LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 245 users in the forums

What I think may happen!

I got a funny feelin patrick peterson wont be available when we pick, neither will von miller. I believe the player that is going to be a star is that player from missouri and his name aint blaine! Aldon Smith is a game changer and I am not saying that because he was on the show game changers. He was recruited as a tight end and that is why he has the speed that we could use at outside linebacker. Let me know what you guys think.
IMO Smith is a major reach at 7th, motor runs hot and cold and lacks the kind of numbers to consider him a solid pick; boom or bust prospect
Yeah but his upside is sooooo greeeaaattt! And that may get his drafted in the top ten.
Trade back for Phil Taylor and send a 3rd or 4th to T.B. for Josh Johnson. That gives us our NT and QB.

With the remaining slew of picks we look for depth at CB, RB and OLB.
  • buhda
  • Veteran
Prince Amukamara or Robert Quinn...
Originally posted by strickac:
Trade back for Phil Taylor and send a 3rd or 4th to T.B. for Josh Johnson. That gives us our NT and QB.

With the remaining slew of picks we look for depth at CB, RB and OLB.

I like this scenario.
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
I love aldon smith, but he is a 4-3 de, not a 3-4 guy. I watched him in about 4 games and he is a stud.
Originally posted by buhda:

If PP isn't there this is it. Assuming Gabbert is gone.
Way too high for Aldon, rater trad back or even out of the 1st round than take him at 7
If Peterson and Miller are gone then Prince Amukamara should be the pick at 7.

Originally posted by buhda:

That's where I am too. I don't thinK that Patrick Peterson is going to be there. I don't know about Aldon Smith. Truthfully his initials make me cringe lol. I do know that Michael Lombardi likes him a lot.
Aldon Smith = Manny Lawson

Athletic, tall but not a good fit for an 3-4 OLB. He should be a 4-3 DE. Also, that's a major reach at 7.
Quinn
Not going to happen IMO. Too big of a reach at #7. If Peterson and Miller are not there, there are much better options than Smith at that spot.
Share 49ersWebzone