There are 182 users in the forums

Gil Brandt's New Top 100

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81f2ce4b/article/pro-days-results-tweak-latest-topprospects-list?module=News_CP

Tier 1

Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama
Can play in both 3-4 and 4-3 defensive schemes. Had 4.5 sacks for Crimson Tide in 2010. Plays hard every play. Ran a faster first 10 yards of the 40-yard dash than Nick Fairley.

Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn, 6-5, 300
Only played two seasons at Auburn after spending first two years at junior college. Had 11.5 sacks for Tigers in 2010.

Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri, 6-4, 235
Two-year starter. Mobility a strength. Completed 63.4 percent of his passes in 2010. He had an outstanding workout at Missouri's pro day, taking snaps from under center and completing his first 35 throws.

A.J. Green, WR, Georgia, 6-3, 212
Was suspended four games in 2010 by NCAA for sale of a bowl jersey. Still finished with 57 catches and nine TDs. His pro day workout was impressive, running a 4.49 40-yard dash and looking good in drills.

Julio Jones, WR, Alabama, 6-4, 211
Able to return kicks. Had 78 catches for 1,133 yards and seven touchdowns last season. Had same injury as Michael Crabtree two years ago, but still went through the combine workouts and ran 4.42. Kid looks like he'll be good.

Von Miller, OLB, Texas A&M, 6-2, 240
Led the nation in sacks as a junior and even had 10.5 last year despite an early-season injury. Had a great pro day workout, running 4.47 in the 40 and posting 21 bench presses at 225 pounds.

Cam Newton, QB, Auburn, 6-5, 245
Only a one-year college player, but he passed for 30 TDs and ran for 20, with a 66.1 completion percentage. At combine, he threw the ball at 56 miles per hour. Had a good pro day on March 7, missing just six of 50 passes in very windy conditions.

Patrick Peterson, DB, LSU, 6-0, 215
Very good return man. Able to cover the pass and play strong against the run. Player with least risk in first round.

Robert Quinn, DE, North Carolina, 6-5, 254
Missed the entire 2010 season after violating NCAA rules. In 2009, he had 11 sacks. Ran 4.60 and 4.65 at his pro day on March 31.

Tyron Smith, OT, USC
He's a natural fit on the right side but can play left tackle without any question. Worked out at pro day with former NFL coach Alex Gibbs, who says Smith will be a Pro Bowl tackle.

We have more tier 1 prospects than last year. One of these mofos better be a Niner. I hope we won't be in the top 10 anymore so we better get an "elite" prospect while we can.

Don't you feel the same?
agree with you, but not the elite rankings.

Amukamara is a better prospect to me then Gabbert.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

You know AB, I really went out of my way to get as much info on the Webz about this cat and I have really changed my tune especially seeing him on "Game Changers". I can see his technique and film study. I would agree that he should be Tier 1, but I see more analysts moving up guys like Jordan, Watt and now the OT Smith.

I am starting to come around for Amukamara at #7 if Peterson, Miller, Dareus, and Quinn are off the board.

Looks like Jones is climbing into the top 10 in place of Bowers, huh? Goody for us! I can see even the Rams trying to move into #6 for him.
I just don't see how Tyron Smith is a top ten player.
Switch Tyron Smith for Amukamara and you have my list.
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

You know AB, I really went out of my way to get as much info on the Webz about this cat and I have really changed my tune especially seeing him on "Game Changers". I can see his technique and film study. I would agree that he should be Tier 1, but I see more analysts moving up guys like Jordan, Watt and now the OT Smith.

I am starting to come around for Amukamara at #7 if Peterson, Miller, Dareus, and Quinn are off the board.

Looks like Jones is climbing into the top 10 in place of Bowers, huh? Goody for us! I can see even the Rams trying to move into #6 for him.

Indeed bud. I like Prince if those 4 are gone.
Share 49ersWebzone