LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 260 users in the forums

Our 2nd round pick

I'm not really liking the options. If we don't trade up and one of the QBs doesn't fall to us, we could be in trouble. I'd love to get Reed, Paea, or Taylor, but I think they'll all be gone.

Any thoughts? WR? Sheard?
Originally posted by jb49ers80:
I'm not really liking the options. If we don't trade up and one of the QBs doesn't fall to us, we could be in trouble. I'd love to get Reed, Paea, or Taylor, but I think they'll all be gone.

If we don't take QB in 2nd round.. Most likely we go best pass rusher left..
We won't have a 2nd round pick we trading up
Originally posted by mrbusinessman499:

unless its for phil taylor or jimmy smith forget it

To many teams will offer more to move up then us. I see us staying put..
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Ponder or Dalton and maybe Mallet but we would probably have to trade up.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

unless its for phil taylor or jimmy smith forget it

yeah...i'm really sure we wont be trading up. If peterson doesn't fall to us, and quinn is gone. I would probably say our best bet is to trade back and pick up an extra 2nd rounder.

Yeah, I'm am not too thrilled about what will be left at 45 if we stay put. If Reed, Paea, Acho, Sheard and the QBs gone there would probably be good value at WR and RB but that would be early for those positions. I hope we don't go Kaepernick or Stanzi that early either just because they are the last QBs left.

Problem is the best value are in spots we probably wouldn't take that high. Like I said WR, RB, 3-4 DE, G and then other positions we don't really need at all.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 22, 2011 at 12:33 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:

Yeah, I'm am not too thrilled about what will be left at 45 if we stay put. If Reed, Paea, Acho, Sheard and the QBs gone there would probably be good value at WR and RB but that would be early for those positions. I hope we don't go Kaepernick or Stanzi that early either just because they are the last QBs left.

Problem is the best value are in spots we probably wouldn't take that high. Like I said WR, RB, 3-4 DE, G and then other positions we don't really need at all.

Yeah, I'm with you. Seems like trading up makes the most sense.

The problem is teams above us will ask for a kings ransom to move up,because they know teams like the 49ers will be desperate.. That's why I just see them team staying put and taking someone like Stanzi..
[ Edited by fakers23 on Apr 22, 2011 at 12:44 PM ]

Originally posted by fakers23:

The problem is teams above us will ask for a kings ransom to move up,because they know teams like the 49ers will be desperate.. That's why I just see them team staying put and taking someone like Stanzi..

Yeah, the demand is ridiculous for these QBs this year. Months ago you could have got these guys in the mid to late 2nd or even 3rd round. Now all of a sudden we are up to 6 QBs worth of first round picks in what most think to be an average QB class. I hope we don't buy into it and trade away a future 1st or 2nd but the thing is we are desperate. Let's say Alex decides to go else where and there isn't much time for free agency before the season. Do we want to go in with Carr and a late round rookie if that. Even if we give up too much at least we could go into the season at worst with Dalton or Ponder, etc getting their feet wet. Might give us an idea if we need to go for a franchise QB next year.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 22, 2011 at 12:58 PM ]

I actually really like Acho. I'm kind of surprise that he's not getting more publicity. Ideally, I'd love to get him in the 3rd, but I don't know if he'll last till the Niners 3rd pick.

what makes u think other teams will offer more? we have the most fire power in this draft to move up
[ Edited by DANADA on Apr 22, 2011 at 1:32 PM ]
Originally posted by DANADA:

what makes u think other teams will offer more? we have the most fire power in this draft to move up

Pretty simple.. They are extremely desperate.. Thier like 10 teams that need Qbs and only a handful of Qbs in the draft... Plus you got the lockout...With no free agency..The only place to fill the need is the draft.. So of course the team holding the pick going to drive up the prize..
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Just stay put and quietly take Stanzi at #45.
Share 49ersWebzone