LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 325 users in the forums

***Webzone Mockumentary - Round 3 - freeforall (Packers) is OTC***

Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
By the way.... I did receive a better offer for this pick about 1 minute after I agree to the deal with Ghost. Oh well... not a big deal but if I did wait the amount of time that most have waited on here I would have gotten a MUCH better deal.

2nd and 4th is reasonable. What you wanted from me was just crazy. Anyway, Niners have too many needs and with no CBA deal in sights - Niners feel it's better to wait next year for a QB than draft someone who is coming from spread and won't be ready this year anyway.

Lets hope the Niners dont lose out on one of the top 7 QBs when it counts.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
By the way.... I did receive a better offer for this pick about 1 minute after I agree to the deal with Ghost. Oh well... not a big deal but if I did wait the amount of time that most have waited on here I would have gotten a MUCH better deal.

2nd and 4th is reasonable. What you wanted from me was just crazy. Anyway, Niners have too many needs and with no CBA deal in sights - Niners feel it's better to wait next year for a QB than draft someone who is coming from spread and won't be ready this year anyway.

I know one thing, they won't trade away high pick to move up 4 spots to draft Dalton.
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Apr 25, 2011 at 10:58 AM ]

I know one thing, they won't trade away high pick to move up 4 spots to draft Dalton.

You dont know what they will do nor does anyone else. If they are in love with Dalton they would give up a 3rd to go get him.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

You dont know what they will do nor does anyone else. If they are in love with Dalton they would give up a 3rd to go get him.

Yea, you're right, no one knows. One can only hope that they learned their lesson from last year, after foolishly trading a 4th rounder to move up 2 spots.
The Lions, in dire need of secondary help, select Brandon Harris, CB, Miami.

[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Apr 25, 2011 at 11:17 AM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Niners will stick to their chart and draft the best player on the board. Few years ago, they draft a RB who fell to the 3rd round due to injuries. History has repeated itself, and Niners will again draft a RB who will take over the reigns from Frank Gore and become one of the top RBs in couple of years. Emmitt Smith 2.0 - better and improved.

Niners select:

Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama

[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Apr 25, 2011 at 11:28 AM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
I'll be ecstatic if we end up with Amukamara and Ingram - two top 15 players. I really doubt Ingram will be there though. Pats won't pass him up 3 times.
Denver can't believe their luck. After passing on this guy with their earlier pick to go BPA and address another need on the D-line, their man is still around for their other second round pick.

DT has been a major weakness for the Broncos, but with this draft they are trying to fix that in a big way.

After taking Marcell Dareus with the second overall pick, they draft what they hope will be his long time playing partner with this pick.

The combination of Dareus, Heyward and this combine record shattering stud should turn Denver's D-line from a joke into a contender.

The Broncos select:

Stephen Paea, DT, Oregon State

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
Denver can't believe their luck. After passing on this guy with their earlier pick to go BPA and address another need on the D-line, their man is still around for their other second round pick.

DT has been a major weakness for the Broncos, but with this draft they are trying to fix that in a big way.

After taking Marcell Dareus with the second overall pick, they draft what they hope will be his long time playing partner with this pick.

The combination of Dareus, Heyward and this combine record shattering stud should turn Denver's D-line from a joke into a contender.

The Broncos select:

Stephen Paea, DT, Oregon State

Thought about taking him, but couldn't pass up the value Ingram provides. Broncos line will be completely revamped with your 3 selections.
I'll be ecstatic if we end up with Amukamara and Ingram - two top 15 players. I really doubt Ingram will be there though. Pats won't pass him up 3 times.

True, but we still haven't addressed the most important position on the field (QB) with new/high-end talent. My concern would obviously be that, even though we've added nice talent to both the offense and defense, we're still without a young franchise QB with very few legitimate options left in the draft at this point.

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Rams need to not only protect their QB better, they need to open up lanes for Jackson. Easy pick, Rams select:

Benjamin Ijalana, G/OT, Villanova
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

True, but we still haven't addressed the most important position on the field (QB) with new/high-end talent. My concern would obviously be that, even though we've added nice talent to both the offense and defense, we're still without a young franchise QB with very few legitimate options left in the draft at this point.

I could not agree more Ghost. I will be pissed if the Niners walk away without a QB for the future.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Yes, I understand what you're saying - but we aren't a QB away from being contenders. We have a lot of holes, and with no CBA - drafting a spread QB this year or drafting a Pro-Style offense QB next year is the same thing.
he has to be our qb of the future and not just a qb which was drafted in the first three rounds.
if we dont have a shot on our favs, we shouldnt go after option 219537295 just b/c we are so qb-needy. pass-rush and CB are huge needs for years as well and we dont know anything about franklin, sopoaga has to upgraded and so on.
[ Edited by communist on Apr 25, 2011 at 11:59 AM ]
Originally posted by communist:
he has to be our qb of the future and not just a qb which was drafted in the first three rounds.
if we dont have a shot on our favs, we shouldnt go after option 219537295 just b/c we are so qb-needy. pass-rush and CB is a huge need for years as well and we dont know anything about franklin, sopoaga has to upgraded and so on.

That was kind of my point though. We should aggressively go after OUR guy, whoever that is and whatever round that might be...lock the QB position down first and do whatever it takes to get THAT guy, then begin re-building the rest of the roster.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Apr 25, 2011 at 11:59 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone