[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvLqV7tmZDs&feature=youtu.be[/video]

FAIL!

Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by valrod33:

FAIL!

well spank me in the ass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvLqV7tmZDs&feature=youtu.be
Anyone watch the video of Terrelle Pryor in the Fran Gore recovery thread? Pryor's arm looks great, but his drop backs look really shaky....really not even in the same league as Cam Newton in his drops. He looks almost like any old guy trying to look like he knows how to drop back.
Originally posted by Wodwo:

FAIL!

well spank me in the ass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvLqV7tmZDs&feature=youtu.be

"whos the fatass at 1:03?" LOL
Originally posted by Baugh_Area:
Anyone watch the video of Terrelle Pryor in the Fran Gore recovery thread? Pryor's arm looks great, but his drop backs look really shaky....really not even in the same league as Cam Newton in his drops. He looks almost like any old guy trying to look like he knows how to drop back.

Not really seeing that. His drop backs look fine, but it's not like he'll never be able to improve in that area. Any NFL QB coach can help him tighten that up in 1 training camp.

Not really referring to you, but I really don't get all the hate this kid is attracting. He may not be a 1st-round caliber QB, but he's got a ton of tools/potential and is definitely worth drafting/developing with a mid-round pick for a team that already has a solid starter.
Frankly, I think he has a better chance at making it than Cam Newton. But frankly, I think both will be busts.
Originally posted by aman49:
Frankly, I think he has a better chance at making it than Cam Newton. But frankly, I think both will be busts.

This
Originally posted by filthydogma:

This

i agree
Wasnt all that impressed with the video. Shows allot of inaccuracy for throwing with no pass rush in his face. I would think a cut up of all his best throws for the day would of been a little cleaner, definately some high throws and to me his delivery seemed a little inconsistent. At some points in the video it seems like a long wind up and at other it looks like he is doing the Carr shotput throw. He is a hell of an athlete but his arm still doesn't show anything more then spending a 5th round pick in the Supp Draft.

just my $0.02

I thought the ball placement was pretty nice. That's something that Cam lacks, IMO. Pryor's dropback was alright, a little stiff, as with most rookies. He just looks awkward after he drops back and plants, to me.

I don't think there's much to gain from the video. I still think he'll go in the 3rd, with a slim chance of the 2nd round.
he looks awkward to me.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Not really seeing that. His drop backs look fine, but it's not like he'll never be able to improve in that area. Any NFL QB coach can help him tighten that up in 1 training camp.

Not really referring to you, but I really don't get all the hate this kid is attracting. He may not be a 1st-round caliber QB, but he's got a ton of tools/potential and is definitely worth drafting/developing with a mid-round pick for a team that already has a solid starter.
I don't get the pryor hate either. He is a beast of an athlete who hAs played some darn good qb in college. I would not be mad if we spent a 2 or 3 on him, as I think a coacch like harb can use and nourish a talent like pryor. I was just pointing out that I thought he looked behind cam in that area, which would make sense considering pryor has not had a typical draft prep.

I don't get the pryor hate either. He is a beast of an athlete who hAs played some darn good qb in college. I would not be mad if we spent a 2 or 3 on him, as I think a coacch like harb can use and nourish a talent like pryor. I was just pointing out that I thought he looked behind cam in that area, which would make sense considering pryor has not had a typical draft prep.

Having watched Pryor play in person for 3 years (I was an OSU season ticket holder), I have to say I'm quite shocked this guy never had monster hype around him (not because I think he'll be good in the NFL, but because players LIKE HIM have typically gotten monster hype... Newton, Vince Young, etc). He was the most important player on a team that got to BCS bowls each year he was the starter. The main thing that held him back in terms of production was the offense was conservative by nature, and not designed to accentuate his positives/hide his negatives like Cam Newton's remedial 3rd grade difficultly level offense.

Having watched Pryor play in person for 3 years (I was an OSU season ticket holder), I have to say I'm quite shocked this guy never had monster hype around him (not because I think he'll be good in the NFL, but because players LIKE HIM have typically gotten monster hype... Newton, Vince Young, etc). He was the most important player on a team that got to BCS bowls each year he was the starter. The main thing that held him back in terms of production was the offense was conservative by nature, and not designed to accentuate his positives/hide his negatives like Cam Newton's remedial 3rd grade difficultly level offense.

Dude what are you talking about? He had monster hype while he was still in high school. They covered his signing day on the front page of ESPN. I've been hearing about this guy nonstop for years and I don't even follow Ohio State.
Share 49ersWebzone