LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 446 users in the forums

Who are your guys risers and fallers with 2 weeks till draft week

Not sure if posted, if so please merge mods.

But who are your big risers and fallers.

I think the biggest rising prospect may be Taiwan Jones, Ill admit I didnt have him in my 4 rd mock, and thats my mistake, this kid will not make it out of rd 2-early 3rd round.
Rising - Ryan Mallett
Falling - Blaine Gabbert
Rising- Cameron Jordan

Falling- Nick Fairley
Rising: Quinn, Jordan, T. Smith, P. Taylor, Wilkerson, Mallett, Ponder, Dalton, Kaepernick, J. Smith, Reed.

Dropping: Fairley, Bowers, Amukamara, Locker, Ingram, Ayers
Rising -- Liuget

Falling -- Fairly

Dropping like a rock -- Bowers
I really question how guys can rise or fall at this point based on anything but . The Combine and pro days are history and are questionable, at best, as a way to evaluate NFL talent. So now you have nothing but talking heads like Dukes and others trying to get a fake headline, or a kid runs a fast 40 and we all know how important it is to run in a straight line in the NFL.

With teams looking at guys they want and DON'T want to manipulate draft position, I'm really skeptical about what's being said at this point.

A few years back after the draft Scott M. said they had ONLY 20 players on their board as first rounders. That gave me some real insight in to what scouts, coaches and GMs think compared to everyone else. (Not saying Scott was the best at his job)

I do understand some medical issues come up but even some of that gets made up.
[ Edited by NorthNiner on Apr 16, 2011 at 8:32 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Rising - my penis
Falling - my pants

Rising - Dalton, Ponder
Falling - Bowers, Ingram
[ Edited by mayo49 on Apr 16, 2011 at 8:42 AM ]
Originally posted by ninertico:
Rising: Quinn, Jordan, T. Smith, P. Taylor, Wilkerson, Mallett, Ponder, Dalton, Kaepernick, J. Smith, Reed.

Dropping: Fairley, Bowers, Amukamara, Locker, Ingram, Ayers

He was on NFL network yesterday. That dude has arms down to his knee caps.
Rising- Mallet, Wilkerson, Liuget, Dalton, Rudolph
Falling- Bowers, Ingram, Phil Taylor
Rising: Jake Locker, Andy Dalton, Christian Ponder, Aldon Smith, Cameron Jordan.

Falling: Robert Quinn, Phil Taylor, Daquan Bowers.

Im predicting a run on the 2nd tier qbs that could begin as early as the 8th pick with the Titans. I assume the Redskins, Jaguars, Vikings, & Seahawks must be considering reaching for a qb as well. Much like the Bucs did taking Josh Freeman early, despite the belief that he wasn't on the same level as Mathew Stafford or Mark Sanchez.

I'm hoping the Niners can get back into the first & take Ponder, but I'd settle for Dalton.
[ Edited by GMniner805 on Apr 17, 2011 at 8:26 PM ]

At this point I hope we're not over evaluating these players which is what happens when the draft gets close. The biggest fall imo is Daquan Bowers. He was considered to be the top pick in the draft and now I wouldn't touch him in the 1st rd. Seems slow and simply not healthy. The big rider again in the kid Taiwan Jones. I'm high on the kid and if he can stay healthy could be a steal. He's the hr threat we need out the backfield
Share 49ersWebzone