LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

***Webzone Mockumentary - Round 3 - freeforall (Packers) is OTC***

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Cardinals drafted their franchise QB in Newton in 1st round. He has a great target in Fitzerald, and two solid RBs to help him out in the run game. But, a young QBs best friend is always a TE, and Arizona will give him that weapon down the middle and when he is on the run.

Arizona selects: Kyle Rudolph, TE, Notre Dame
Denver trades back and still gets the player they wanted while picking up an extra 4th rounder.

Continuing to shore up a defense that has been an embarrassment at times, the Broncos select:

Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio State

Well... NIners and Vikings GMS.. there is 1 QB left on the board that is worth taking and most have a first round grade on. Who wants him???????

Cowboys and Redskins are now officially listening to offers to move up.
Let's make this pick soon if you can (within the next hour atleast). While making trades is great and all if it works out within 3-4 hours of being on the clock, it involves too many moving parts to hold out hope for in a time crunch (especially given that trade partners may not be on if they don't have a pick coming up).
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Niners are not moving up.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

You cant announce your intentions on the board. That can affect other trade offers. As for when I pick.. I will pick when I'm ready.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Apr 25, 2011 at 9:43 AM ]
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

You cant announce your intentions on the board. That can affect other trade offers. As for when I pick.. I will pick when I'm ready.

Just pick. If you have trades to consider, that's one thing. If you are just delaying in hopes that maybe trades come, then you are holding things up for no reason.
Originally posted by TexasNiner:

Just pick. If you have trades to consider, that's one thing. If you are just delaying in hopes that maybe trades come, then you are holding things up for no reason.

Like I said I will pick when I'm ready. The two guys who have taken the most time to pick are the two of you making comments now.

Like I said I will pick when I'm ready. The two guys who have taken the most time to pick are the two of you making comments now.

The only time in this draft or the last one when I have taken a long time was yesterday, which was EASTER SUNDAY. I had family in town and other obligations. Some things are more important than the Zone.

But dragging out a pick just because you are waiting for a trade that isn't likely to come is wasting everyone's time. Especially since this draft has taken so long already and we are actually in a position to get a bunch of picks accomplished quickly.

If you have trades to consider, need to do research, or have real world obligations, that's one thing. But it seems as if you are just waiting for a non-existent trade to appear.

The only time in this draft or the last one when I have taken a long time was yesterday, which was EASTER SUNDAY. I had family in town and other obligations. Some things are more important than the Zone.

But dragging out a pick just because you are waiting for a trade that isn't likely to come is wasting everyone's time. Especially since this draft has taken so long already and we are actually in a position to get a bunch of picks accomplished quickly.

If you have trades to consider, need to do research, or have real world obligations, that's one thing. But it seems as if you are just waiting for a non-existent trade to appear.

IM waiting for an owner to come on to discuss trade.

Dallas Cowboys select.................... CB Aaron Williams Texas

Very surprised that a first round talent is sitting them for them in round 2 and that a huge need is filled.
Washington is now on the clock and will be taking their time as they evaluate their options.
lol..

Unless it's a pre-existing trade dialogue, you are just wasting time. Look, I get it. Everyone wants to "win" the draft and make the best moves.

But at this point, we aren't even going to finish the second round before the real draft starts. Unless we have trades established, or at least conversations started about them, then when your pick comes up, you should just pick, so that we can try and finish the second round and maybe, just maybe, get to the third.

Waiting until your pick comes up, then announcing a desire to trade and waiting for people not even online to show up because you are hoping that maybe they will want to trade with you is wasting time we don't have.

Either there is a trade in the works, and the details need to be worked out, or there isn't and it's just wishful thinking on your part and you're stalling on the off chance something may happen.

At this point, we are all aware enough of the options. If someone wants to trade, the trade talk should be established prior to the pick. And if someone isn't online, it's a waste of everyone's time to wait around just in case they might want to trade.

Again, I know everyone wants to make the best moves they can, but the fun of the draft is actually HAVING the draft. Not waiting around for it to happen. And we are quickly running out of time.

Unless it's a pre-existing trade dialogue, you are just wasting time. Look, I get it. Everyone wants to "win" the draft and make the best moves.

But at this point, we aren't even going to finish the second round before the real draft starts. Unless we have trades established, or at least conversations started about them, then when your pick comes up, you should just pick, so that we can try and finish the second round and maybe, just maybe, get to the third.

Waiting until your pick comes up, then announcing a desire to trade and waiting for people not even online to show up because you are hoping that maybe they will want to trade with you is wasting time we don't have.

Either there is a trade in the works, and the details need to be worked out, or there isn't and it's just wishful thinking on your part and you're stalling on the off chance something may happen.

At this point, we are all aware enough of the options. If someone wants to trade, the trade talk should be established prior to the pick. And if someone isn't online, it's a waste of everyone's time to wait around just in case they might want to trade.

Again, I know everyone wants to make the best moves they can, but the fun of the draft is actually HAVING the draft. Not waiting around for it to happen. And we are quickly running out of time.

I take less time than ANYONE on this board when we do these drafts. RELAX!
Share 49ersWebzone