LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 134 users in the forums

PTulini's Mock Draft- Version 2 (04/14/11)

Re-signed/Restructured

CB Nate Clements
QB Alex Smith
LB Travis LaBoy
C David Baas
LB Takeo Spikes
K Jeff Reed
G Tony Wragge
DE Ray McDonald
S Dashon Goldson

Released/Free Agent

DT Aubrayo Franklin
FB Moran Norris
DE/OLB Manny Lawson
OT Barry Sims
RB Brian Westbrook
DT Demetric Evans
CB Will James
K Joe Nedney

2011 49ers Draft Class

*Traded #45 (2nd round) and #108 (4th round) to the NE Patriots for #33 (2nd round)

1. 1st round, # 7 (7th overall)
DE/OLB Robert Quinn, UNC

2. 2nd round, # 1 (33rd overall)
QB Andy Dalton, TCU

3. 3rd round, # 12 (76th overall)
CB Ras-I Dowling, Virginia

4. 4th round, # 18 (115th overall) *from San Diego in 2010 draft-day trade
DE/DT Jarvis Jenkins, Clemson

5. 5th round, # 10 (141st overall)
RB Da'rel Scott, Maryland

6. 6th round, # 9 (174th overall)
WR Ronald Johnson, USC

7. 6th round, # 25 (190th overall) *from Seattle for Kentwan Balmer
QB TJ Yates, UNC

8. 7th round, # 8 (210th overall)
DE/OLB Mario Addison, Troy

9. 7th round, # 30 (230th overall) *from Detroit for Shaun Hill, originally belonged to N.Y. Jets
FB Anthony Sherman, UConn

10. 7th round #38 (238th overall) *Compensatory Pick
K Kai Forbath, UCLA

11. 7th round #49 (249th overall)* Compensatory Pick
OG Andrew Phillips, Stanford
I'd be satisfied with Quinn & Dalton. Still think we're gonna draft owen marecic
Looks good Pat, love the draft, lets get it done Harbaugh/Baalke
Not bad, but I don't think Scott and Jenkins will make it to those spots, Pat.

Think we'd look at a guy like Harvey, Bruce Miller, Cliff Matthews, or Eddie Jones perhaps at the spot that Addison's in.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Not bad, but I don't think Scott and Jenkins will make it to those spots, Pat.

Think we'd look at a guy like Harvey, Bruce Miller, Cliff Matthews, or Eddie Jones perhaps at the spot that Addison's in.

Thanks for the feedback! Sometimes it's hard to tell who might go where.
[ Edited by PTulini on Apr 14, 2011 at 10:38 PM ]
good draft! and what makes it more awesome is that you forgot the other 4th round pick!! so plug someone in there!
Originally posted by 49erfan3252:
good draft! and what makes it more awesome is that you forgot the other 4th round pick!! so plug someone in there!

No, I traded that pick to move up in the 2nd round.
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by 49erfan3252:

No, I traded that pick to move up in the 2nd round.

whoops didn't see that..guess i was too excited about your mock! wouldn't be mad if the draft turned out that way
What qbs are available at 33 in your scenario?
Originally posted by teeohh:

Newton, Gabbert, Locker, and Mallett would be gone. It was a toss up between Dalton and Ponder for me at #33.

I think PT is one of the best posters we have and I have a great deal of respect for his opinions.

I do have one thought, however. Because of uncertainty at G/C (Baas, Rachel, Heitman) I would like to see a G/C drafted higher - perhaps in the 5th round, and get our RB in the 6th. New England seems to be able to get top flight WRs in the 7th or as undrafted FAs. We should also.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by teeohh:

Newton, Gabbert, Locker, and Mallett would be gone. It was a toss up between Dalton and Ponder for me at #33.

I think we have to get to #28 and the Pats to get Ponder or Dalton, IMO.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Apr 14, 2011 at 11:55 PM ]
Originally posted by excelsior:
I think PT is one of the best posters we have and I have a great deal of respect for his opinions.

I do have one thought, however. Because of uncertainty at G/C (Baas, Rachel, Heitman) I would like to see a G/C drafted higher - perhaps in the 5th round, and get our RB in the 6th. New England seems to be able to get top flight WRs in the 7th or as undrafted FAs. We should also.

I appreciate the compliment. I don't think I'm so great though.
Originally posted by excelsior:

I appreciate the compliment. I don't think I'm so great though.

Awww thats soooo sweet... lol nah Pat your are a good quality informative poster though. Great first two picks if Ponder was there I would probally take him over Dalton but it would be a toss up none the less. I like the Dowling pick as well. I would love to some how come up with Demarco Murray in the 4th or 5th though. You filled alot of needy spots in here as well. When Free Agency opens up we will be rolling.
wow great mock!
Share 49ersWebzone