There are 227 users in the forums

i hope the niners use rational thinking with our 1st pick

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by CRABTREE:
Don't pick according to Mel Kiper or the media or whoever, go take MALLETT! Then we have a chance ...otherwise we'll be stuck with Alex again .

id rather be stuck with alex then stuck with mallet

a team isn't going to invest a 1st round pick on a kid with drug use problems. but then again, al davis is still alive.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by WildBill:
Don't pick according to Mel Kiper or the media or whoever, go take MALLETT! Then we have a chance ...otherwise we'll be stuck with Alex again .

The only thing certain is death and taxes, with the right team, Mallet might be the man. With Harbaugh, Smith might be a serviceable QB , Mallet has not played a down in the pros yet, Alex has, from what I seen, different OC or not, he is not the one to take us to the next level, playoff in the first round maybe, but that would be because of JH.

I want a little dose of Montana and a little dose of walsh to give my greedy a$$ and the niners another SB to cheer about.

So what am I saying? This damn waiting for the draft and CBA is KILLING me damn it!!!!! AAAAAArrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

immobile qb whos accuracy isnt great and decision is subpar in the WCO means disaster

Mallett is accurate as anyone when he gets protection. He falls apart when he faces pressure mostly because of bad footwork.

His problems are correctable, and people overrate the WC offense needs a mobile qb. See Matt Schaub in Houston.

I don't want him at 7 but if he falls to round 2 he's worth the pick.

alex is accuarate under protection 2 only problem is our o lie isnt the colts or the patriots we wont give protection for more than 2-3 seconds

The only thing certain is death and taxes, with the right team, Mallet might be the man. With Harbaugh, Smith might be a serviceable QB , Mallet has not played a down in the pros yet, Alex has, from what I seen, different OC or not, he is not the one to take us to the next level, playoff in the first round maybe, but that would be because of JH.

I want a little dose of Montana and a little dose of walsh to give my greedy a$$ and the niners another SB to cheer about.

So what am I saying? This damn waiting for the draft and CBA is KILLING me damn it!!!!! AAAAAArrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

immobile qb whos accuracy isnt great and decision is subpar in the WCO means disaster

Mallett is accurate as anyone when he gets protection. He falls apart when he faces pressure mostly because of bad footwork.

His problems are correctable, and people overrate the WC offense needs a mobile qb. See Matt Schaub in Houston.

alex is accuarate under protection 2 only problem is our o lie isnt the colts or the patriots we wont give protection for more than 2-3 seconds

Mallett isn't Alex. They're polar opposites. I know you weren't directly comparing the 2 but it really is apples and oranges.

First off it doesn't matter who we draft if we can't get better at protection. Very few qbs can overcome horrendous protection.
Originally posted by fan49:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
its just to bad no one realizes our BIGGEST WEAKNESS by far is secondary.... we had alot of sacks. we were terrible in passing defense. they do go hand in hand. but with the passing defense being so terrible a cb will easily upgrade the d more than a pass rusher.

If numbers factor into the discussion (since you claimed we had a lot of sacks) then for arguments sake we had :

36 sacks. Tied for 14th in the league.

15 picks. Tied for 17th in the league.

The best pass defense in the league last year was San Diego. They had 16 interceptions....but they also finished tied for 2nd in the league in sacks with 47.

LMAO Again there is a reason why the niners have been struggling against the pass the past few years........our 2 cbs are better than quite a few teams however since our pass rush is inconsistent we lose MOST ALL OF OUR CLOSE GAMES. Cbs even GREAT ONES can only cover for so long. Look at games like favre beating us in the last play of the minn game 2 years ago even all those close games we lost or last year carolina and other close games.......most of those games would of been wins with a good pass rusher like matthews versus a good cb like nmandi.

DENIALis not only a river in egypt.....there is a reason why a great pass rusher is MORE VALUABLE thana great cb. Lookat the nyj they throw away from revis but they cant always account for a harrison woodly matthews......this is why the nyj keep losing. They take out the opposing teams best wr but get burned by everybody else. 2nd 3rd wrs tes rbs......and that is a fact.

Duh winning

I remember many plays our CBs got beat on simple slants and double moves. Actually we lost a few games on those routes including the first Seattle game.

