There are 177 users in the forums

Peter King's Mock--It's a doozy for us!

Originally posted by genus49:
I can't stand Peter King and his draft format just further proves that.

Why is it so difficult to put everything on one page?

Not difficult. Just greedy. More ads to place. More money to make.

As far as the trade, I can dig it IF it also lands us their second, not third. Third is the fair value, but it's going to cost them for one of the top two prospects coming out this year.

At #11, Amukamara could very well still be on the board and would fit perfectly in our scheme with an extra second or third to boot.

Starting to come around at the idea.
people think hes gonna be a FS just because hes a little bigger than most corners? the guy is still fast and he covers like glue. id snatch him in a heartbeat. the WRs in this league are getting bigger and were gonna need a big physical corner who also has coverage skills

People please, this is an article from a magazine. You know those things constructed of paper and ink that you hold in your hand and buy at the local grocery store. SI wants you to buy their magazine.

Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Anyone notice king's mock is dated 4/25?
The magazine is obviously dated April 25th.

I find it interesting that King states that the 9ers are not interested in trading back into the first round to draft a QB (insider info?). Like King, I am all over Dalton and because of his combination of accuracy, release quickness, smarts and desire, I assume Harbaugh is as well.
[ Edited by endcapitalism on Apr 20, 2011 at 11:42 AM ]
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Giggidy:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by susweel:
I seriously dont care what Peter King thinks.

Agreed. Arguably, King may be the most inaccurate "expert" out there.

he correctly predicted the super bowl last year

BURNN
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by iceberg450r:
Its seems to me like Peterson is falling in all these mock drafts ... maybe this guy isn't the sure thing like everyone was saying!

I guess maybe at 219 pounds teams may view him as more of a free safety.

That how I view him. And Eric Davis thinks so too.

Ditto. I'm sure he'll be tried at CB and may be solid. But it will be obvious soon enough that he belongs at S. Once either he struggles or the team he's on gets an upgrade at CB, he'll spend the rest of his career at S.
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by iceberg450r:
Its seems to me like Peterson is falling in all these mock drafts ... maybe this guy isn't the sure thing like everyone was saying!

I guess maybe at 219 pounds teams may view him as more of a free safety.

That how I view him. And Eric Davis thinks so too.

Ditto. I'm sure he'll be tried at CB and may be solid. But it will be obvious soon enough that he belongs at S. Once either he struggles or the team he's on gets an upgrade at CB, he'll spend the rest of his career at S.

Exactly. Took the words out of my mouth.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Anyone notice king's mock is dated 4/25?

Moving back 4 spots, getting Prince and a 3rd (#42) works for me.

hell no i love princr but id rather have peterson and forget the third

2nd at #42 or a 3rd?

If we could get Prince and another 2nd, I think that may be worth it. Although it would be tough to pass up possibly the best player in the draft.

_______

That's what I'm saying.

I'm no scout. But if the hype with Peterson is real... the Texans will have to do more than a 3rd to move up and take him. Especially since CB is such an obvious area of need for us.

An extra 2nd allows us the freedom to move up and take any quarterback we want, not named Newton or Gabbert.

How about the switching #7 for #11 and the Texans 1st round next year. That would be a good trade IMO.

I'm all for that too, but wonder if it's too much for Texans or Redskins to pull the trigger on.. Moving back 4 spots and picking up a #1 for next year's draft (with Luck and possibly Matt Barkley) might be our long term solution to the QB problem. It all might just be wishful thinking though.
Maybe SI's got some insider knowledge:

Remember a few years ago they predicted that Tyson Jackson was going to KC at #3 and everyone thought that was ridiculous? They also predicted that Crabtree would fall to #10. My point is, there may be some validity to their selections than most of us would rather not acknowledge.

By the way, if Dalton is going at #15 to the Dolphins, I would rather that the Niners trade back to $14, if possible, and choose Dalton there.
Originally posted by DarthNiner:

Remember a few years ago they predicted that Tyson Jackson was going to KC at #3 and everyone thought that was ridiculous? They also predicted that Crabtree would fall to #10. My point is, there may be some validity to their selections than most of us would rather not acknowledge.

By the way, if Dalton is going at #15 to the Dolphins, I would rather that the Niners trade back to $14, if possible, and choose Dalton there.

it wasnt peter king though
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by DarthNiner:

it wasnt peter king though

Touche. It was Dr. Z.

I love Dalton, but in the top half of the draft no way. Maybe by trading into the back of the 1st early 2nd. I do agree with his vison of Dalton running our WCO though.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
I find it funny people are posting here that they don't care what King says. Then why read the thread?

Anyway, I would prefer to draft PP then trade away the pick. However, if King has us trading back into the bottom of the first to grab a QB, I would be ok with it.

Here is a better link to his mock draft.

I wouldn't mind us dropping down and getting Prince. I think Peterson will be gone by 7 anyway.
[/code]
Share 49ersWebzone