LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 260 users in the forums

DraftInsider's 5rd mock draft...

Heres the link...its basically a worst case senario for us regarding the top CB and OLB being gone, but the draft came out really good

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=5185

Niners picks:
007 AJ Green WR
045 Jake Locker QB
076 Dontay Moch LB
108 Jerrelle Powe NT
115 Richard Sherman CB
141 Demarco Murray RB

I would have really preferred to get a CB sooner, but With AJ Green and Crabtree on the outside, Vernon in the middle and Gore in the back field....it would really open the coverage up.

Locker could really be special if he could sit for 2 years while a Marc Bulger or Josh Johnson starts.

Moch is going to be boom or bust, his speed may translate to QB hurries and allow other players get to the QB.

Powe is a great pick, needed depth

Sherman would be familar with the coaching and could be solid, I thought he would be available later?

I love Murray, he is quick and can catch VERY well...perfect compliment to dixon and gore.
I actually think we could draft green bc two of the top three prospects for us being pp amd vm would be gone qnd then its between bpa being green and the second best de olb quinn and second best cb prince. That is a very realistic mock. And moch even though may not be greqt he could be solid and loke lawson get pressures with his speed vs sacks. No way locker slips so i think dalton in the second makes sense.a
How many is a "5rd"? But besides that, I hope we take Prince if that's the case, and stay far away from Locker, not even in the 2nd would I take him.
You have to put up 24 point + in a game to win in todays NFL. I am also a fan of drafting a true stud WR. Two Wr's that are quality along with a pro bowl TE can only help a vet qb the niners bring in and the developmental qb.

I would switch Ponder, Dalton Or Kaepernick at qb, but the draft addresses the needs.
would be tremendously happy if we end up with green
Trade down, get the QBOTF and NT lower in the 1st round.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Even though I would love to have AJ Green, Julio Jones and Nick Fairley on the team, I think the right pick would be to take Amukamara.
A lot of those guys are Boom or Bust but if it worked out like that i would be happy. I have preached that AJ Green isn't what we need. If we were to get a top rated QB teamed with a stud WR that would be nice. Doesn't address D until the 3rd pick. Moch speed could be great but could also be a waisted pick. I like Powe a lot. Had character issues but his size is ideal and would be a good pickup. Sherman makes sense and RB i don't think is a need but that would be a good gamble to take.
  • World
  • Veteran
If the draft falls that way I'll be shocked personally. I think Newton is a lock for #1 overall, but we'll see. Anyway, if it should fall that way, I'd be ok with going with Green even though it is not a need position. Prince would be ok too. After that though, I am not a fan of the choices.

Given who is available in Round 2, I would much prefer Ras-I Dowling. I think he is going to be a very solid CB in the league and fits a position of need for us. I'm not sold on Locker for Harbaugh's offense. Obviously, if Harbaugh ends up selecting him, I'll be for it 100% because Harbaugh knows him well having faced him a number of times. But from an outsider's perspective I don't think it's a match.

And then in Round 3, since we didn't go QB in Round 2, I would be ALL for Ricky Stanzi. I think he is on par with Ponder and Dalton in terms of being a match for our offense, perhaps even a notch above Dalton, and actually a better fit than Locker. So if we could address DE and CB in with the first 2 picks and then pick him up in Round 3, that would be a dream. I'm actually afraid he doesn't make it this far.

My ideal draft would actually have Quinn slipping 1 more spot than he did in this mock, so we can address the pass rush in Round 1, then take Ras-I in Round 2 and Stanzi in Round 3.
That draft is the worst thing I've ever seen. I like Green, but we have much more pressing needs. Quinn or Amukamara would be a much better pick for us in my opinion. Other than that I absolutly hate Locker as a player. I hope that does not happen, and Moch while talented is too light for a 3-4 outside backer.

• buhda
  • Veteran
Yep if Peterson gone then Prince should be the pick ...
Originally posted by Travisty13:
How many is a "5rd"? But besides that, I hope we take Prince if that's the case, and stay far away from Locker, not even in the 2nd would I take him.

That would be 5....since it's a 5 "round" mock.
Originally posted by rapid4:
Trade down, get the QBOTF and NT lower in the 1st round.

I agree.

If the Draftinsider mock went down this way I would kick a hole in my TV.
Originally posted by irishluder:
Heres the link...its basically a worst case senario for us regarding the top CB and OLB being gone, but the draft came out really good

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=5185

Niners picks:
007 AJ Green WR
045 Jake Locker QB
076 Dontay Moch LB
108 Jerrelle Powe NT
115 Richard Sherman CB
141 Demarco Murr
ay RB

I would have really preferred to get a CB sooner, but With AJ Green and Crabtree on the outside, Vernon in the middle and Gore in the back field....it would really open the coverage up.

Locker could really be special if he could sit for 2 years while a Marc Bulger or Josh Johnson starts.

Moch is going to be boom or bust, his speed may translate to QB hurries and allow other players get to the QB.

Powe is a great pick, needed depth

Sherman would be familar with the coaching and could be solid, I thought he would be available later?

I love Murray, he is quick and can catch VERY well...perfect compliment to dixon and gore.

I like this mock a lot and I would not be mad at all if this is the way it went down. I know we need D but getting arguably the other best player in the draft in AJ Green. Our qb the future. This two picks alone made me think. Offense takes longer to build than defense and a new regime will know this as well. We need to finish building With a qb that could be very successful under Harbaugh and our own Calvin Johnson type wr. We would be set at pretty much every position on offense and then next year we could just draft all D. With the mindset that D players can get up to par faster and the new qb and the rest of our offense would already have 1 yr in the new offense. Not to mention AJ green is a true number one and Crabtree could be our number 2 = Touchdown ciy.
Share 49ersWebzone