LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 350 users in the forums

Nick's 4/14 Top 10 Mock

I haven't posted a mock in a while, here it is. Probably the biggest notes here are that the Panthers choose Gabbert over Cam, the Bills pass on a QB, and Cincy pulls the trigger on Cam. We get an elite CB.

1. Carolina (2-14) - QB Blaine Gabbert, Mizzou - Biggest need, best QB in the draft. New face of the franchise. Gabbert is a much, much safer pick than Cam and can play as a rookie.

2. Denver (4-12) - DT Marcel Dareus, Alabama - Switching to a 4-3, will be a mean D-line with Dumervil, Dareus, and Ayers.

3. Buffalo (4-12) - OLB/DE Von Miller, Texas A&M - Cam Newton won't be the pick; If Fitzpatrick doesn't play well in '11, the coach will be fired. New regimes mean new quarterbacks, and 2012 is a great year for QBs.

4. Cincinnati (4-12) - QB Cam Newton, Auburn - This sure is a Bengals pick, isn't it? The Bengals are in love with him and local reporting indicates that he's the pick if he's there.

5. Arizona (5-11) - OLB/DE Robert Quinn, UNC - Biggest need, Arizona really likes Von Miller and Quinn

6. Cleveland (5-11) - WR AJ Green, Georgia - Cleveland gets their guy.

7. San Francisco (6-10) - CB Patrick Peterson, LSU - Yay! With Von Miller and Robert Quinn gone, this is really a no-brainer

8. Tennessee (6-10) - DT Nick Fairley, Auburn - They Finally replace Haynesworth

9. Dallas (6-10) - best OT on the board - Probably Tyron Smith, I don't know for sure. I would put Prince in this spot, but I read from the Cowboys beat writer that they don't like him too much.

10. Washington (6-10) - WR Julio Jones, Alabama - Shanny will get his QB in Rd 2, WR is the biggest need for the Skins.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think Arizona takes Peterson if Newton and Gabbert are gone, IMO.
Originally posted by mayo49:

They definitely could, but I think pass-rusher is a bigger need for them. Plus, teams usually put more value on DEs and 3-4 OLBs than corners.

that could happen, and if it doesn't I'm not sure he gets past Cleveland. Either the Browns take him or somebody trades up at that spot.
Originally posted by lamontb:

that could happen, and if it doesn't I'm not sure he gets past Cleveland. Either the Browns take him or somebody trades up at that spot.

I can see that happening, but I dont know if it would be for Green or Peterson. Either way, we'd have the other guy plus Amukamara to select from. Not bad!
Originally posted by nickbradley:
I haven't posted a mock in a while, here it is. Probably the biggest notes here are that the Panthers choose Gabbert over Cam, the Bills pass on a QB, and Cincy pulls the trigger on Cam. We get an elite CB.

1. Carolina (2-14) - QB Blaine Gabbert, Mizzou - Biggest need, best QB in the draft. New face of the franchise. Gabbert is a much, much safer pick than Cam and can play as a rookie.

2. Denver (4-12) - DT Marcel Dareus, Alabama - Switching to a 4-3, will be a mean D-line with Dumervil, Dareus, and Ayers.

3. Buffalo (4-12) - OLB/DE Von Miller, Texas A&M - Cam Newton won't be the pick; If Fitzpatrick doesn't play well in '11, the coach will be fired. New regimes mean new quarterbacks, and 2012 is a great year for QBs.

4. Cincinnati (4-12) - QB Cam Newton, Auburn - This sure is a Bengals pick, isn't it? The Bengals are in love with him and local reporting indicates that he's the pick if he's there.

5. Arizona (5-11) - OLB/DE Robert Quinn, UNC - Biggest need, Arizona really likes Von Miller and Quinn

6. Cleveland (5-11) - WR AJ Green, Georgia - Cleveland gets their guy.

7. San Francisco (6-10) - CB Patrick Peterson, LSU - Yay! With Von Miller and Robert Quinn gone, this is really a no-brainer

8. Tennessee (6-10) - DT Nick Fairley, Auburn - They Finally replace Haynesworth

9. Dallas (6-10) - best OT on the board - Probably Tyron Smith, I don't know for sure. I would put Prince in this spot, but I read from the Cowboys beat writer that they don't like him too much.

10. Washington (6-10) - WR Julio Jones, Alabama - Shanny will get his QB in Rd 2, WR is the biggest need for the Skins.

Hmmm...I'd switch Cam and Blaine, but this could very well happen. The cards may take Quinn's potential cause they need a pass rusher and they could still get a decent CB with their next pick. Think about it, first you draft to win your division. Right now the cards have the most feared WR (not counting TE which usually has a safety or OLB covering them), the rest of the division don't really have anyone that requires a lockdown corner and a pass rusher helps the secondary.
Share 49ersWebzone