LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 131 users in the forums

***Webzone Mockumentary - Round 3 - freeforall (Packers) is OTC***

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Sorry guys, I know he's generally hated on this site (for various reasons) but Harbaugh isn't going to pass on Gabbert if he somehow dropped to #7. Not that I think he's the next Joe or even anything close, but he's the top-rated QB in the draft and JH can definitely work with a young talent like Gabbert.

There are couple of reasons why I didn't draft Gabbert.

a) I'm not a fan of Gabbert.
b) There will be another QB available that I really like in 2nd round
c) I wanted to go in a different direction than our last mock
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Sorry guys, I know he's generally hated on this site (for various reasons) but Harbaugh isn't going to pass on Gabbert if he somehow dropped to #7. Not that I think he's the next Joe or even anything close, but he's the top-rated QB in the draft and JH can definitely work with a young talent like Gabbert.

There are couple of reasons why I didn't draft Gabbert.

a) I'm not a fan of Gabbert.
b) There will be another QB available that I really like in 2nd round
c) I wanted to go in a different direction than our last mock

Totally get that and my comment was not directed at you or anyone in particular. I just have a sneaking suspicion that Gabbert is viewed much differently in the halls of NFL team offices than he is here, and I really don't think Baalke/JH would pass on him.
With the 9th pick the Dallas Cowboys select................. OT Tyron Smith

The Cowboys would have had a tough decision if Prince or Fairley had still been on the board. With both of them going in the last 2 picks the pick is an easy one. They get the premier OT in the draft who can play either LT or RT.
With the 10th pick the Washington Redskins run to the podium to select.................

QB Blaine Gabbert Missouri

No chance he will still be there at #10 when the real draft takes place as I cannot see Cincy, Arizona, SF, and Tennessee all passing on Gabbert. The Redskins would dance in the street if that happened.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

No chance he will still be there at #10 when the real draft takes place as I cannot see Cincy, Arizona, SF, and Tennessee all passing on Gabbert. The Redskins would dance in the street if that happened.
i do. whisenhunt doesnt have time to develop a new QB unless the season will be cancelled. i dont see cincy passing up on green if he is available...even if he is gone, cincy still has his 2nd-rounder where they could get a guy like mallett.
[ Edited by communist on Apr 20, 2011 at 10:39 AM ]
Originally posted by communist:

i do.

LOL.. I SERIOUSLY doubt all 4 of these teams with big time QB needs pass on Gabbert. He wont last until #10. This draft went nuts anyway when AJ Green got taken #1.

i do.

LOL.. I SERIOUSLY doubt all 4 of these teams with big time QB needs pass on Gabbert. He wont last until #10. This draft went nuts anyway when AJ Green got taken #1.
me, too...i bolded only two of them. wanted to say that i doubt a gabbert-draft by cincy and the tards. didnt say anything against a titans- or a niners-pick.

i do.

Maybe QBs who regress to 16-9 TD to INT ratio arent that highly thought of despite what Mayock says. Id bet a nickel that Newton,Mallet and Locker get picked beofre Blaine Smith.
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:

i do.

Maybe QBs who regress to 16-9 TD to INT ratio arent that highly thought of despite what Mayock says. Id bet a nickel that Newton,Mallet and Locker get picked beofre Blaine Smith.

LOL... A nickle huh. WOW. Because if it was $1000 and it was secured I would make that bet and give you 2-1 odds.
We should just drop this. With the pace this is going the real draft will be done before this

We should just drop this. With the pace this is going the real draft will be done before this

We just need to skip some people. Its quick n painless to do.

You should never include someone in this type of thing that has an average of 1 post per day. It just doesnt work. Whatever... I'll look from time to time to see if my pick is up.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

You should never include someone in this type of thing that has an average of 1 post per day. It just doesnt work. Whatever... I'll look from time to time to see if my pick is up.

If pick is not made my noon - I'll drop 49oz
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

If pick is not made my noon - I'll drop 49oz

I think 49oz should be dropped now. Nothing personal, but we have to move this along.
i've asked lamontb whether he could take over...of course, it's unoficial b/c 4ML is the boss here, not me.
Share 49ersWebzone