Oh you mean the sea game where alex threw 2 ints....one to the house and an overthrow on fourth down for a sure td to morris.....oh and also the delay of games which cost us at least a td......that game????????

The game where on the first play clements got an int......yeah the cbs really cost us that one. Hahahaha. What did their top wr get 42 yards against our bad cbs. Our d did a good job that game it was our coaching qb and lack of pass rush against a sea team that had a makeshift oline that cost us.

Our pass rush cost us a lot more games than our cbs and that is a fact. Our cbs at least got some ints to seal games where our pass rush should of helped finish them off. Even atl where clements got a crUcial int then fumbled like a bonehead we still pinned them back inside the 10 and no pressure on ryan. Spencer came through to seal the den game as well with an int.
This is why many of us as well as the niners management have mentioned we need a pass rusher badly. Ever sinCe 2002 not a single double digit sack member........need i say more

like nates pic- fumble right?? clements is garbage!!!! spencer is mediocre. anyday of the week peterson would help more than quinn or miller. but i might take one of those lb's over prince.... key word might. period our d was garbage. willis didnt even look like willis sometimes. franklin didnt look as good as he did in 2009-10.

we need both but the draft is deeper with olb's so why get maybe the best olb and a s**tty corner when we can get the best cb, and a good olb?

This thread is about being rational right?

If Prince can come in and replace Clements, it would allow us to dump that huge contract and use that money towards whatever other needs that are not addressed in the draft.

Just because we drafted An injured Gore in the 3rd round and he turned into a pro bowler, doesn't mean that every player we draft with an injury history is a safe pick. Risking a 3rd round pick vs a high 1st round pick .

Id be happy with Prince or Quinn. I wouldn't cry or think our team is not rational if we get either player.
its just to bad no one realizes our BIGGEST WEAKNESS by far is secondary.... we had alot of sacks. we were terrible in passing defense. they do go hand in hand. but with the passing defense being so terrible a cb will easily upgrade the d more than a pass rusher.

If numbers factor into the discussion (since you claimed we had a lot of sacks) then for arguments sake we had :

The best pass defense in the league last year was San Diego. They had 16 interceptions....but they also finished tied for 2nd in the league in sacks with 47.

LMAO Again there is a reason why the niners have been struggling against the pass the past few years........our 2 cbs are better than quite a few teams however since our pass rush is inconsistent we lose MOST ALL OF OUR CLOSE GAMES. Cbs even GREAT ONES can only cover for so long. Look at games like favre beating us in the last play of the minn game 2 years ago even all those close games we lost or last year carolina and other close games.......most of those games would of been wins with a good pass rusher like matthews versus a good cb like nmandi.

DENIALis not only a river in egypt.....there is a reason why a great pass rusher is MORE VALUABLE thana great cb. Lookat the nyj they throw away from revis but they cant always account for a harrison woodly matthews......this is why the nyj keep losing. They take out the opposing teams best wr but get burned by everybody else. 2nd 3rd wrs tes rbs......and that is a fact.

Duh winning

I remember many plays our CBs got beat on simple slants and double moves. Actually we lost a few games on those routes including the first Seattle game.

Oh you mean the sea game where alex threw 2 ints....one to the house and an overthrow on fourth down for a sure td to morris.....oh and also the delay of games which cost us at least a td......that game????????

The game where on the first play clements got an int......yeah the cbs really cost us that one. Hahahaha. What did their top wr get 42 yards against our bad cbs. Our d did a good job that game it was our coaching qb and lack of pass rush against a sea team that had a makeshift oline that cost us.

Our pass rush cost us a lot more games than our cbs and that is a fact. Our cbs at least got some ints to seal games where our pass rush should of helped finish them off. Even atl where clements got a crUcial int then fumbled like a bonehead we still pinned them back inside the 10 and no pressure on ryan. Spencer came through to seal the den game as well with an int.
This is why many of us as well as the niners management have mentioned we need a pass rusher badly. Ever sinCe 2002 not a single double digit sack member........need i say more

like nates pic- fumble right?? clements is garbage!!!! spencer is mediocre. anyday of the week peterson would help more than quinn or miller. but i might take one of those lb's over prince.... key word might. period our d was garbage. willis didnt even look like willis sometimes. franklin didnt look as good as he did in 2009-10.

we need both but the draft is deeper with olb's so why get maybe the best olb and a s**tty corner when we can get the best cb, and a good olb?

