1st 7 picks

1) Carolina- cam newton
And so begins 6 years of failure.

2) denver- marcel dareus
They need defensive players BAD.

3) buffalo- Von miller
They want newton but get a pass rusher for their 3-4

4) Cincinnati- Blaine gabbert
They brought in jay gruden to rebuild this offense. Gabbert is piece one. Mike brown is an idiot Palmer ain't coming back.

5) arizonia- Robert quinn
I think they may trade back and Peterson is this pick. But arizonia would be happy with Robert quinn.

6) browns- aj green
All that is seen is holmgren bursting into the room running everyone over like a young Earl Campbell. He runs to the podium knocking the commissioner on his @$$ and announces the pick himself.

7)sf- Peterson
Do I need an explanation .

I'll do the rest before the draft next week.
I want Quinn!
Originally posted by PTulini:
I want Quinn!

over peterson?
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
I want Quinn!

over peterson?

It's a toss up. We need a pass rusher.
I want Quinn!

over peterson?

Totally a chicken or the egg question here. If Peterson is truly a lockdown CB (e.g. Darrelle Revis) and can allow the rest of the secondary to double cover AND the pass rush more time to get there great, he's our pick.

If Quinn is that missing WILL with Brooks at the SAM and in an aggressive Fangio defense that will allow our CB's to be up at the LOS playing physical, aggressive and forcing WR's to beat them, he is our pick.

My pick is Quinn. I think the change in philosophy from Nolan/Manusky to Fangio will play to our players strengths. I think he will naturally utilize all four of the LB's in pass rush, will have our CB's playing up at the LOS (to their strengths) and will place a premium on isolating the OLB's and creating turnovers. I also think he'll utilize Mays more in the box and have him play down hill...something a good pass rush can provide.

But hey, this is a GREAT problem to have...I don't think we lose either way!
Originally posted by NCommand:
I want Quinn!

over peterson?

Totally a chicken or the egg question here. If Peterson is truly a lockdown CB (e.g. Darrelle Revis) and can allow the rest of the secondary to double cover AND the pass rush more time to get there great, he's our pick.

If Quinn is that missing WILL with Brooks at the SAM and in an aggressive Fangio defense that will allow our CB's to be up at the LOS playing physical, aggressive and forcing WR's to beat them, he is our pick.

My pick is Quinn. I think the change in philosophy from Nolan/Manusky to Fangio will
play to our players strengths. I think he will naturally utilize all four of the LB's in pass rush, will have our CB's playing up at the LOS (to their strengths) and will place a
premium on isolating the OLB's and creating turnovers. I also think he'll utilize Mays
more in the box and have him play down hill...something a good pass rush can
provide.

But hey, this is a GREAT problem to have...I don't think we lose either way!
I like quinn but peterson is to good of a prospect and if both are there we could trade down for quinn or prince and pick up a pick too.
In fangio's system we need elite/above average corners, since he will be sending a blitzer on damn near every play
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
In fangio's system we need elite/above average corners, since he will be sending a blitzer on damn near every play

We need pass rushers to do that.

I agree...mostly. But what good 3-4 coaches do is use their CB's more physically up at the LOS b/c with a good pass rush, they only need to cover for a few seconds as opposed to under manusky where our CB's played 35 yards off a WR on 3rd and 3 and asked his LBers to drop back in coverage. That's why I first looked at defensive philosophy/scheme, our current players and how they would be utilized, before I finally slightly leaned towards Quinn. Spencer and Clements have both been used incorrectly iMHO as was Mays last year as well.
I'd be cool with Miller, Peterson or Quinn. All three are OK in my first round pick choices. I might be leaning toward pass rusher though, especially since last year's was awful.

I'm actually open to the idea of grabbing Green if he fell. You can't have too much offense. Frank, Davis, Crabtree, Green would be a nice combo. All we need now is a good QB....lol

yeah no s**t, but he's gonna blitz regardless

I agree...mostly. But what good 3-4 coaches do is use their CB's more physically up at the LOS b/c with a good pass rush, they only need to cover for a few seconds as opposed to under manusky where our CB's played 35 yards off a WR on 3rd and 3 and asked his LBers to drop back in coverage. That's why I first looked at defensive philosophy/scheme, our current players and how they would be utilized, before I finally slightly leaned towards Quinn. Spencer and Clements have both been used incorrectly iMHO as was Mays last year as well.

Let me try and be the voice of reason here;

Peterson is pretty much hands down the "safest" pick in this draft, and gives us a very good chance of adding another "elite" player to our roster. He also happens to play a position in which we are weak at, and he will be a day one starter. If we don't get Pete Pat or Amukamara in the first our odds of getting a guy who can be an impact player from day one is slim.

Quinn on the the other hand is a beast, and had he actually played last season would easily be a top three pick and we would be having this debate. He also is pro ready and can start from day one. The diffrence between the two is that I think we can add a pass rusher in the second round and possibly later rounds as well.

My pick: Peterson, gives us an impact player at a position that is hard to fill. We can always trade back into the 1st or upper second round to get a better pass rusher.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:

Let me try and be the voice of reason here;

Peterson is pretty much hands down the "safest" pick in this draft, and gives us a very good chance of adding another "elite" player to our roster. He also happens to play a position in which we are weak at, and he will be a day one starter. If we don't get Pete Pat or Amukamara in the first our odds of getting a guy who can be an impact player from day one is slim.

Quinn on the the other hand is a beast, and had he actually played last season would easily be a top three pick and we would be having this debate. He also is pro ready and can start from day one. The diffrence between the two is that I think we can add a pass rusher in the second round and possibly later rounds as well.

My pick: Peterson, gives us an impact player at a position that is hard to fill. We can always trade back into the 1st or upper second round to get a better pass rusher.

But there are people debating whether or not Patrick Peterson will be a CB in the NFL? Ultimately, he may be moved to Safety. Plus, his value as a return man is deminished with the new special teams rule.

ah, quite the paradox...

I could go insane trying to figure out the whole "pass rush/pass defense" problem we have. IMO either one will impact our defense week one.
Share 49ersWebzone