LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 270 users in the forums

Funky Chicken's Sure to be Controversial Mock

If Locker ends up being the Franchise, then this Mock will be good. Only time will tell.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
If Locker is the pick, then we can plan on ZERO contributions from our 1st rounder for 2 years, maybe more..

He is nowhere near NFL ready right now. He may have great upside, but make no mistake he would be a long term investment.

I would much rather see us taking Peterson, Darius, Quinn or Amukamara.

Where I'm coming from with this mock is very simple. I would rather have an investment in a future QB than continue to be a team with stars on D but no QB. Teams with pro bowl D players but no QB do not consistently win post season games.

Even if we draft Darius and he is as good as advertised we still won't be a contender until we get a QB.

But on the flip side, if we get a franchise QB we will be a contender, with or without a player like Darius.

So to me, taking Locker at 7 is worth the risk. I totally respect why other's feel differently, but that's how I feel.
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
If Locker is the pick, then we can plan on ZERO contributions from our 1st rounder for 2 years, maybe more..

He is nowhere near NFL ready right now. He may have great upside, but make no mistake he would be a long term investment.

I would much rather see us taking Peterson, Darius, Quinn or Amukamara.

Where I'm coming from with this mock is very simple. I would rather have an investment in a future QB than continue to be a team with stars on D but no QB. Teams with pro bowl D players but no QB do not consistently win post season games.

Even if we draft Darius and he is as good as advertised we still won't be a contender until we get a QB.

But on the flip side, if we get a franchise QB we will be a contender, with or without a player like Darius.

So to me, taking Locker at 7 is worth the risk. I totally respect why other's feel differently, but that's how I feel.

Aaaa . . . MEN!!

Props to you man. You are a guy who TOTALLY gets it. As for me, I can certainly accept what other may feel in this regard. But respect . . . well that's a whole other thing altogether.

Every year for the past five, the coversation has been the same. The QB position has been comprehensively ignored. All the experts are discussing the nuances of all the other positions except for the QB. Somehow the talent at the QB position has never been good enough. Or its "next year is a MUCH better year for QBs". This year is no different. Even though there isn't even a legitimate contender for the position on the roster. So you tell me . . . how do you "respect" thinking like that. It's just retarded. Seemingly, the FO's thinking is along a similar vein. That's why the team is in the position it's in. Losers. And it will remain this way until management modifies it's thinking. We'll see what the new regime does.

But you have stated it eloquantly. Until the QB situation is resolved satisfactorily, all the other positions are irrelevant.
Right after I saw Jake Locker at #7...

Share 49ersWebzone