LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 410 users in the forums

1st 7 picks

Originally posted by aman49:
hey philosoraptor, you should come post in the parking lot sometime. I don't like most noobs, but you seem to have that rare "i dont want to slap your noob candyass quality"

See you in the post whore thread

thank you for the compliment man. I will be there haha. My secret is trying not to speak out my a** about football like some do.
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
hey philosoraptor, you should come post in the parking lot sometime. I don't like most noobs, but you seem to have that rare "i dont want to slap your noob candyass quality"

thank you for the compliment man. I will be there haha. My secret is trying not to speak out my a** about football like some do.

When the season rolls around you will see that rational thought when it comes to the 49ers is not appreciated...

When the season rolls around you will see that rational thought when it comes to the 49ers is not appreciated...
Hahaha well rational thought they shall get!
you beat a good qb with coverage not blitzing. look at the jets playoff run. They have horrible rushers but because of there awesome coverage they shutdown the nfls two top qbs two weeks in a row. passrushers can cause havoc yes but good coverage eliminates a qbs targets making him sit in the rush or force some throws and mabye cause turnovers.

OR

you can do like the giants did in the superbowl, and have a badass 4 man rush that did a number on brady. but that's harder to do
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
I want Quinn!

over peterson?

It's a toss up. We need a pass rusher.

Potential Lockdown Corner < Potential Blue Chip Pass Rusher.

Fixed.

I'd much rather have a Revis take away the oppositions best wideout than have a good pass rusher who may get to the qb every 1 out of 13 pass attempts
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
I want Quinn!

over peterson?

Fixed.

I'd much rather have a Revis take away the oppositions best wideout than have a good pass rusher who may get to the qb every 1 out of 13 pass attempts

He may only get to the QB 1 out of 13 plays, however he is forcing the offense to adjust the protection schemes and taking on double sometimes triple teams to keep him blocked (which is allowing his teammates 1 on 1 matchups). He is also putting pressure on the QB forcing the ball out earlier thus disrupting the timing and rhythm of the play, or maybe forcing the QB out of the pocket or to step up into the pocket and into the waiting arms of one of his teammates.

There is a reason why teams value pass rushers moreso than corners in general. It's widely considered the 2nd most important position on a team.
I want Quinn!

over peterson?

Fixed.

He may only get to the QB 1 out of 13 plays, however he is forcing the offense to adjust the protection schemes and taking on double sometimes triple teams to keep him blocked (which is allowing his teammates 1 on 1 matchups). He is also putting pressure on the QB forcing the ball out earlier thus disrupting the timing and rhythm of the play, or maybe forcing the QB out of the pocket or to step up into the pocket and into the waiting arms of one of his teammates.

There is a reason why teams value pass rushers moreso than corners in general. It's widely considered the 2nd most important position on a team.

Both sides have arguments, but it depends on how dominant the players is. L. Taylor, D Sanders/Revis? Both can be neutralized by scheme and the right players.

Dione, help bring us the 5th SB, because he could on passing downs free up an additional to help on the side of the field or allow the team to free up a man to blitz. His weakness though was s**tty run support. Revis is better in that sense.
I want Quinn!

over peterson?

Fixed.

yeah i understand what you're saying

but let's see...

Revis, Asomugha, Woodson, Bailey....p. peterson??

vs

D. Ware, James Harrison, Clay Matthews, Freeney, jared allen, julius peppers, woodley, suggs, etc..

the chance of getting an elite corner seems slim compared to a pass rusher, so why not possibly get the most talented db coming out in years??
I want Quinn!

over peterson?

Fixed.

but let's see...

vs

D. Ware, James Harrison, Clay Matthews, Freeney, jared allen, julius peppers, woodley, suggs, etc..

the chance of getting an elite corner seems slim compared to a pass rusher, so why not possibly get the most talented db coming out in years??

If he's there at #7, NO QUESTION, take Patrick Peterson. He'll be the best player on the board AND fill an area of need. In my opinion, I don't think he will be there!
  • evil
  • Veteran
I want Quinn!

over peterson?

Fixed.

but let's see...

vs

While there is more to the equation than meets the eye, none of those elite corners ever won a SB whereas 4 of those pass rushers have. Every SB winner of the past decade minus one have had a strong pass rush however most did not have great corners.

I want Quinn!

over peterson?

Fixed.

but let's see...

vs

While there is more to the equation than meets the eye, none of those elite corners ever won a SB whereas 4 of those pass rushers have. Every SB winner of the past decade minus one have had a strong pass rush however most did not have great corners.

well to be fair

jets = crappy offense
raiders.... well ya

gb won

broncos=

the elite cb teams have horrible teams (apart from GB)

where as the wlite pass rushers have great teams cowboys are average
colts are great as well as GB

steelers i will give you that there pass rush and D wont he SB last year but you still have to give a little credit to their O with that final drive and they werent as bad as the raiders broncos and especially the colts
I want Quinn!

I think Quinn will be a bust. All his sacks came verse lesser opponents
Originally posted by wbaker:
I want Quinn!

I think Quinn will be a bust. All his sacks came verse lesser opponents

to be fair they are very few people (especialy pass rushers ) who produce in there sophomore year and he was runner up for best d line of year award (lost to suh)
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Carolina - Cam Newton QB
Talk talk talk about Dareus but they are gonna go QB, they let Clausen play this upcoming season to allow Newton to develop and hopefully get Clausen some trade value.

Denver - Marcell Dareus DT
Rebuild the defense with John Fox at HC. Start with the trenches ala Detroit with Suh.

Buffalo - Von Miller OLB
Fitzpatrick is serviceable, they need a dynamic game changing defensive player.

Cincy - Nick Fairley DT
Cincy always does something weird. They are usually pretty predictable. Apparently they like Fairley.

Arizona - Blaine Gabbert QB
Cardinals are a perfect example of how much a QB means to a franchise.

Cleveland - AJ Green WR
Easy pick for the Browns, they badly need a playmaker.

San Francisco - Patrick Peterson CB
We get our guy, similar to Crabtree in '09 and Willis in '07
This is what some of us were talking about:

Big Freak (Quinn)

“Just playing behind him you understand what he does for a defensive back,” North Carolina cornerback Duenta Williams said. “At (East Carolina) two years ago, he sacked a guy so fast that I thought it was false start on the offense or something. I thought they were about to start the play over again. Just situations like that, you didn't have to do too much covering.”
Share 49ersWebzone