LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 290 users in the forums

Matt Barrows' latest mock

• zero
  • Veteran
Pretty sure Gabbert Doesn't get passed the Tards as the Bidwell's have an Uber man crush on him

I see it playing out like this

1) Cam Newton
2) Marcell Dareus
3) Von Miller
4) AJ Green
5) Gabbert
6) Julio Jones
7) Patrick Peterson

seems more likely but then again, what the hell do I know?
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
see! he thinks AZ is gonna take peterson too

althout it would suck for us they would be stupid too they dont have any pass rushers no qb there secondary is acually there strength

i think they make a play for a vet qb, aka Bulger. good chance they grab peterson if miller aint there

i also expect that daerus and maybe even fairley are considered
I would love to trade back and take Prince or Quinn but I don't want to trade up for Kaep. Only QB's I'd want to trade up for would be Ponder or Dalton.
I think Barrows watches too much Mayock and Kiper...

Gabbert is terrible, why would anyone draft a QB that couldnt put up more than a 2:1 TD to INT ratio in a spread offense IN THE TOP 10? No pocket presence, no experience dropping back.
Don't like the QB selection but it's not my mock.
What do the they get from the Redskins to move up 3 spots? That is not really clear.

The Redskins do not have a 3rd or 4th round pick this year to give away anyway.
Originally posted by chinawildman:

Gabbert is terrible, why would anyone draft a QB that couldnt put up more than a 2:1 TD to INT ratio in a spread offense IN THE TOP 10? No pocket presence, no experience dropping back.

College TD:INT ratio really doesnt' mean much. A lot depends on the system, the players at the skill positions, and the conference. Franchise QBs are solid gold. If he busts they loose 4 to 7 years. But if they hit, then the team is a perennial post-season threat and actually competing for a championship.

I personally think he will be good, not great, but enough to become a franchise QB that is dependable and playoff worthy. Plus, if a franchise QB and Harbaugh combo produced multiple playoff apperances, revenue would increase and push a new stadium into existance sooner. This would in tern create more revenue for the team and the overall losing mentality that has smothered us for so long will be lifted...

or he could bust and be completed lost in a pro-style, drop-back, play-action offense.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

College TD:INT ratio really doesnt' mean much. A lot depends on the system, the players at the skill positions, and the conference. Franchise QBs are solid gold. If he busts they loose 4 to 7 years. But if they hit, then the team is a perennial post-season threat and actually competing for a championship.

I personally think he will be good, not great, but enough to become a franchise QB that is dependable and playoff worthy. Plus, if a franchise QB and Harbaugh combo produced multiple playoff apperances, revenue would increase and push a new stadium into existance sooner. This would in tern create more revenue for the team and the overall losing mentality that has smothered us for so long will be lifted...

or he could bust and be completed lost in a pro-style, drop-back, play-action offense.

I would be disappointed if we didn't take Gabbert and traded out of it. I believe Gabbert represents the highest probability of securing a franchise QB
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Ok how about yards per attempt, a general gauge of a quarterback's effectiveness? Gabbert's YPA last year is 6.7 yds/attempt, good for 85th... Not exactly inspiring. System and conference? How about texas tech's Taylor Potts who also plays in a spread offense in the same conference? Better YPA, 35 TDs to 10 INTs, better passing %... What excuse does Gabbert have?
Kapernick in the first would be the biggest mistake of the draft.

Originally posted by Sjceruti:

exactly! pass on him and draft Stanzi in the second
Originally posted by backontop:

Honestly, I'd rather have Stanzi, but I dont think either will be good pros and drafting either before the 3rd to be would be a waste.

Honestly, I'd rather have Stanzi, but I dont think either will be good pros and drafting either before the 3rd to be would be a waste.

Stanzi is going to be the best QB in this draft class.

I have to admit what little I saw of Stanzi in the Senior Bowl I was impressed, he had the look of an NFL QB. However I still think ppl aren't giving Mallett a fair shake. He could easily have a great rookie season on a team like the Vikings.

I have to admit what little I saw of Stanzi in the Senior Bowl I was impressed, he had the look of an NFL QB. However I still think ppl aren't giving Mallett a fair shake. He could easily have a great rookie season on a team like the Vikings.

put him on a team like ohhh I don't know say the Panthers and he will just be another bust. It is all about the system in which the QB plays in.
Share 49ersWebzone