LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 218 users in the forums

***Webzone Mockumentary - Round 3 - freeforall (Packers) is OTC***

WHY IS THIS DRAFT SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SLOW THIS TIME??!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the time round 1 is over, my 5 month old will be eligible to be drafted.
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
WHY IS THIS DRAFT SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SLOW THIS TIME??!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the time round 1 is over, my 5 month old will be eligible to be drafted.

Can he play QB? Cause its looking like a no go for football this year.

We gotta get a neutral person for busier members to pm future picks to. Then that person can just read off a list and move the draft along.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Really sorry guys, I had to go to work and then to a dealership to buy a car. Rams pick is coming up.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
With Julio Jones off the board, Rams need to make a solid DL into a strength. In comes Cameron Jordan. He can play inside, he can play outside, but with the Rams - he will be asked to push the pocket from inside. Rams want to create as much pressure as possible on opposing QBs and with Long, Hall, and Jordan - they can do consistently with 4 player.

Rams select:

Cameron Jordan, DT, California
With the 15th pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, the Miami Dolphins select:

Mike Pouncey, OG, Florida

With no QB's IMO worthy of this spot and no offers for a trade down, the Dolphins are in a tough situation here. They could possibly reach for a QB. However, I'm not really sure and I don't think the Dolphins FO is really convinced the options here in the middle of the first round really offer much more than what Chad Henne could provide. While Henne didn't really live up to expectations last year, he did have some bright moments behind a porous O-line and a lack of a running game. I don't think 2 years as a starting QB is enough to tell if a guy has "it" or doesn't have "it." Just ask the San Diego Chargers and Drew Brees.

Which brings me to their O-line. The running game really regressed in one offseason after the Dolphins got rid of Justin Smiley and Jake Grove. They played musical chairs all season long in the interior of their line and it really hurt their offense. Henne and the other QB's that played last year never got any protection and the running game could never get it going with the lack of running lanes the O-line provided.

While Pouncey adds value as center, IMO he looks like he has the potential to be an elite G at the next level. Swinging Incognito to center and last year's draft pick John Jerry to either RG or RT and the O-line has the makings of a potential solid run blocking team. RB can easily be addressed later in this deep RB class.
With the 16th pick in the NFL draft the Jacksonville Jaguars select DE Daquan Bowers.

While Bowers' knee is a concern to some, his upside as a player is too good to pass up here. With time to recover until the season starts there will be 15 teams regretting passing on the player that was pegged as a top 3 pick when the college season ended
With the 17th pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, the New England Patriots select:

J.J. Watt, DE, Wisconsin

Watt makes to much sense for the Patriots here at #17. He represents BPA and fills a huge hole in their lackluster front 7. This pick would allow Wilfork to move back inside where IMO he's best at and gives the Patriots much needed strength upfront. The Patriots War Room must love the fact they have so many picks in the first few rounds that they can just focus on their draft board and not necessarily reach for a position to fill whatever needs they have. The fact that Watt represents both need and BPA makes this selection a no brainer.
Looking to get more pressure on the QB, the Chargers are pleased to select:

Ryan Kerrigan, OLB/DE, Purdue

The Giants select with their first round pick.... OT GABE CARIMI WISCONSIN

Bump.....

I know I was the worst offender with my second pick, and I'm sorry for that as it was a family emergency and my mind wasn't on the zone that day, but if we get are two days out from the draft without the second round complete then maybe we should institute a picking schedule (ie. communicate a time for a block of picks to sit down and pick one after the other for a 30 minute slot, obviously if your pick comes up before you just make it before the scheduled time and proceed, or if you can't make it then PM your picks to someone that can). The problem is it's hard to predict how long the next person will take, so you don't even think of checking until 3-4 hours roll by (all while you're on the clock), but in reality actually making the pick shouldn't take more than 5 minutes. Using this method as a last resort we can hammer out 15 picks in 30 minutes (in perspective have 75 picks to go and 6 days).

Even if we were to just get a block of 15 picks to all agree to check religiously between say 9-11 am one morning (or whatever time) it can go super fast. I've just seen too many of these drafts flame out because one delay gives way to a longer delay (directly caused by the unpredictability of the first delay). I admit I was the tipping point for the delays and for that I apologize. This isn't a complaint or reflection on anyone, just an observation from being a part of previous drafts.
[ Edited by 49oz2superbowl on Apr 22, 2011 at 1:04 PM ]

Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
Bump.....

I know I was the worst offender with my second pick, and I'm sorry for that as it was a family emergency and my mind wasn't on the zone that day, but if we get are two days out from the draft without the second round complete then maybe we should institute a picking schedule (ie. communicate a time for a block of picks to sit down and pick one after the other for a 30 minute slot, obviously if your pick comes up before you just make it before the scheduled time and proceed, or if you can't make it then PM your picks to someone that can). The problem is it's hard to predict how long the next person will take, so you don't even think of checking until 3-4 hours roll by (all while you're on the clock), but in reality actually making the pick shouldn't take more than 5 minutes. Using this method as a last resort we can hammer out 15 picks in 30 minutes (in perspective have 75 picks to go and 6 days).

Even if we were to just get a block of 15 picks to all agree to check religiously between say 9-11 am one morning (or whatever time) it can go super fast. I've just seen too many of these drafts flame out because one delay gives way to a longer delay (directly caused by the unpredictability of the first delay). I admit I was the tipping point for the delays and for that I apologize. This isn't a complaint or reflection on anyone, just an observation from being a part of previous drafts.

That's one way. Another is to institute a 4 hour time limit on picks. If your pick comes up and you're not available to make a selection within 4 hours, we pick for you. Snooze you lose...
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Bump.....

That's one way. Another is to institute a 4 hour time limit on picks. If your pick comes up and you're not available to make a selection within 4 hours, we pick for you. Snooze you lose...

This is actually the best way to get a good 3 rds.
the bucs select:
Justin Houston, DE, Georgia

as per pm from TexanNiner (hope the sentece was right), the chiefs select:
Phil Taylor, NT, Baylor
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Bump.....

This is actually the best way to get a good 3 rds.

That's fine by me. If I ever space and don't pick or am unavailable, I would hope that somebody makes that pick for me rather than slowing the whole thing down. With that said, even with the 4 hour limit it will be close to impossible to make 75 picks in 5.5 days. Realistically there's only about 10 hours a day that we can expect people to be checking and making their picks... that's 55 hours for 75 picks.
With the 22nd overall pick, the Indianapolis Colts select.

OT- Nate Solder

A HUGE need with great value. Solder is a perfect fit for the pass-happy Colt's offensive system.
Share 49ersWebzone