LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 242 users in the forums

4ML's April Mock Draft (trade down)

Dude we gotta take Von Miller if he's there @ 7 ... he won't be but gotta take him if he is .. P. Willy and V.Miller would be EPIC!!! .. i trust Harbaurgh knows this QB class better than anyone and can pull a starter out of the 3rd or 4th round and we get a Vet like Hasslebeck or Palmer to bridge the gap.. maybe make a full court press for A. Luck next year who i think is gonna drop without his coach his senior year... "Locker"
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by iceberg450r:
Dude we gotta take Von Miller if he's there @ 7 ... he won't be but gotta take him if he is .. P. Willy and V.Miller would be EPIC!!! .. i trust Harbaurgh knows this QB class better than anyone and can pull a starter out of the 3rd or 4th round and we get a Vet like Hasslebeck or Palmer to bridge the gap.. maybe make a full court press for A. Luck next year who i think is gonna drop without his coach his senior year... "Locker"

I understand that, but having Reed, Jordan, and Willis will be more epic. There is some serious talent in top 18, and interestingly enough - everyone projected in top 10 have one issue or another...but some of the players going around 15 - have a slightly lower ceiling but a much lower bust factor.

Let's take Von Miller - can he hold up health-wise in a 3-4 D regularly? I have huge doubts about that. Von Miller had his issues in the run game in 4-3, and can be exposed in 3-4. But, Cameron Jordan played extensively in 3-4 and will be a great fit opposite Justin Smith.

Brooks Reed...we don't have to worry about him holding up in 3-4 or not. We don't have to worry about him playing at DE in passing situations. Dude is built like a truck and at 260lbs - is almost as quick as Miller (look at their 20-yard dash...just a different of .05)
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
pats don't trade up.

I liked this mock until I realized the same thing. Pats always seem to trade down, not up.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
pats don't trade up.

I liked this mock until I realized the same thing. Pats always seem to trade down, not up.

Bill Walsh also liked to trade down, but when he really wanted a player - he reversed that trend. Bill Belichick can be unpredictable, and if they really fall in love with a player, they'd make a move if they believe that player won't be there around their pick.
Share 49ersWebzone