LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 227 users in the forums

Peter King's Mock--It's a doozy for us!

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by iceberg450r:
Its seems to me like Peterson is falling in all these mock drafts ... maybe this guy isn't the sure thing like everyone was saying!

I guess maybe at 219 pounds teams may view him as more of a free safety.

That how I view him. And Eric Davis thinks so too.

Yah I didnt know that he weighed that much until I read that article.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Anyone notice king's mock is dated 4/25?

Moving back 4 spots, getting Prince and a 3rd (#42) works for me.

hell no i love princr but id rather have peterson and forget the third

2nd at #42 or a 3rd?

If we could get Prince and another 2nd, I think that may be worth it. Although it would be tough to pass up possibly the best player in the draft.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

2nd at #42 or a 3rd?

If we could get Prince and another 2nd, I think that may be worth it. Although it would be tough to pass up possibly the best player in the draft.

_______

That's what I'm saying.

I'm no scout. But if the hype with Peterson is real... the Texans will have to do more than a 3rd to move up and take him. Especially since CB is such an obvious area of need for us.

An extra 2nd allows us the freedom to move up and take any quarterback we want, not named Newton or Gabbert.
Originally posted by iceberg450r:
Its seems to me like Peterson is falling in all these mock drafts ... maybe this guy isn't the sure thing like everyone was saying!

I guess maybe at 219 pounds teams may view him as more of a free safety.

That how I view him. And Eric Davis thinks so too.

Yah I didnt know that he weighed that much until I read that article.

Yeah. He's about the size of Taylor Mays. 2 inches small and 10 lbs lighter. But I think Peterson will be a better version of Antrell Rolle. Peterson has better ball skills though. That's not a knock against PP (Rolle was an All-Pro in 2010). I just see his future as a great safety. But to me Rolle/Peterson's game is very similiar to one another.
I've said it on numerous occasions, but Prince is the best pure CB in this draft IMO.
Originally posted by okdkid:

2nd at #42 or a 3rd?

_______

That's what I'm saying.

I'm no scout. But if the hype with Peterson is real... the Texans will have to do more than a 3rd to move up and take him. Especially since CB is such an obvious area of need for us.

An extra 2nd allows us the freedom to move up and take any quarterback we want, not named Newton or Gabbert.

How about the switching #7 for #11 and the Texans 1st round next year. That would be a good trade IMO.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran

2nd at #42 or a 3rd?

_______

That's what I'm saying.

How about the switching #7 for #11 and the Texans 1st round next year. That would be a good trade IMO.

______

As far as value, sure. But I doubt the Texans value Peterson as worth two #1s. Hell, its rare you find a team willing to trade two #1s for a proven vet.

I suppose the value of that trade depends on what Harbaugh thinks of the QBs in this year's class. If he likes one, getting a 2nd rounder would seem obvious. If he thinks he can put it off for a year, he may request the two #1s. But again, I doubt the Texans will be willing to go that route.

2nd at #42 or a 3rd?

_______

That's what I'm saying.

______

As far as value, sure. But I doubt the Texans value Peterson as worth two #1s. Hell, its rare you find a team willing to trade two #1s for a proven vet.

I suppose the value of that trade depends on what Harbaugh thinks of the QBs in this year's class. If he likes one, getting a 2nd rounder would seem obvious. If he thinks he can put it off for a year, he may request the two #1s. But again, I doubt the Texans will be willing to go that route.

Yeah, Texans are not the Redskins or the Raiders

Obviously I can't count. Houston's 3rd rounder would be seventy something.

After thinking this scenario through, I think Houston would trade up with Cleveland if they really want Peterson.

If Peterson is still on the board at 6, then Cleveland is in a great spot to move back a few spots and still land a top WR, either Green or Jones. They could realistically trade back with Dallas or Houston.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
I seriously dont care what Peter King thinks.

100% agree

Yeah. He's about the size of Taylor Mays. 2 inches small and 10 lbs lighter. But I think Peterson will be a better version of Antrell Rolle. Peterson has better ball skills though. That's not a knock against PP (Rolle was an All-Pro in 2010). I just see his future as a great safety. But to me Rolle/Peterson's game is very similiar to one another.
I've said it on numerous occasions, but Prince is the best pure CB in this draft IMO.

There seems to be a growing sentiment that Peterson will be a better safety:

Per Eric Davis:
Quote:
Peterson is eventually going to be a safety. He lost weight this year to play at 210. He came into camp smaller. But when you look at two or three years into the league, he'll be a 225-pound guy, easily. He'll be a safety more in the mold of Ed Reed instead of a corner. I don't look at him as (Darelle) Revis or Nnamdi (Asomugha). He's a lot bigger than those guys.
Read more: here

Rotoworld notes that at 220:
Quote:
Peterson will enter the NFL as the heaviest corner in the league at age 20. In all likelihood, he's only going to get bigger. When he does move to safety in a few years, he'll be one of the biggest in the league at that position, too.

And on a somewhat related, some don't think Peterson is all he's cracked up to be.

Per Greg Cosell via Twitter :
Quote:
Here's my top 3 CB ranking based solely on film study: 1) Smith; 2) Peterson; 3) Amukamara. Smith prototype NFL press corner. Great balance.
Quote:
All 3 CB extensive press man exp. Critical w/NFL defensive blitz emphasis. Peterson better athlete but not as good in press as Smith.

Scott

Agreed. Arguably, King may be the most inaccurate "expert" out there.
Originally posted by Giggidy:

he correctly predicted the super bowl last year
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Giggidy:

he correctly predicted the super bowl last year

1) Many other "experts" correctly predicted the super bowl last year
2) One prediction, correct or incorrect, is not a good sample size to make a decision from. Historically, I feel King has been more inaccurate about predictions on draft day selections, regular-season rosters, weekly picks, and division champs.
I can't stand Peter King and his draft format just further proves that.

Why is it so difficult to put everything on one page?
Share 49ersWebzone