If Prince can come in and replace Clements, it would allow us to dump that huge contract and use that money towards whatever other needs that are not addressed in the draft.

Just because we drafted An injured Gore in the 3rd round and he turned into a pro bowler, doesn't mean that every player we draft with an injury history is a safe pick. Risking a 3rd round pick vs a high 1st round pick .

Id be happy with Prince or Quinn. I wouldn't cry or think our team is not rational if we get either player.

Not replace Clements but, restructure his contract and keep him, hes the best in our secondary.

Mallett isn't Alex. They're polar opposites. I know you weren't directly comparing the 2 but it really is apples and oranges.

First off it doesn't matter who we draft if we can't get better at protection. Very few qbs can overcome horrendous protection.

sorry i missread your post we are both saying the same thing
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
With QB we are in it for the long haul, I will even understand if we trade up to higher 2nd or whatever and take Locker. Develop Locker behind Alex/Other FA.
We should assume pp and miller are gone by seven bc if not then we take either of them and its a done deal. However if they are both gone as well as gabbert it seems to be between prince and quinn.

Now prince is solid and will start but so is quinn. When picking between the two the niners should consider that quinn most likely WOULD OF been a top three or top five pick even in an above average year IF he played in 2010 prince is not. Quinn would help our pass rush and run d more taking parys place then prince would help our pass d taking over for clements or spencer.

Both are good players and starters but quinn is not only higher rated but more of an impact player especially considering IF he played last year......its the same logic we used with gore. He would of been a first round pick IF he played more and we treated him like that a steal even though we had barlow.

Quinn is the pick here. Even if we trade down and get a player like jordan from cal he would help out quite a bit BUT quinn would help out the most relative to the position.

What do you hink about his line of thought?

what if the niners think quinn is not a 3-4 olb?
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I hope we use irrational thinking with the 1st pick.

Then go back to rational for the rest of the draft.

Try something different for a change.

bout time brian jennings get replaced---long snappar at #7
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I hope we use irrational thinking with the 1st pick.

Then go back to rational for the rest of the draft.

Try something different for a change.

bout time brian jennings get replaced---long snappar at #7

screw that we need a kicker

• buhda
  • Veteran
1. Carolina-Marcell Dareus
2.Denver-Pat Peterson
3.Buffalo-Robert Quinn
4.Cincinnati-A.J. Green
5.Arizona-Von Miller
6.Cleveland-julio Jones
7.San Francisco-Prince Amukamara,Blaine Gabbert,trade down,or after Buffalo takes Quinn make a trade up with Cincy for Miller and giving up our 1st.,3rd.,4th.6th., and 7th round pick. hmmmm......
  • fan49
  • Veteran

Duh winning

i meant get a cb in first because there alot more talented olb in this draft.... more logical. then vice versa with olb in first then cb later.

Duh winning

i meant get a cb in first because there alot more talented olb in this draft.... more logical. then vice versa with olb in first then cb later.

oh for sure. I totally agree there is a much bigger drop off in talent from the CB position

Duh winning

oh for sure. I totally agree there is a much bigger drop off in talent from the CB position

also history has shown that very few if any elite CB are taken outside the 1st round where elite pass rushers are found all over the draft
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buhda:
1. Carolina-Marcell Dareus
2.Denver-Pat Peterson
3.Buffalo-Robert Quinn
4.Cincinnati-A.J. Green
5.Arizona-Von Miller
6.Cleveland-julio Jones
7.San Francisco-Prince Amukamara,Blaine Gabbert,trade down,or after Buffalo takes Quinn make a trade up with Cincy for Miller and giving up our 1st.,3rd.,4th.6th., and 7th round pick. hmmmm......

If the draft panned out this way, both top QBs would still be on the board. This would be a sweet spot to trade back to 10-15, pick up a pick and still nab Prince.
Share 49ersWebzone