There are 207 users in the forums

My top 15 mock draft - Green #1, trade, Jordan climbs, Ingram goes top 15.

• Chief
  • Veteran
Panthers
A.J. Green, WR, Georgia
*Possible they go Cam Newton or even Marcell Dareus here but Green is one of the best receiver prospects in a long time and Steve Smith is leaving. Green is the safer pick compared to the two QB's projected to go first.

Broncos
Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama
*There is a chance they pick up Patrick Peterson and throw the top 10 for a loop as far as mock drafts are concerned. However, they could pick up a younger DB later and hope Champ keeps playing at the high level. Dareus would put a wall in the middle of the D-line for years and boost the defense.

Bills
Von Miller, DE/OLB, Texas A&M
*Big chance they pick up Cam Newton or Blaine Gabbert here but Von Miller is just what they need and could make an impact day one.

Bengals
Cam Newton, QB, Auburn
*The Bengals could be a landing spot for Blaine Gabbert but they go for the most dynamic player in the draft. A.J. Green would be the guy but he is gone, Cam Newton is the future.

Carinals
Patrick Peterson | CB | LSU
*I have a feeling this won't be the Cardinals making this pick but it will still be Patrick Peterson going off the board. If the Cardinals don't find a trade partner they would pick up Peterson or Blaine Gabbert.

Browns
Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn
*This was a tough pick for me, I really wanted to say Robert Quinn here but with changing to a 4-3 defense I could see them wanting to beef up the defensive line starting in the middle.

49ers
Blaine Gabbert | QB | Missouri
*This is a real toss up, I go back and forth on Gabbert, Quinn, Cameron Jordan and Amukamara. We obviously have an issue at QB and it is the reason our team is where they are and picking at 7, Gabbert is the man.

Titans
Cameron Jordan | DE | California
*Possible they will go for Julio Jones at this spot with their dumbass receiver getting arrested. Also could go Quinn but I think most teams feel Jordan is a safer pick, if Jordan is here they draft him and surprise everyone. Yes, I know that Quinn is still on the board but I think he drops out of the top 10.

Cowboys
Tyron Smith | OT | USC
*Almost had to do a coin flip here with Smith and J.J. Watt, but Romo has a broken heart and needs some pass protection and Dallas is bound to sign one of their FA defensive linemen.

Lions from Redskins
Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska
*I don't believe this will be the Redskins making this pick but it will be Prince Amukamara. I think someone will move up (Lions to jump the Texans maybe?) and the Redskins will drop back a couple spots hoping to pick up Julio Jones.

Texans
Robert Quinn, DE, North Carolina
*The Texans were sad to see Amukamara get picked before them but very happy that Quinn is still on the board.

Vikings
J.J. Watt, DE, Wisconsin
*It is possible the Vikings reach here and pick Ryan Mallet or Jake Locker but I think they go for the safer pick and get mister motor, Justin Smith junior.

Redskins from Lions
Julio Jones, WR, Alabama
*This trade idea might mess up my whole mock but I could see it happening.

Rams
Da’Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson
*They draft a DE here, I'm not sure which one but I think they go for the boom or bust player.

Dolphins
Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama
*Everyone has them taking Pouncey the center from Florida and that could happen if they have faith that Brown can stay healthy. I see them picking up Ingram to keep their running back stable stocked.

*My secondary possible pick.
DISCLAIMER: Don't hate, it is only a mock. I only did top 10 because I am lazy, weeeeee!

Not what I want but this is what I could see happening.
[ Edited by Chief on Apr 26, 2011 at 5:54 PM ]
cam newton?

swag

jk lol, im indifferent with newton, i'd be a little surprised, but some part of me can see this happen
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 209ers:
cam newton?

swag

jk lol, im indifferent with newton, i'd be a little surprised, but some part of me can see this happen

I want Patrick Peterson or Von Miller.. This is just what I think could happen come draft day.
no we were picking newton harbaugh and baalke arent interested at all
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

You talked to them about it during dinner in the past couple weeks?
Newton will sell himself to the bozos in Carolina. Hope this doesn't happen.
Originally posted by Chief:

were 2 of top 10 teams and and 3 of top 15 not calling him in for a private workout

not to mention harbaugh didnt go to his proday

i dont need to go to a math professor to add 2+2
  • Chief
  • Veteran

were 2 of top 10 teams and and 3 of top 15 not calling him in for a private workout

I don't think that matters, in all honesty it happens all the time.
Chief, you might just be on the mark with Newton. I'm not a Newton fan, but suppose, just suppose, that Harbaugh is NOT playing mind games, but is being totally honest and forthright with his "plutonium-grade, once-every-ten-years"" comment about Newton?

If you don't have an NFL starting QB, you don't pass up one in the draft. And if there is a startig QB there, he will most likely be found in Round 1. That guy may or may not be Newton, but I do see a QB as the Niners' Round 1 pick.

York has to put butts in seats. Some revenue-producing games may never be played in 2011, due to the delay in a new CBA. A CB or OLB in Round 1 is not going to put butts in seats, like a QB selection. I like both Miller and Peterson, but I smell Baalke sending a QB name up to the rostrum in Round 1.
[ Edited by jimbagg on Apr 11, 2011 at 5:58 PM ]

i doubt any team will take a qb in the first round ( especially a top 10 pick) without getting a private workout let alone the proday
[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on Apr 11, 2011 at 5:54 PM ]

• Chief
  • Veteran

i doubt any team will take a qb in the first round ( especially a top 10 pick) without getting a private workout let alone the proday

Well, it is my mock and if you don't like it you can't have any lemonade.
Lemonade?
I realize it could happen, but if it did I would be pissed nonetheless.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sdninerfan:
Lemonade?

squeezed lemons with sugar, you can't have any.
will throw my remote through my tv if we drafted freaking newton, but then again my tv will be safe because some idiotic team will pick him before us saving us fans that dont want him a domestic violence charge. plus im 100% confident even if he drops to us were passing him up
Share 49ersWebzone