LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 291 users in the forums

Would you trade this year's 2nd for a 1st next year?

Would you trade this year's 2nd for a 1st next year?

Given a scenario like a couple years ago with the Panthers, where we have our 2nd rounder, and a team offers a 1st next year in exchange, would you do it?

Assume that we have not yet addressed the QB issue in the 1st, and at least one of Dalton, Kaepernick, or Stanzi is available with our 2nd round pick.

So, would you take your QB, or take a 1st next year, have two firsts, and potentially ammo to trade up for Luck?
[ Edited by Niners23 on Apr 9, 2011 at 6:03 PM ]
Easy - Hell yes.
depends whether or not harbaugh is targetting a small school qb he knows he can get later on in the draft. or he takes blaine in the 1st since he recruited him for stanford before luck. i think the niners will be aggressive and have a win now attitude tho so they may just keep everything and draft for this year
Yes.
Depends on the likely placement of the #1 choice. If it is NEs or Colts, and will be a very low first probably not. If it might be higher, great. Would like to see a push for Luck and that would take a number of choices.
Doesn't matter who it is.

We're picking near middle of the 2nd round. At worst we move up 13 picks and can use that 2nd 1st rounder next year to move up or move down. It's certainly a worthwhile gamble. Especially with a prospect like Andrew Luck available next year.
Don't know why y'all keep mentioning luck. We are never going to see that guy even a yr away. If dalton or ponder are their we take them.
i could see raiders giving niners their 2012 #1 for niners 2nd this year, to take kaepernick
Usually, yes. But this year I like the depth of this draft. Personally I hang on to the pick and either use it or trade up with it.
Hell yes. I'd make that trade every year. It's a marathon, not a sprint. Any time you can trade a pick for a higher one, you do it.

All depends, if you box yourself in, then it is like a finger pointing to the moon (headslap), don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all its heavenly glory-haha

Depends who is there and whether we can get one of the QBs we want this year. Which team we would be trading too. Also, you are consuming yourself with Luck too much. Even with two first you may not get him unless say a team like the Rams have the over all pick and chances are the Rams may not trade their pick to a division rival, especially a franchise QB type. Then there is the scene of a serious injury. Also have to consider the talent level. What if it is a lack luster crop of draft picks like 2005?
A. Luck and M.Barkley will be in next years draft. Both of this QBs are better than any QB in this class.
Originally posted by Ice49er:
A. Luck and M.Barkley will be in next years draft. Both of this QBs are better than any QB in this class.

And I would bet that at least one of them will have completely fallen out of favour by next year's draft.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Ice49er:

And I would bet that at least one of them will have completely fallen out of favour by next year's draft.

Agreed.

In prior years I remember the pre-season hype about Jevan Snead, Colt McCoy and Jake Locker, all in this very forum.

-9fA
Also in 2012 draft.
QB K. Moore
Share 49ersWebzone