LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 345 users in the forums

sucks

reports are that tcu olineman marcus cannon has been diagnosed with testicular cancer
poor kid, I wonder if he found out due to medical test from combine?

Early detection is key, another reason to play with your balls..."Hey honey, I was checking for lumps!"

Hope his recovery is quick
damn, I have Him in the 2nd round.

And I wish Him the best, hope all goes well.
TCU refutes report that says Marcus Cannon has testicular cancer - Yahoo

Quote:
It''s 100 percent inaccurate," media relations director Mark Cohen told National Football Post. "It's a false report. It stunned me. You wonder where did it come from? It's disappointing that someone could just throw that out there."

Biopsy expected to confirm Marcus Cannon doesn't have cancer - PFT
[ Edited by PTulini on Apr 14, 2011 at 6:49 PM ]
Bioposy Shows that Marcus Cannon Doesn't Have Cancer

Quote:
Per a source with knowledge of the situation, a biopsy performed today (which was set up more than a week ago at the request of one team) confirmed that the mass, which has been present for years and is in his stomach/pelvic area, is benign. A letter will be sent by the doctor to all teams within the next 24-to-48 hours explaining the situation.
Originally posted by Travisty13:

Quote:
Per a source with knowledge of the situation, a biopsy performed today (which was set up more than a week ago at the request of one team) confirmed that the mass, which has been present for years and is in his stomach/pelvic area, is benign. A letter will be sent by the doctor to all teams within the next 24-to-48 hours explaining the situation.

i am glad to be proven wrong on this one
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by Travisty13:

Quote:

i am glad to be proven wrong on this one

I'm with you. Sucks when people get cancer anyways. Sad to hear when a 20 year old who is about to start a career (regardless of being an athlete or not) and that career was close to being put on hold because of an illness. Good thing that he's healthy and I hope him the best.
glad to hear it, Im hoping it doesnt affect his draft stock, it would be bs.

but if say he falls, lets get him, i would love to plug him into RG, could be a great OG for yrs.
I can't imagine this having any affect on his stock. This kind of cancer from what I recall is generally easily removed too, so even if he did have it I think it'd be taken care of quickly.

I personally believe Cannon will be a top 50 pick. Outstanding mobility for a monster of a man and just a heck of a player. He's one of the top RT prospects in this draft and at worst would make a fantastic guard -- it depends on the need of who takes him.

I think Dallas is a very likely option if they pass on OL in the first. He could be their next Larry Allen.
I hate to be the "bearer of bad news", but it looks like Cannon's benign tumor is actually cancer. Sucks, first it was cancer, then it wasn't, now it's back to being cancer. Hope he gets better quickly.
Source: Marcus Cannon has cancer
Quote:
TCU offensive lineman Marcus Cannon has a treatable form of lymphoma that was discovered in the run-up to the NFL draft, sources tell ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

According to multiple media reports, Cannon was diagnosed with a benign growth in his groin area over four years ago, but physicals for the draft revealed that it had grown. A biopsy and further tests revealed that the 6-foot-6, 350-pound senior has non-Hodgkin lymphoma.

Cannon's representatives have released a medical report to all 32 NFL teams, sources told Schefter.

Cannon will begin chemotherapy Wednesday and will have three more treatments over the next three months. Because of his age and health, Cannon faces a success rate for beating the cancer of more than 90 percent.

The NFL draft begins Thursday, and ESPN's Todd McShay has Cannon ranked as the 11th best offensive lineman in the nation.

Hopefully they caught it in time.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Hopefully they caught it in time.

I agree. Plus it says he has a 90% chance of beating the cancer. I wish him luck.
Share 49ersWebzone