There are 119 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How far is Jimmy Smith going to fall?

• pd24
  • Veteran
The CB from Colorado. Any chance we get him in the 2nd and take a QB in the first by trading back or taking Gabbert if he is there at 7? Can this guy fall to round 3?
he wont get passed the eagles and i wouldnt be surprised if the Lions took him
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:

Just based on skill, does he have a case to be the best CB in the draft? I have read alot of good things on him as a player.
I don't think he will fall at all. I think what you are hearing now is things to scare other teams away. I'd be surprised if he slips to the latter part of rd 1.
Originally posted by pd24:

Just based on skill, does he have a case to be the best CB in the draft? I have read alot of good things on him as a player.

This guy thinks so
gregcosell

Here's my top 3 CB ranking based solely on film study: 1) Smith; 2) Peterson; 3) Amukamara. Smith prototype NFL press corner. Great balance.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pd24:

This guy thinks so
gregcosell

Here's my top 3 CB ranking based solely on film study: 1) Smith; 2) Peterson; 3) Amukamara. Smith prototype NFL press corner. Great balance.

lol... Good stuff. I like his skills the best also compared to the other 2.
if he ends up in seattle that would piss me off, i really dont think there too much difference between the top 2 cb's and him
I wouldnt mind if we traded back and grab him or Cameron Jordan.
I like Smith over Amukamara as well. The fact he was able to handle AJ Green showed alot.
Hopefully he falls right into our lap.
Originally posted by YOUNGster08:
Hopefully he falls right into our lap.

in the 2nd round ?

highly doubt it unless he robs a bank or something in between now and the draft

I think he could fall to Baltimore. Eagles don't typically take corners in the 1st -- If I had to guess, the Eagles will go OL or DL.

If the Bengals pass on Gabbert and take A.J. Green, it's going to have a snowball effect. I think they may actually do it, too. My guess is the Browns would then trade with Dallas -- Peterson to Dallas at #6, and Julio Jones to Cleveland at #9.
I bought a draft magazine that has him ranked at 8.0, the same ranking they give to Amukamara and Peterson. Definitely a first rounder and the 3rd corner taken. Lots of teams didn't want to throw on him in college.