

Good Job as always!!

I think our pick comes down to Prince or Quinn, Peterson will be gone before #7.

not concerned re reports of taylor having bad feet?
i'm predicting the 9ers to draft prince. although, pat peterson is the only player i'm hoping for
Originally posted by fakers23:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Yeah, I heard he might fall to the second round because of it..

Quickly after a rumor spread that the bones in his feet were going to be a real issue in the NFL, it was pretty quickly shot down by a number of teams. He will have to deal with some discomfort, but it should not stop him from performing. Curious if the rumor was started by someone with a pick late in the first round.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
MadDog,

You are.....

Good Job as always!!

I think our pick comes down to Prince or Quinn, Peterson will be gone before #7.

The world's most interesting man. Stay thirsty, my friends!!!!
Originally posted by YungAce:
i'm predicting the 9ers to draft prince. although, pat peterson is the only player i'm hoping for

Although Peterson may be more athletic, Prince may have the better long-range future at corner. At some point, the team that selects Peterson is going to have to make the switch to safety. Just don't think he can play at 230 pounds as a corner someday. Remarkable he can play well as a guy in the 220 range.
Originally posted by YungAce:

Although Peterson may be more athletic, Prince may have the better long-range future at corner. At some point, the team that selects Peterson is going to have to make the switch to safety. Just don't think he can play at 230 pounds as a corner someday. Remarkable he can play well as a guy in the 220 range.

Does he have more potential at safety than Eric Berry had coming out last year?